Forum Issues

Day
Message added by Day,

This topic is for technical issues with the forum/server only.

For issues with moderation such as warnings, removed posts and topics, please contact a moderator that is online privately as per the forum terms of use.

20 minutes ago, David said:

Same thing really. Is it just that thread or every thread?

If it is and you have an ad blocked installed, check the settings as some come with social media filters that can block embedded Twitter, Facebook and Instagram posts

It’s intermittent on either device. 

13 hours ago, GenBr said:

Similar issue with the twitter links. Not blocked entirely, but they're not working quite right

image.thumb.png.80c2dd5dab3d2a40642f675d1ccccd96.png

Mine display like that as Twitter is blocked through work but is okay through my own internet/mobile data etc. Some ad blockers can block social media on 3rd party sites such as this one too.

6 hours ago, ThePrisoner said:

Mine display like that as Twitter is blocked through work but is okay through my own internet/mobile data etc. Some ad blockers can block social media on 3rd party sites such as this one too.

I tried it without the adblocker as well and doesnt seem to make a difference for me

Sometimes tweets can be deleted as well which will show like that.

There hasn't been any changes to the software or server our end, so can only guess this is either a browser/plugin or issue at Twitter's end.

1 minute ago, David said:

Sometimes tweets can be deleted as well which will show like that.

There hasn't been any changes to the software or server our end, so can only guess this is either a browser/plugin or issue at Twitter's end.

Like I said it’s intermittent. The next time i open that thread, the tweet more often than not is showing. But it’s hours old and too late to respond! 

3 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

Like I said it’s intermittent. The next time i open that thread, the tweet more often than not is showing. But it’s hours old and too late to respond! 

I would say this sounds like it's on Twitter's end then if it's intermittent, having a browse around now to see if I can catch one not loading 

On 26/08/2021 at 11:34, David said:

I would say this sounds like it's on Twitter's end then if it's intermittent, having a browse around now to see if I can catch one not loading 

Just tried with Edge and it seems to work fine on there. Maybe just a browser issue on my end.

• 2 weeks later...

I've noticed a lot of insults over the past day mocking the personal appearance of people predominantly directed towards potential new Forest managers and chairmen of other EFL clubs. 

If any of those personal insults were directed towards other forum members then at the very least the post would be deleted and the person in question get banned.

I can't understand why then it's acceptable to treat others in the same manner and am sure none of us would enjoy having the same personal insults directed towards us either on this forum or in real life. 

Can we just try and be kind to each other please. 

14 minutes ago, David said:

This topic is for forum issues with the software/server rather than moderation issues.

The report function can be used to raise any issues with content on the forum.

I've done that thanks.

I just wanted to put it out there about my feelings but apologies if I've used the wrong forum to do that.

Hello mods ?

How do you get a thread pinned? Wanted to start one for those specifically wanting to discuss how to launch a potential fan buyout & a plan of action (rather than a just a general discussion about whether its a good idea). A pinned thread should make it easier for the 76 who voted yes to find it, what's going on & how they could join in

Hopefully not seen as too frivolous a topic

10 hours ago, LeedsCityRam said:

Hello mods ?

How do you get a thread pinned? Wanted to start one for those specifically wanting to discuss how to launch a potential fan buyout & a plan of action (rather than a just a general discussion about whether its a good idea). A pinned thread should make it easier for the 76 who voted yes to find it, what's going on & how they could join in

Hopefully not seen as too frivolous a topic

There’s a thread already open about a fanciful fans take over.