Forum Issues

Day
Message added by Day,

This topic is for technical issues with the forum/server only.

For issues with moderation such as warnings, removed posts and topics, please contact a moderator that is online privately as per the forum terms of use.

1 hour ago, Ken Tram said:

This was a good idea, and it nearly worked.

I've just posted 2-above (in the forum issues thread) an idea of having some sort of news article or thread - that summarises the key points.

Your idea of "what's happening today" is good too!

Whatever the solution - the problem is that members who can only dip in and out cannot find the key info or news.

In an ideal world, I'd want to come here for news on Derby - but when I want to hear the latest, I have to go to Google.

It nearly worked but we're all too all over the place to think where we post! 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

May I informally enquire...

What's the chances of having one of those buttons at the bottom of each page, that magically transports you back to the top of the page, with one deft touch?

Alternatively, maybe the icon that returns you to the "Unread Content" list is also at the bottom, rather than only at the top?   ?‍♂️

Not so fussed about scrolling back up on the lappy, but when lying in bed of a night, on my iphone, every time I vigorously swipe back to the top of the page (typically 3 swipes, if not more!), the bed jerks... and Muckerette is a bit of a filthy mare, so her little face lights up, thinking I want some attention, when I really don't!

"No darling" says I.  "I'm just having some fun with the boys".

"Oh!", she replies.  ?

27 minutes ago, Mucker1884 said:

What's the chances of having one of those buttons at the bottom of each page, that magically transports you back to the top of the page, with one deft touch?

Alternatively, maybe the icon that returns you to the "Unread Content" list is also at the bottom, rather than only at the top?   ?‍♂️

Not so fussed about scrolling back up on the lappy, but when lying in bed of a night, on my iphone, every time I vigorously swipe back to the top of the page (typically 3 swipes, if not more!), the bed jerks... and Muckerette is a bit of a filthy mare, so her little face lights up, thinking I want some attention, when I really don't!

"Oh!", she replies.  ?

Didn't know whether to give a laugh or applaud reaction...

Morgan Freeman Applause GIF by The Academy Awards

59 minutes ago, Mucker1884 said:

"Oh!", she replies.  ?

On iPhone, can't you just double tap the top of the screen toolbar to do that?

On 16/02/2022 at 10:21, Rev said:

On iPhone, can't you just double tap the top of the screen toolbar to do that?

For info:

Since the above revelation, I have since discovered that a mere single tap is all that is required. 

This just keeps getting better, and I don’t think I have ever felt this satisfied whilst being on the internet!  ?

3 minutes ago, Mucker1884 said:

For info:

Since the above revelation, I have since discovered that a mere single tap is all that is required. 

This just keeps getting better, and I don’t think I have ever felt this satisfied whilst being on the internet!  ?

Wait until you see what happens when you triple tap the back!

• 2 weeks later...