Official: Tom Ince joins Huddersfield Town

Nuwtfly

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, SuperDerbySuperRams said:

I'd define being big as being attractive to potential signings 

Couldn't disagree anymore.

Leeds were not attractive to potential signing when bottom of league one but they will always be a big club.

just have to disagree with this one.  I am hoping though you can excite us with your inside knowledge of potential signings as I am feeling extremely concerned of the direction we are going.

58 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

Isn't it more about getting the ball to Thorne quickly rather than 10 passes between the 2 centre backs, Keogh racing forwards and then passing it back to Thorne. 

I don't see anything wrong with wanting to move the ball quicker. 

Not sure why this equates to not playing to Martins strengths?

The slow passing around the back 4 is happening for a reason though, we're not doing it by choice. Sitting too deep, lack of technique and composure in certain players, forwards getting isolated etc all contribute. And selling Ince, Hughes (and maybe Keogh) and signing Davies and wisdom fixes none of that, and in fact makes it worse. So it's okay saying move it forward quicker, but unless we're getting a load of new players in and radically changing tactics, that's just going to result in direct balls to Martin, and losing the ball a lot.

46 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

Struggling to get my head round this. Very disappointed. Suppose we need to trust GR and take it he has a plan place....

We don't need to trust anyone. I'll suspend my assessment of him until I see how his teams perform. I'm not filled with confidence his transfer policy seems bizarre to me. 

20 minutes ago, Purpleram said:

It's a fantastic move for Hughes and Ince, The are pretty much certain to start each week, they can shine in relatively  low key surroundings, if both clubs fail they won't be held culpable and could easily earn another move. I guess they will earn a few extra bob too!

Its not a great move for hughes by any reasoning.

2 minutes ago, Highgate said:

We don't need to trust anyone. I'll suspend my assessment of him until I see how his teams perform. I'm not filled with confidence his transfer policy seems bizarre to me. 

Of course we need to trust GR, the old team with Hughes and Ince failed consistently, GR has made these choices presumably with replacements at least in mind if not lined up. He's the manager let him manage FFS

Just now, Purpleram said:

Of course we need to trust GR, the old team with Hughes and Ince failed consistently, GR has made these choices presumably with replacements at least in mind if not lined up. He's the manager let him manage FFS

Support the team by all means...but there is no need for blind faith, in anyone or anything. Based on his transfer policy alone, scepticism of Rowett's management at this point is the only rational position. Wait and see. 

19 minutes ago, duncanjwitham said:

The slow passing around the back 4 is happening for a reason though, we're not doing it by choice. Sitting too deep, lack of technique and composure in certain players, forwards getting isolated etc all contribute. And selling Ince, Hughes (and maybe Keogh) and signing Davies and wisdom fixes none of that, and in fact makes it worse. So it's okay saying move it forward quicker, but unless we're getting a load of new players in and radically changing tactics, that's just going to result in direct balls to Martin, and losing the ball a lot.

Not sure how you can say whether it will be fixed ot not without giving it a try.

It may be that Wisdom and Davies don't want the ball at their feet and want to get it to a midfielder as quick as possible.

Part of the problem was that we have defenders who like to run with the ball straight to where our midfielders are standing.

Thorne in front of back 4, Johnson pushed further forward getting around Martin, I can see how it could work.

Unfortunately it appears that most have written off next season already before a ball has even been kicked.

6 minutes ago, Highgate said:

Support the team by all means...but there is no need for blind faith, in anyone or anything. Based on his transfer policy alone, scepticism of Rowett's management at this point is the only rational position. Wait and see. 

Right, I'm not seeing this - how do any of you fans think we should have held on to Hughes and Ince when they want to go? Tell them they can go up with us next season? They've fell for that one before!

How would we keep them?

6 minutes ago, Highgate said:

Scepticism if you see the glass half empty. This side has consistently failed. Finally somebody is doing something about it. To rebuild you have to refinance. Judge based on the end product not as the renovation starts. 

5 minutes ago, Highgate said:

The worlds full of sceptics and cynics, being a football used to be about blind faith, it was more fun.

Just now, RoyMac5 said:

Right, I'm not seeing this - how do any of you fans think we should have held on to Hughes and Ince when they want to go? Tell them they can go up with us next season? They've fell for that one before!

How would we keep them?

I don't know if Rowett tried to hold onto Hughes, that's the crucial point. Could he have been persuaded to give it 12 more months, was there any effort to do that....or was Rowett more than happy to get rid as soon as an offer came in? If so that makes me doubt Rowett's ability to spot correctly identify Hughes' value to the club.  The same goes for Ince, although I can forgive his sale more than Hughes'.  Seeing as Rowett is as yet unproven in Derby, what other position can we logically take regarding him other than skepticism?  I'm not calling for his head, just waiting to see what his teams do...but I'm not brimming with confidence given what has gone on so far.

11 minutes ago, Highgate said:

I don't know if Rowett tried to hold onto Hughes, that's the crucial point. Could he have been persuaded to give it 12 more months, was there any effort to do that....or was Rowett more than happy to get rid as soon as an offer came in? If so that makes me doubt Rowett's ability to spot correctly identify Hughes' value to the club.  The same goes for Ince, although I can forgive his sale more than Hughes'.  Seeing as Rowett is as yet unproven in Derby, what other position can we logically take regarding him other than skepticism?  I'm not calling for his head, just waiting to see what his teams do...but I'm not brimming with confidence given what has gone on so far.

Mate when everything is in place and the window is slammed shut then might be the time to cast a critical eye over the transfer dealings and how the side is playing.

However to say logic demands that we are now skeptical of our manager sounds like whilst not calling for his head, your certainly sharpening the axe and positioning the chopping block.

I'm staggered.

Fans were hailing the signings of wisdom and Davies and were happy Camara got paid up.

But now Mr Rowett has made bold decisions....."Mel, MEEELLL,get the sharpening stone out will ya" 

Ridiculous

8 minutes ago, gccrowdpleaser said:

Scepticism if you see the glass half empty. This side has consistently failed. Finally somebody is doing something about it. To rebuild you have to refinance. Judge based on the end product not as the renovation starts. 

I see the glass as half empty and leaking at the moment.

It's not easy to get promoted from the championship, and yes there has been failures.  But we were the width of a post of beating QPR in the play-off final and going up playing excellent football.  Since then we have made plenty of changes and played football of a lower quality and haven't done any better...but why are Ince and Hughes taking all the blame for this?

Any if was all the players fault for 'bottling' it as I'm sick and tired of hearing.....and all players who have played for Derby in the last few seasons are 'chokers'?, why bring back Wisdom?  Is he exempt from this evaluation for some reason? 

Archived