Official: Tom Ince joins Huddersfield Town

Nuwtfly

1 hour ago, duncanjwitham said:

Well in that case, Thorne and Martin may as well leave. There's no point them being here if we aren't interested in playing to their strengths.  If we spend the entire season with Thorne watching 50 yards balls sail over his head to Martin, who can't then deal with them, we're going down.

Isn't it more about getting the ball to Thorne quickly rather than 10 passes between the 2 centre backs, Keogh racing forwards and then passing it back to Thorne. 

I don't see anything wrong with wanting to move the ball quicker. 

Not sure why this equates to not playing to Martins strengths?

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, Ted McMinn Football Genius said:

Good profit on our investment, it's a win/win situation. 

Some might not like it and the doomsayers are going to be in overdrive. 

But ? happens.  

How the hell is it a win win situation? We're selling a 15 goal a season winger with no obvious replacement in a squad still chock full of overpriced mediocrities. I guarantee we will not replace Inces goals from that position but hey, in Rowett we trust eh?

Just now, Jayram said:

How the hell is it a win win situation? We're selling a 15 goal a season winger with no obvious replacement in a squad still chick full of overpriced mediocrities. I guarantee we will not replace Inces goals from that position but hey, in Rowett we trust. Not.

We need more than those goals though. We have to have a team capable of consistently competing and winning games. Ince wants to go play in the Prem just like Hughes, what would we have if we told him no?

4 minutes ago, CHCDerby said:

How can he say he's going to buy him when that chance hasn't arose yet. They obviously know their targets and have planned in advance.

Rowett is no mug like a lot still think.

You've missed my point, where in your statement does it say that Rowett has guaranteed to replace Ince with an equally adept if not better replacement. 

12 minutes ago, Ted McMinn Football Genius said:

But ? happens.  

What a load of rubbish. What's the point in having ten million in the bank if you're s**t on the pitch. Never understood this whole double your investment malarkey. The only thing that matters is having a team on the pitch good enough to get us promoted - it now looks like we are selling our best two (arguably 3) players and leaving us with complete dross.

Really unhappy at the moment.

20 minutes ago, CHCDerby said:

But they are in the Premier League NOW. Who knows what they will be like in 3-4 years, look at Bournemouth! Tom Ince has just bettered himself, he's not thinking about Derby right now, he's thinking about his next phase of life, and that's playing Premier League football, just like every 25 year old footballer should think.

We should have only praise for Ince, he's played well for us and also made a profit for the club. The boy could have done no more.

Not denying any of that, you are dead right. But I see it as a "panic move" on his part.

17 minutes ago, Ted McMinn Football Genius said:

But ? happens.  

I guess it will only be viewed as good business if the monies generated are used to buy effective replacements for Ince.  

Mate of mine from London reckons we have inquired about Bakery Sako if Ince moves.

i don't claim to be in the know. Reckon we could afford the fee but probably not expected wages. Would be delighted if true. 

Thought I'd share

Regards

Gangway D from the terrace

1 minute ago, rammieib said:

What a load of rubbish. What's the point in having ten million in the bank if you're s**t on the pitch. Never understood this whole double your investment malarkey. The only thing that matters is having a team on the pitch good enough to get us promoted - it now looks like we are selling our best two (arguably 3) players and leaving us with complete dross.

Really unhappy at the moment.

I agree but I'd sell pretty much the lot minus Hughes Thorne a few others and all the younguns. If we recall, Pearson dumped Ince at Burton and at that point he'd lost all his value. There was no way back for Ince at that point. Freedom came and he thrived. Rowett is mirroring Pearson at this point but it's worse because Pearson sold Hendrick and loaned Martin for very good money while we gave Will away and the fee for Ince is decent but Ince did more for us in his final season than Hendrick did. But Ince has been more impact than Hendrick was.

we have to cross our fingers and hope that Rowett will make average players excel unlike any of our previous managers who mostly made them worse. But we need to keep culling.

11m at best is not enough. Who could we replace him with that is as good but cheaper?

we lack goals so we sell our top scorer. What a joke. He is irreplaceable. 

Genuinely feel like getting a refund on my season ticket. We are far weaker without ince.  

3 minutes ago, Ninos said:

I agree but I'd sell pretty much the lot minus Hughes Thorne a few others and all the younguns. If we recall, Pearson dumped Ince at Burton and at that point he'd lost all his value. There was no way back for Ince at that point. Freedom came and he thrived. Rowett is mirroring Pearson at this point but it's worse because Pearson sold Hendrick and loaned Martin for very good money while we gave Will away and the fee for Ince is decent but Ince did more for us in his final season than Hendrick did. But Ince has been more impact than Hendrick was.

we have to cross our fingers and hope that Rowett will make average players excel unlike any of our previous managers who mostly made them worse. But we need to keep culling.

Happy to cull now - only Martin left that I'd be disappointed to see go.

However I think we could offer most players away on a free and nobody would take them due to the wages they will be on here.

p.s What happened to Pearson with his strategy ;)

28 minutes ago, Nuwtfly said:

Also states that he hopes that Ince doesn't go and would remain our player. In that case then we either don't currently have anyone lined up to replace Ince, or the replacement is not considered to be as good as Ince.

If GR knew we could get a better player for the same or less, would he not be very keen to sell and improve the side?

3 minutes ago, Simsy said:

11m at best is not enough. Who could we replace him with that is as good but cheaper?

Genuinely feel like getting a refund on my season ticket. We are far weaker without ince.  

He wants to leave. What else should we do? 

2 minutes ago, Simsy said:

Struggling to get my head round this. Very disappointed. Suppose we need to trust GR and take it he has a plan place....

Archived