Forum Issues

Day
Message added by Day,

This topic is for technical issues with the forum/server only.

For issues with moderation such as warnings, removed posts and topics, please contact a moderator that is online privately as per the forum terms of use.

When can we review/rationalise the current set of reaction emojis please?

In my humble opinion the like and clapping emojis are too close to each other in meaning, the angry emoji hardly gets used (not complaining about this btw just observing) and the laughing emoji gets muddled up between finding something genuinely funny and being used to deride the opinion - perhaps an eyes rolling emoji additionally as I've suggested before. 

I find myself using a lot of GIFs now to replace emojis sentiments that aren't existing or appropriate to use, not sure if this is meant to be the way forward. 

Would be interested in other people's opinions too.

3 hours ago, Tyler Durden said:

When can we review/rationalise the current set of reaction emojis please?

In my humble opinion the like and clapping emojis are too close to each other in meaning, the angry emoji hardly gets used (not complaining about this btw just observing) and the laughing emoji gets muddled up between finding something genuinely funny and being used to deride the opinion - perhaps an eyes rolling emoji additionally as I've suggested before. 

I find myself using a lot of GIFs now to replace emojis sentiments that aren't existing or appropriate to use, not sure if this is meant to be the way forward. 

Would be interested in other people's opinions too.

I agree. I would like posters to know when I am laughing with them and not at them

# @Boycie

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, PistoldPete said:

I wish to complain about ads for EFLorist... apparently I can order flowers on line.

Is this a wind up? Combining my two pet hates .. the EFL and Forest into one word, and plastering it all over this website in banner ads?

Stop looking for flowers and reading about Forest then, it goes on your browser history.

Busted. 

• 2 weeks later...

I think the forum would benefit from a "News channel"!

For example, some of the keener members acting as journalists and summarising key points made in key threads.

I don't know if the forum software allows for "articles", but perhaps there would be a way to do it?

A second request would be the ability to read the most up-voted comments. 

It would be brilliant if I could click a button and read the top ten posts of the hour, or 4 hours, or day, or week!

Both within a single thread, but also across all threads!

(It'd be good for team selection threads too, as it would enable the most popular selections to be compared.)

3 hours ago, CBRammette said:

Missing some things in the volume. Please can we have this thread perhaps pinned where we just post what is happening today or what we need/can do today WITHOUT any discussion of said events or posts? 

This was a good idea, and it nearly worked.

I've just posted 2-above (in the forum issues thread) an idea of having some sort of news article or thread - that summarises the key points.

Your idea of "what's happening today" is good too!

Whatever the solution - the problem is that members who can only dip in and out cannot find the key info or news.

In an ideal world, I'd want to come here for news on Derby - but when I want to hear the latest, I have to go to Google.