Forum Issues

Day
Message added by Day,

This topic is for technical issues with the forum/server only.

For issues with moderation such as warnings, removed posts and topics, please contact a moderator that is online privately as per the forum terms of use.

On the laptop (using Brave) I can't use emojis. If I click the button and it's empty. But it works using Opera on the phone. I guess it's therefore something to do with Brave, which is a Chromium-based browser designed to preserve as much privacy as possible. The GIF option beside emojis does work.

3 minutes ago, Carl Sagan said:

On the laptop (using Brave) I can't use emojis. If I click the button and it's empty. But it works using Opera on the phone. I guess it's therefore something to do with Brave, which is a Chromium-based browser designed to preserve as much privacy as possible. The GIF option beside emojis does work.

This will be down to the inbuilt blockers in the Brave browser, nothing I can do about that.

Loving this new fangled thread stats wotsit, so hats off to all/any involved in that.  ??

If we could just tidy up the "Most active in this topic" line, and have most active first, descending in number of posts order, reading L to R, that would do wonders for my OCD!

Not sure why anyone on 60 posts would be listed before someone on 64, and can't imagine anyone would deliberately and consciously design a computer programme thingy that looked so incredibly slap-dash, so I presume that's just a glitch?  ?‍♂️

I'm also thinking it might be nice to know which mods are currently online (or to be more accurate "Currently on Moderating Duty"), but I suspect that might be something the mods aren't keen on, and I think I know why, so maybe a no for that?  ?‍♂️

Great work though, all the same.  ??

2 minutes ago, Mucker1884 said:

Loving this new fangled thread stats wotsit, so hats off to all/any involved in that.  ??

If we could just tidy up the "Most active in this topic" line, and have most active first, descending in number of posts order, reading L to R, that would do wonders for my OCD!

Not sure why anyone on 60 posts would be listed before someone on 64, and can't imagine anyone would deliberately and consciously design a computer programme thingy that looked so incredibly slap-dash, so I presume that's just a glitch?  ?‍♂️

I'm also thinking it might be nice to know which mods are currently online (or to be more accurate "Currently on Moderating Duty"), but I suspect that might be something the mods aren't keen on, and I think I know why, so maybe a no for that?  ?‍♂️

Great work though, all the same.  ??

It’s a no f’all of it! ?

28 minutes ago, Mucker1884 said:

On the main page at the bottom, there's a list of everyone online and the mods are all in bold. (That's bold not bald, though some of us are follicly challenged)

2 minutes ago, rynny said:

On the main page at the bottom, there's a list of everyone online and the mods are all in bold. (That's bold not bald, though some of us are follicly challenged)

Hmmm!  Decisions, Decisions... 

I'll make the official reaction a polite thankyou (Cheers), but it deserved one of these as well...  ?

This may have been asked and answered before, but is there anyway to actually get the ads to stop showing ads that I have variously flagged as repetitive, inappropriate, not interested etc etc.  I know it happens on most websites but as we have such nice admins here they might be able to explain why I’m basically being ignored by the ad company! 

1 hour ago, LazloW said:

This may have been asked and answered before, but is there anyway to actually get the ads to stop showing ads that I have variously flagged as repetitive, inappropriate, not interested etc etc.  I know it happens on most websites but as we have such nice admins here they might be able to explain why I’m basically being ignored by the ad company! 

Donate, the ads stop if you donate..

2 hours ago, LazloW said:

My only thought would be that you are not signed into a Google account or it's cookie based and your cookies and options are being disregarded.

It's out of my control completely so not something I can do much about. All I do is enter the code for Google to inject the ads into the forum.

I can block individual ads, but that would be site wide for everyone and there are thousands of ads to find the ones users want removed.

25 minutes ago, mozza said:

Donate, the ads stop if you donate..

This isn't true. We did offer this a number of years ago, maybe 5 or so when donations were handled through an inbuilt app. Now donations are simply a thank you donation from those that wish to with no perks on offer direct through PayPal. 

