Derby County v Cardiff City F.C.

Boycie

Wow just wow.

Apologise to anyone sat within  a 20 metre radius of me tonight, behaved like I was 16 years old again and have lost my voice.

That level of effort is what should be shown every week, that will keep you in games even when the football isn't great.

Interesting to see what confidence that gives us for the final two games.

Hope Rowett finally saw we can be a good team when attacking the opposition and playing on the front foot.

Some decent performances tonight. Hope Jerome is drug tested because the player in the second half was completely different to the first half.

Wish Keogh and Pearce had done their little celebation for the 3rd goal in Morrisons face.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That was nothing short of magnificent. We won our battles all over the pitch. Not many sides put Cardiff thugs on their backsides throughout the game. We outbullied the bullies. Cam had both centre halves to deal with and deal with them he did. He ran and ran and battled throughout. Delighted he got two well taken goals. Richard Keogh was immense as was Andre Wisdom. Finally very well played Gary Rowett you have restored my faith in this side.

4 hours ago, Millenniumram said:

Is that Gary’s plan, so he can call it in hindsight after the game? It’s no use after the game, you’ve gotta get it right before. Maybe that team will astonish me but I’m far from convinced... 

Maybe you got it wrong lol 

16 minutes ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

That was nothing short of magnificent. We won our battles all over the pitch. Not many sides put Cardiff thugs on their backsides throughout the game. We outbullied the bullies. Cam had both centre halves to deal with and deal with them he did. He ran and ran and battled throughout. Delighted he got two well taken goals. Richard Keogh was immense as was Andre Wisdom. Finally very well played Gary Rowett you have restored my faith in this side.

I actually thought for 60 minutes Jerome got bullied, don't remember him winning a single challenge. In the last 30 minutes the bullied became the bully.

4 hours ago, Doodle said:

I think he wants to get sacked. I assume he’s had enough, but won’t resign and miss out on a big pay off. So he’s picking the team over the last few games to piss off the entire fan base, the owner and players too. I seriously cannot think of a more logical explanation for this imbeciles team selections

Could you please say you got it wrong 

PistoldPete2
4 hours ago, Carnero said:

Calling it first...

Jerome to bag a brace in a 2-0 win :ph34r:

Sorry not good enough... Someone else called it 3-1 , and a half time score of 0-1. The rob hulse guy. All in the plan to bring vydra on fresh. 

36 minutes ago, Zag zig said:

Brentford could be the main challenger come the last game. Either way no reason we can’t put a shift in and get a result at Villa, they can be equally inconsistent.

Barnsley game a guaranteed cracker whatever, Pride Park will be rocking.

If we lose to villa and millwall beat boro its out of our hands

Not seen the post match interviews, just wondered what Warnock had to say about his players scything down our players every time we tried to counter attack, and also about Gunnarsson standing their applauding whoever was doing the scything. Imagine he was livid about it?

2 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

I actually thought for 60 minutes Jerome got bullied, don't remember him winning a single challenge. In the last 30 minutes the bullied became the bully.

He was competing G Star. I thought giving as good as he got. Not just the physicality but the chasing down with speed. He had to deal with Bamber  as well as Morrison. Eventually he wore them down and won the war.

First half was the same as the boro game in my eyes. 23 mins of huff and puff The it went into a lull. Without getting too much into it we were poor, we tried to play Cardiff’s game and we just ended up giving away free kicks, panicking on the ball and we were pretty rigid.

Second half the game opened up when we starting thinking more about playing football than the man, essentially we started to play our game and looked so much better for it. Less fouls, we won the ball and pressured them into mistakes. Hopefully something clicked here.

Johnson was my motm, won his battle against Gunnarsson all game and starting picking up the tempo when Cardiff began to falter. He’s not the best footballer, but get him at his best and he will makes a huge difference to this team. We need a battler further up the pitch and he deserves more respect in my opinion.

Also shout out to Wisdom with a great bit of intelligence for that second goal. Bided his time and closed down just at the right moment.

Thought Cardiff were pretty...arrogant (?), a bit like how we have been in games I guess in that cruise control hits when you think the game is won. False sense of security and all that. Morrison was shown up by Jerome (he deserves the plaudits tonight) and Warnocks subs were poor. Not to take away from our performance but if they wanted a lesson in game management then they only needed to look at the boro game from Saturday.

In fairness, and im not saying it this was a direct effect, but Cardiff started to fall apart of Ward went off. They lost that bit of buzz (hence I can see why Bryson does well there and they poss missed him tonight).

Two slight negatives:

1) I don’t think I’d have Weimann in my 11 unfortunately 

2) sliiiiiiightly disappointed in Rowett’s Radio Derby interview that he heaped the praise on Vydra like he came on and changed the game. Yes he did start to get players booked and commit fouls, but I felt the team as a whole deserved the plaudits, plus maybe give a little appreciation to a player like Forsyth who played through it tonight and came out strong the last 20 mins.

Overall a good game and hopefully we see more of that Derby County

The noise from the fans was excellent tonight, got behind the lads all match despite many of us feeling apathetic in the run up.

I thought the result flattered us a bit, lots of effort (which lets be honest has been inexcusably missing in recent games) but skill and technique was still missing for most of the game.  Lucky breaks for the 1st and 3rd goals, composed finish for the second but when you're hoping to turn a corner it was definitely the performance you needed/wanted to see :)

Hopefully we can build on this now, bag at least a draw from Villa then beat Barnsley and go into the play-offs with a bit of belief.  Might even get Cardiff again in the semi's :ph34r:

19 minutes ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

He was competing G Star. I thought giving as good as he got. Not just the physicality but the chasing down with speed. He had to deal with Bamber  as well as Morrison. Eventually he wore them down and won the war.

Saw it very differently, thought the only player that put a decent aerial challenge in on the centre backs in the first half was Weimann of all people.

11 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

Saw it very differently, thought the only player that put a decent aerial challenge in on the centre backs in the first half was Weimann of all people.

In fairness I think he, and a few others, grew into the game as it went on. In the first half the attackers jibbing a few tackles and just playing into Cardiff’s hands. I can’t quite put my finger on why but at some point Johnson (not sure Huddlestone had his best game again tonight) really put his control in the midfield and it created space in front for Jerome and others to move. So then they forced the Cardiff players out of position rather than just out trying to out muscle them.

Just got home .....what a fantastic effort from our lads tonight....was proud of our team and work rate

we could play like that every week and I’d never be dissatisfied no matter what the result the effort was superb!!!...everyone to a man put it in tonight ... I’ve got to say Keogh Lawrence and Weimanns work rate stood out and really pleased for Jerome  especially but everyone was good ...much more like it GR...well done ?????????????????

Archived