Derby County v Cardiff City F.C.

Boycie

The most important thing from this game was that we showed something i haven't seen from Derby since christmas, and that's character. The football may not have been incredible, but if we can show this character in every game from now on i'm not worried about next year at all.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Sith Happens
Just now, Phoenix said:

I hope Gary 'forgot' to shake Colins hand

I hope he has done a dump on Colins bonnet 

2 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

I'll agree with that. but there was a small bit more today. hint of underdog magic doin abaaaaht 

For most of the season we've looked so unlikely to gain promotion and that's what I'm most excited about. If we manage to hold on to the top six then anything can happen.

Derby v QPR

Fulham v Derby

A lot of similarities could be made between those two fixtures should they happen...

7 minutes ago, AndyinLiverpool said:

Keogh showing commitment started it all. Lifted the fans, lifted the team.

You're one of the ones who has called people out on 'negativity' a lot in the past. You've been 'negative' lately. But somehow your negativity is always justified. Now you're loving it. How odd.

1 minute ago, Shuff264 said:

Morrison looked like a pub defender while Keogh was playing centre back, right back and right wing! What a guy! 

i reckon we give keogh a free role if we make the playoffs. see what happens. rw, cf, sweeper, dm, he's played nearly all of our games for flipping years. usual set up but let keogh do his thing. wildhorse

1 minute ago, JarodyDCFC said:

The most important thing from this game was that we showed something i haven't seen from Derby since christmas, and that's character. The football may not have been incredible, but if we can show this character in every game from now on i'm not worried about next year at all.

Absolutely. Last game we went for it like that was Villa at home where we chased everything, hunted in packs, got stuck in and held a fantastic shape. And ultimately that won it for us.

Today wasn’t pretty and didn’t look as organised but the effort was evident and there’s some skill in there when the confidence is higher.

(Bit odd that Gary has just cited an old squad and midweek fixtures as a problem for us...)

Didn’t we try to sign that Wildshutt? Dodged a bullet there. Great character, fair dos to Gary. Actually making a positive sub with Vydra on for Olsen. We just have to be that attacking from the off from now on. No more back foot stuff from now on

3 minutes ago, Anag Ram said:

I now officially know nothing about football. 

Wow!

Tell you what though. Cardiff royally screwed that up. Defending like ours against Sunderland. 

So, Cardiff defeated themselves rather than us beating them?

Archived