1 hour ago, David said:

This isn't true. We did offer this a number of years ago, maybe 5 or so when donations were handled through an inbuilt app. Now donations are simply a thank you donation from those that wish to with no perks on offer direct through PayPal. 

Ouch, ok, didn't know that. i'll still chuck in a few bob when i'm flush..

• 2 weeks later...
4 minutes ago, Mucker1884 said:

Just posted in the admin thread, and it came up shaded red, and stated it was hidden.

Have I pressed the wrong buttons, or is it some technical skullduggery by the mods, which I can do nothing about?

?‍♂️

No idea what you are on about ?

There are a list of words and Twitter profiles which require approval before being allowed on the forum, you just happened to quote one such thing that required approval.

15 minutes ago, rynny said:

No idea what you are on about ?

There are a list of words and Twitter profiles which require approval before being allowed on the forum, you just happened to quote one such thing that required approval.

Well I never!

This is all rather exciting, and it never fails to impress me just how much you guys know, and how you never get chance to rest!

Awesome!

Thanks for the explanation. Have a like.  ?

EDIT:
PS:  I won't ask what the trigger was.  A pound to a penny it's classified information anyway!  ? ?  

Edited by Mucker1884

FAO Mods/ @David

Just looking to be helpful, so apologies if the following is either out of line, or in the wrong place!

I've had a PM from a fellow Rams fan on an "alternative (soon to be extinct) forum", who has messaged as per the quote box below.

Being an absolute dork, I ain't got a clue how he(?) goes about getting back on here... or indeed whether it's a life ban!

I must stress that I don't know the poster personally, and cannot therefore vouch for them on a personal level, other than from a hazy memory of reading their posts in the past. 

I'll leave out usernames etc for now, for obvious reasons, but if the mods can help/advise accordingly, I'll be happy to pass that on (or I assume said poster will be able to read it on here, even in a "not-logged-in" scenario?)

Apologies again if this sort of thing is taboo on the public pages.  Admin feel free to PM me, or delete this post if that's more appropriate.

All I ask is that you don't ban me!  ?

As the "Contact Us" page (on here) only seems to be active when logged in, I just thought I'd at least try to help a fellow Ram in distress.

The problem being...

...So here's the thing. I got banend from there a while back, I think about 2 years ago.

The reason: I was talking about how to use a vpn to watch the games on ramstv. I guess i didnt get how serious they took the offence, and wasn't as cryptic as other people when talking about it.

Anyway, I was hoping you might be able to speak to one of the admins for me? I have tried to logon since but i just get a "you're banned" type message on the screen. With this Forum dying i was really hoping i might be able to get access to that forum back somehow. I've been here with no bad behaviour for 13 years and maybe a word from you might help if i promise to be good

Cheers.  ?

55 minutes ago, Mucker1884 said:

FAO Mods/ @David

Just looking to be helpful, so apologies if the following is either out of line, or in the wrong place!

I've had a PM from a fellow Rams fan on an "alternative (soon to be extinct) forum", who has messaged as per the quote box below.

Being an absolute dork, I ain't got a clue how he(?) goes about getting back on here... or indeed whether it's a life ban!

I must stress that I don't know the poster personally, and cannot therefore vouch for them on a personal level, other than from a hazy memory of reading their posts in the past. 

I'll leave out usernames etc for now, for obvious reasons, but if the mods can help/advise accordingly, I'll be happy to pass that on (or I assume said poster will be able to read it on here, even in a "not-logged-in" scenario?)

Apologies again if this sort of thing is taboo on the public pages.  Admin feel free to PM me, or delete this post if that's more appropriate.

All I ask is that you don't ban me!  ?

As the "Contact Us" page (on here) only seems to be active when logged in, I just thought I'd at least try to help a fellow Ram in distress.

The problem being...

Cheers.  ?

PM me his old username and I’ll get it looked at. 
Which forums disappearing?

28 minutes ago, Boycie said:

PM me his old username and I’ll get it looked at. 
Which forums disappearing?

Thanks boss.
I've PM'd you.

It's probably not a government secret, but I'm uncomfortable naming the site on here. I'll let someone else blurt that out.

PM explains.  ?