Derby County v Cardiff City F.C.

Boycie

This Sunday 18th 12.00noon.

Warnocks coming to town.

The man who said to my mate when he bumped into him in London the other week that Derby are “going nowhere”

Well, love him or hate him, he’s a character. I’d love to send him away pointless and bolster our position in the play offs.

No Huddlestone, maybe no Vydra? No Thorne, No Ledley either? Looks a bit grim on paper.

I think the lads will be up for it though, it’s a big game, let’s hope Palmer can be unleashed to do damage early on and brought off later if he’s not match fit. But I think he needs to start.

The guy in the Fans forum the other night made a great point, let’s get the players winding up the atmosphere a bit, and Rowett, stop thinking of ways the fans can improve it and get encouraging them from the pitch or sidelines.

Anyway, we need this win for confidence reasons in my opinion, to show the doubters we’ve still got what it takes.  Time to wake up from the mini hibernation.

Whats word on d’street?

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
PistoldPete2
59 minutes ago, Boycie said:

Warnocks coming to town.

The man who said to my mate when he bumped into him in London the other week that Derby are “going nowhere”

Well, love him or hate him, he’s a character. I’d love to send him away pointless and bolster our position in the play offs.

No Huddlestone, maybe no Vydra? No Thorne, No Ledley either? Looks a bit grim on paper.

I think the lads will be up for it though, it’s a big game, let’s hope Palmer can be unleashed to do damage early on and brought off later if he’s not match fit. But I think he needs to start.

The guy in the Fans forum the other night made a great point, let’s get the players winding up the atmosphere a bit, and Rowett, stop thinking of ways the fans can improve it and get encouraging them from the pitch or sidelines.

Anyway, we need this win for confidence reasons in my opinion, to show the doubters we’ve still got what it takes.  Time to wake up from the mini hibernation.

Whats word on d’street?

The formation against forest wasn't so bad, not as bad as it looked on paper. If hud isn't fit that's a big problem. If we bring Palmer in for hud we could be cut open down the middle when we lose the ball. Maybe bairdinho in midfield? 

I'm another who has a funny feeling we'll win this... The law of averages suggests our run of 7 without a win and Cardiff's run of 7 straight wins must end soon!

Team pretty much picks itself I think:

(4-2-3-1) CARSON; WISDOM, KEOGH, DAVIES, FORSYTH; HANSON, JOHNSON; WEIMANN, PALMER, LAWRENCE; JEROME

I feel good about this one, as long as we pick the system to suit the personnel we have available rather than the personnel to fit the system. With all 3 CDM’s out, we could either play Johnson and Hanson there, which would give us zero creativity albeit solid enough or try a more expansive system. As good as a draw would be, I expect a 2-2 draw is more likely if we attack or even a 3-2 win. If we sit back for a 0-0 I can see us getting done 0-2 

I share the strange confidence, I think Palmer will start and cause them problems, the feeling of being the gritty underdog again, Johnson and Hanson aren't likely to let themselves be bullied, Lawrence and weimann will work as hard as Cardiff's counterparts.

That and we're not suddenly a bad team, so a win is going to come sooner or later, same as as good as Cardiff are, they're going to lose one sooner or later.

1 hour ago, Ted McMinn Football Genius said:

Bring your neck braces for the ensuing hoof ball that’s coming to PP on Sunday.

They play with the same style as Leeds, hoof-hoof-goal. Minimal possession counter attacking Park the bus type of match. 

Not going to be pretty ??

That's not true they don't play hoof ball at all Neither do Leeds you either don't go to football or have an eyesight defect 

Thanks for the ten quid tickets mel,they have made it worthwhile booking a days leave to watch on sunday.

Not expecting a classic match with the ball spending the majority of the match fifty feet in the air,but there is a decent bacon cob deal in the East stand concourse pre game,so I'll certainly enjoy that part of the experience.

You never know though,as the inclusion of some of the under 23 squad who seem to be used to playing on the floor a little more and aren't suffering from the February cloud could liven it all up for us....

And we always have palmer,the little rascal,who will hopefully start this match.

COYR...

2 hours ago, Boycie said:

Warnocks coming to town.

Whats word on d’street?

The look of iron and steel on the Rams' players faces, the banter by Rowett on the sideline and the thumping but fair tackle by Claude Davies set the "invincibility" tone against the dogs last Sunday. GR and his squad just need to re-install that same software into their mental RAM (the computer type not the sheep) and I think we can get a famous win. It will be a dog-fight, it will be won either by a piece of individual brilliance (step forward Palmer) or it will canon in off Jerome's knee cap. A point is not the end of the world but if ever we needed three, it is now. We need a real thick atmosphere so fans MUST do whatever it takes...and Palmer MUST start GR...as Mac said, it's time to be a bit less risk averse...

ps https://www.dcfc.co.uk/news/2018/03/madley-to-take-charge-of-cardiff-clash

It's Andrew Madley as the ref...CMIIW but wasn't he the fourth official v Red Dogs last Sunday who vehemently agreed with GR's assessment of the "effing ****house referee?". Could be a good omen...

enjoying the gutsy atmosphere emanating from this thread and share the sentiments. 

This is a match for grown men. Come on Bruiser, game of your young life please. And Bradley The armoured fighting vehicle, all guns blazing.

Dont want pretty, want 3 points ( but some Sunday  lunchtime dancing from Palmer Court ( just off the roundabout)  would be nice.

Come on you Rams .. Let's tup some sheep.

2 hours ago, PistoldPete2 said:

The formation against forest wasn't so bad, not as bad as it looked on paper. If hud isn't fit that's a big problem. If we bring Palmer in for hud we could be cut open down the middle when we lose the ball. Maybe bairdinho in midfield? 

suspended?

Loving the pumped up nature of the posts Ladies and Gents! Lets hope the boys deliver. Go win the game in the first 30 mins. As we've done a few times already this season (not recently).

Team: 

Carson

Wisdom,Keogh, Davies, Fozzy 

Bruiser,Brad the Builder

Weimann, Palmer, Lawrence

Vydra 

or 

Carson

Wisdom,Keogh, Davies, Fozzy 

Bruiser,Brad the Builder

Weimann, Vydra, Palmer

Jerome