Derby County v Cardiff City F.C.

Boycie

Just now, Dr. Gonzo said:

I cant remember the last time (more recently) i had a buzz off the team like that though. Through a laptop anorl.  I genuinely thought i just wasnt that bothered anymore, not arsed, then got loads more than we've seen all season. the psychological barrier they breached. fans urging fozzy to shoot, to which he obliged, only for it to "ricocheted" somewhere and were all suddenly reminded that quite often recently that kind of tomfoolery has landed us in sticky situations. The ball bounces back towards us I felt. We've discovered our ghost. we had a shape to some degree.   Hats off to the lads. 

Me too, I'd spent the whole day thinking I could really do without this tonight, as if it was a burden. I'd never actively ignore the game or intentionally miss it, I think I'd stop following football if I ever got to that feeling, but I wasn't excited about it by any means. The way football can alter your mindset and mood so quickly is staggering though, there's nothing like it. The noise and the roar every time we were on the front foot after the equaliser was great to hear. I have no doubt that Derby will have me crashing back to earth again shortly, but for now I'm just going to enjoy the elation that I'm feeling right now. I don't even care about my 5am alarm right now!

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, LittleEatonRam said:

You're one of the ones who has called people out on 'negativity' a lot in the past. You've been 'negative' lately. But somehow your negativity is always justified. Now you're loving it. How odd.

I have called out people's negativity before the fact and indeed did so this evening with the wailing and gnashing of teeth over the team selection before a ball had been kicked.

Have I done it a lot? I don't think so but I can always justify it, yes. (my own particular favourite was the woe expressed when our midfield consisted of Hughes, Hanson and Hendrick at Norwich one season. We were going to get stuffed etc. Only we didn't and Hanson scored).

I am perhaps a bit over-the-top with expressions of woe during the match but, hey, that's easily done. Not sure anyone could have predicted 2 goals from Jerome based on his first half performance and we all had a lot of fun denying we'd slagged him off.

I have always been one of Keogh's biggest fans, though, so wanted to state clearly what I though was the impetus that changed the game for us. Those that don't like Keogh aren't ever going to be satisfied with what he does. I wasn't getting at those people, I just wanted to show appreciation of our former captain.

What a timely win and a confidence boost for everyone concerned.

Hopefully this will reignite our season and we will show the organisation, desire and composure that powered us to 2nd, in the remaining games.

No escaping from the fact that we’ve been in relegation form since January and Rowett has virtually saved his bacon with this win. 

But we need to forget about that now and look forward. It’s basically a five-game shootout for promotion.

Let’s just hold our nerve and get over the line by hook or crook.

Mel can always sack Rowett on the open top bus ride. :lol::ph34r:

Rowett is absolutely buzzing on his Sky sports post match analysis.

He looks completely wired and is quick firing answers all over the place. 

Great to see him like this and you can see the relief on his face.

As fans all we ask is for this effort to be put in each week and win or lose , I for one would be happy regardless of where we finish.

As long as we give it all I can forgive crappy games and dodgy results. Tonight was a great night of effort and the result was superb. 

Leep it up and we are in the playoffs then anything can happen.

That was why I watch football.

Committed. Hard fought. Energetic. Passion on the pitch and ringing around the stands.

Get the **** in that was bloody marvellous.

I've slated all these players to the boards...now, just THANK YOU for that. THANK YOU.

Do that and lose and I'll wear it. Do that and win and I'll be happy all week.

No ratings, no tactical comment, just...please, please, put on a ******* show like that 2 games out of 3 and you've earned my ST money.

It would be fantastic if Derby could upset the odds and win the play-offs to go up with Wolves and Cardiff.

Don't want any more London clubs in PL and cannot stand Boro. Villa just about acceptable if Rams don't win play-offs.

4 minutes ago, needles said:

That was why I watch football.

Committed. Hard fought. Energetic. Passion on the pitch and ringing around the stands.

Get the **** in that was bloody marvellous.

I've slated all these players to the boards...now, just THANK YOU for that. THANK YOU.

Do that and lose and I'll wear it. Do that and win and I'll be happy all week.

No ratings, no tactical comment, just...please, please, put on a ******* show like that 2 games out of 3 and you've earned my ST money.

Funny how whenever a team loses it's always because theyre never committed, hard fought or energetic enough. Those qualities always seem to be associated with winning.

Just now, Barney_FFC said:

Wow never enjoyed a football game not involving my own team as much as I did tonight. 

We just need you to do your part now please. Finish second so we can get them lot in the play-offs and really give Colin something to shout about

Archived