Forum Issues

David
Message added by David,

This topic is for technical issues with the forum/server only.

For issues with moderation such as warnings, removed posts and topics, please contact a moderator that is online privately as per the forum terms of use.

There is a pesky bug which will be fixed on the next update which is the big one.

You can be browsing along when you're suddenly signed out, annoying right? I know.

When this happens do not try and log back in, just refresh your browser and abracadabra you're logged back in. (Might take a couple attempts)

This pesky bug mainly targets people that use multiple devices, although it has been known to tinker with one device users as well.

I do apologise for any inconvenience caused whilst browsing this glorious forum, the update which will fix this should hopefully be out in the next few weeks, whilst you wait I encourage all users to be vocal in their complaints to Boycie, it's all his fault. 

Edited by David

12 hours ago, Boycie said:

My god, it's actually happening is it?

You wouldn't believe me 2 month ago init. Must have happened to you too?

This forums on its arse since I was sacked as Admin.

At least we still have a forum since you were sacked.

14 hours ago, David said:

There is a pesky bug which will be fixed on the next update which is the big one.

You can be browsing along when you're suddenly signed out, annoying right? I know.

When this happens do not try and log back in, just refresh your browser and abracadabra you're logged back in. (Might take a couple attempts)

This pesky bug mainly targets people that use multiple devices, although it has been known to tinker with one device users as well.

I do apologise for any inconvenience caused whilst browsing this glorious forum, the update which will fix this should hopefully be out in the next few weeks, whilst you wait I encourage all users to be vocal in their complaints to Boycie, it's all his fault. 

Never had a problem. Could it be cough iPhone cough related?

Just now, GboroRam said:

Never had a problem. Could it be cough iPhone cough related?

Sorry to disappoint but reports have come in with users of Chrome on desktop, so stick your apple jealousy where the morning sun doesn't shine!

Just now, GboroRam said:

User error I reckon. 

That's what I put it down to with Boycie, then AmericanRam reported it so naturally took it more seriously. Having cleared my cookies and all that tosh I started to replicate it myself. McLovin and others soon followed and more recently Ramnut.

2 hours ago, Gritters said:

Just a query on forum issues is it my phone or the forum that auto corrects words to the wrong words??

Which words? If it's a naughty word will be the forum, if not it's your phone

• 2 weeks later...

Just seen @reveldevil have an issue with clearing the editor with a quote in, we did have a clear editor button so this is a quick update on that, basically the button doesn't work with this software version yet, it's a 3rd party plugin developer waiting on.

The trick is to tap the top left of the quote, you will see a little square box with a cross in, click that cross again and you will see it turns black and the quote shows a colour outline depending on your browser, iOS safari is blue, then press delete.

Hey presto gone.

If you can't get that to work, a cheat way is to just refresh the page, then open the editor and you will see a black bar at the bottom which says it has restored your post you was writing, then an option to clear the editor, click that link and jobs a good un.