Leicester City v Derby County - FA Cup Replay 4th Round

i-Ram

• Replies 967
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 hours ago, Jayram said:

Couldn't give a flying f*** about the result tonight -  a meaningless game which our reserves lost to Leicesters reserves. We can now concentrate on what really matters, getting ourselves back into the top six and staying there. 

Meaningless game...?? Some people really do believe that football was invented by Rupert Murdoch in 1992. 

4 minutes ago, RamsPolls said:

He was worse last night imo. He didn't even try to go past a player. 

He did, he managed it twice.

My confusion at Russell last night isn't at him directly, more so the tactics used. He seems to have been asked to float around with Christie becoming the wide man and Russell floating to become an extra forward.

The issue there being that, if you're crossing a ball, Russell is not the one I'd want on it. He just ended up crowding an area that Vydra was trying to work in.

He was fine last night, had no impact but tried to, missed a difficult headed chance, had two shots, tried to get involved generally. He just didn't make an impact.

9 hours ago, DerbyMark said:

The Camara chant is racist?

You should've been around in the 70's and 80's...

It's a song of endearment...and I've already used the term folk hero... I just think he's still a long way from justifying it...but I can see the potential's there.

1 minute ago, Alex W said:

He did, he managed it twice.

My confusion at Russell last night isn't at him directly, more so the tactics used. He seems to have been asked to float around with Christie becoming the wide man and Russell floating to become an extra forward.

The issue there being that, if you're crossing a ball, Russell is not the one I'd want on it. He just ended up crowding an area that Vydra was trying to work in.

He was fine last night, had no impact but tried to, missed a difficult headed chance, had two shots, tried to get involved generally. He just didn't make an impact.

Didn't see how he did last night but at Newcastle he was awful .

Maybe he will come good again who knows ! 

13 minutes ago, RamsPolls said:

He was worse last night imo. He didn't even try to go past a player. 

Can't agree with that...one of the few players with any composure when he came on and didn't just run up the wings aimlessly like some... Intelligent enough to realise that,at that time,will had none who was capable of heading the ball in from a cross anyway...or even to get high enough.

Also if you watched without bias,he was constantly getting into a decent position to take a pass in the penalty area a'la 2014,but noone actually even tried.

Half the problem last night and through the season  really, is that half the team know how to play the Mac way(Russell,bryson, ince,keogh)and the new lot still haven't got a clue.....

I'm not wishing the season away because,thanks to Mac,the team still has enough about it to get into the playoffs but I am so looking forwards to seeing a fully formed mcclaren team back together and playing as I like to see them play again....

God knows how he gets this mixed up bunch to win as many as we have to be honest.

18 minutes ago, Anon said:

Generally, I agree, but the way to deal with it is to explain why we disagree with what's been said rather than calling others racist and trying to censor them.

I couldn't disagree more with the section in bold though. I absolutely refuse to infantilise certain cultures or races by excluding them from criticism or ridicule. There's no such thing as punching down, unless we're making fun of midgets.

You may have missed my point a little, or I didn't explain well. Basically the whole point was that Bryson's song makes him seem like one of the boys, when Camara's is saying we think he's different. There was more detail in my head, but I'm at work etc. I don't know, possibly seeing too much into it but it doesn't sit quite right

I actually agree with you, people being too quick to shout racism can actually covert their own racism but this isn't maybe the place to get into all that.

25 minutes ago, TommyPowel said:

I was ive supported the rams since 1956 so been there got the t-shirt. back them we werent racially aware unfortunately

If you cant see that infuring somebody is a refugeee from calias is not being complimentary then you are deluded and you can bet he doesnt like t

Yet there he is on social media thanking the fans for the support?

Maybe Camara is deluded and ignorant too? Actually better not say that or it may be seen as racism...

was at the game last night , thought we did ok for 90 mins , ran out of steam in extra time , reading some of the posts on here it was obviously Russells , Blackmans and Christies fault , please give it a rest scapegoating the same players over and over again , and as for the rascist chant , lighten up its a CHANT ffs , nothing meant by it at all , this is why this countrys in a mess , too many people reading too much into things

Missed the first half as I had training, but based on what I read I might have not missed much...

For a game that seemed to be about testing our returnees to their limits, we did well. Leicester were better, but that's really what they should be, isn't it?

Camara looks good. Anya looked lively too and if he were up against Championship defenders you can see how he might have scored. One of the two deserves a starting place over Russell in my opinion, who seems bereft of ideas to change his poor run of form.

Butterfield's corners were really crap and robbed us of good chances.

Christie gave a mixed performance, not that bad for his first game for a while but nothing Bairdinho should be worried about. It'd be nice to upgrade in the summer if we can.

2 hours ago, SaintRam said:

Still think Shackells the common factor.

Keogh looked assured with Christie + Pearce this season.

There may be some truth in it, although wasn't the Keogh/Shack partnership one of the best defensive records in the division last season?

3 minutes ago, Ramarena said:

There may be some truth in it, although wasn't the Keogh/Shack partnership one of the best defensive records in the division last season?

There's only one common denominator in back-to-back seasons of us having a solid defensive record.

It 'aint Shackell and it 'aint Pearce.

Archived