Derby County v Cardiff City F.C.

Boycie

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
PistoldPete2
25 minutes ago, AndyinLiverpool said:

I have called out people's negativity before the fact and indeed did so this evening with the wailing and gnashing of teeth over the team selection before a ball had been kicked.

Have I done it a lot? I don't think so but I can always justify it, yes. (my own particular favourite was the woe expressed when our midfield consisted of Hughes, Hanson and Hendrick at Norwich one season. We were going to get stuffed etc. Only we didn't and Hanson scored).

I am perhaps a bit over-the-top with expressions of woe during the match but, hey, that's easily done. Not sure anyone could have predicted 2 goals from Jerome based on his first half performance and we all had a lot of fun denying we'd slagged him off.

I have always been one of Keogh's biggest fans, though, so wanted to state clearly what I though was the impetus that changed the game for us. Those that don't like Keogh aren't ever going to be satisfied with what he does. I wasn't getting at those people, I just wanted to show appreciation of our former captain.

I thought Jerome played well the whole game. Looked absolutely knackered at the end. We need to manage these oldies well , Nugent as well. Vydra too tho he’s not old he covers a lot of ground.

3 minutes ago, Carnero said:

What are you talking about? This system is like a breath of fresh air and almost forces us to play on the front foot. It was the same system when Vydra came on.

"Lawrence a different player"... oh let's ditch this system and shove him back out wide shall we?

For the love of God man.

Lawrence has been a different player since Preston away. Where he has been playing wide. He was also at his best wide tonight. So I don’t get your point 

Also, in the first half Cardiff could have had multiple goals from the same ball. Olsson and Forsyth didn’t work and it won’t work. Weimann played much further forward than Olsson

Just now, TexasRam said:

After all the criticism of them for myself, hats off tonight to Rowett and Jerome well played :thumbsup: . Now get us over the line ?

I'd like to echo that. I've been critical of Rowett in recent weeks and I don't go back on that.

But credit where credit is due: he got it right in every way tonight. We looked a transformed team and if we play with the same commitment and sense that we (mostly) did this evening then he will have done well to win me back onside.

Just now, SuperDerbySuperRams said:

The attacking intensity shifted completely. Olsson and Forsyth were hugging each other and it didn’t work 

This, 100%. 

Olsson was playing too much like a left-back. Weimann comes on and hugs the wing, giving Forsyth a bit of space to play. Fozzy looked much, much better when Olsson came off. 

Obviously, Vydra coming on had a big impact up top, but it did wonders for our shape that might have gone unnoticed. 

I ******* love that 3-4-3. 

Well yes get In lads much needed win and back in the play offs so pround of you lads. And that derby county and black and white warriors spirt get into there faces dont back down and now bring on villa we are back ready for fight.

Going to bed a very happy man. Always hate it if I feel the need to criticize anything about the club, so it gives me immense pleasure to be able to say well done to the players, the manager, the fans and the owner. So chuffed for CJ and RK. Special message to Vyds:- George Best used to have lumps kicked out of him, but gave payback where it hurts most, just as you did tonight. If you're getting clogged, it's a compliment to your ability, so just give them a good hard kicking back, right in the onion bag. Well played, you're still the man.

I'm just so pleased to see such fight and determination from the lot of you -we're all back together again. United we stand, divided we fall.

COYR

Amazing second half when we actually went for it and got at them. Forsyth and Keogh really pushed on which the outside CB's have to do in a back 3. Cameron Jerome was outstanding, couldn't quite believe it was him, I thought it was a prime Drogba out there tonight. 

Can we play like we did in the second half for the last two games and hopefully beyond, please? Finally some endeavour. 

Carson- I don’t like my keepers getting beat at the near post even if it was a good strike

wisdom - better and an assist

keogh - played like an advanced midfielder 

davies - solid

forsyth - very good second half

huddlestone - decent

lawrence - much better lately 

Johnson - built for this kind of game but still can’t pass

wieman. - decent contribution 

ollson - he is just not a very good defender - left his man for the goal 

Jerome - much better and even two goals 

subs of note - Vydra - very good goal - we have seen him put plenty like that blasted over the bar 

nice to send diff back home wishing the game had been called off due to the rain 

I am so happy tonight, stick that up your arse Warnock, thought some of our play was excellent tonight, and the only team who even tried to play any football tonight was us, well done to the players, management team and the FANS who was load and proud tonight, now let's get the job done, get the the play offs and see where that will take us. Once a RAM always a RAM.

Archived