Official: Tom Ince joins Huddersfield Town

Nuwtfly

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
49 minutes ago, Inglorius said:

can't understand the logic of selling a top performing player for a large transfer fee then replacing them with another top performing player with a similar transfer fee,  why not just keep the original player in the first place? Which says to me we will be getting a downgraded version of Ince for a far smaller fee otherwise I can't understand the logic of selling him in the first place 

Is it outside the realms of possibility that there may be a similar replacement out there that doesn't carry a similar transfer fee? I.e. a player as good as Ince, yet with a smaller fee, leaving some money from his sale left over? 

Presumably that's the logic, anyway... 

5 minutes ago, Simsy said:

11m at best is not enough. Who could we replace him with that is as good but cheaper?

we lack goals so we sell our top scorer. What a joke. He is irreplaceable. 

Genuinely feel like getting a refund on my season ticket. We are far weaker without ince.  

Ince is irreplaceable at this level imo, sadly we have little choice with him appearing to want to leave so we'll have to find someone. Getting extremely frustrated at this window so far, with the lack of links to quality forward players and our already poor attacking record last season it feels very much like we're being stripped of our best players to make our money back and return to mid table mediocrity. Hopefully some news comes out soon suggesting otherwise

14 minutes ago, GangwayD said:

Mate of mine from London reckons we have inquired about Bakery Sako if Ince moves.

i don't claim to be in the know. Reckon we could afford the fee but probably not expected wages. Would be delighted if true. 

Thought I'd share

Regards

Gangway D from the terrace

Sako is on 55k P.W

4 minutes ago, SuperDerbySuperRams said:

He wants to leave. What else should we do? 

Tell him we will be up next season and if we are not we will put a buyout clause in his contract. 

Explain to him Huddersfield are a small club who could be a league below us next season (no chance now)

3 minutes ago, GadFly said:

Is it outside the realms of possibility that there may be a similar replacement out there that doesn't carry a similar transfer fee? I.e. a player as good as Ince, yet with a smaller fee, leaving some money from his sale left over? 

Presumably that's the logic, anyway... 

Sako from palace

7 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

Struggling to get my head round this. Very disappointed. Suppose we need to trust GR and take it he has a plan place....

I'm struggling to trust rowett. Within a week or so I've gone for being delighted to having him to having a giant ? On his head.

i would sell anyone in that team but ince. Anyone. Hughes deal hurt but he is not as crucial for us as tom ince is.

genuine question where would we have finished last season without ince?

1 minute ago, Cardifframs said:

Sako from palace

Perhaps yeah. My point is that there MUST be players out there as good as Ince, and on less money, that don't cost £11m. 

The hyperbole on this forum is astounding at times. 

1 minute ago, Simsy said:

I'm struggling to trust rowett. Within a week or so I've gone for being delighted to having him to having a giant ? On his head.

i would sell anyone in that team but ince. Anyone. Hughes deal hurt but he is not as crucial for us as tom ince is.

genuine question where would we have finished last season without ince?

They want to play in the Prem, how would you keep them - answers on a postcard!

4 minutes ago, Simsy said:

Tell him we will be up next season and if we are not we will put a buyout clause in his contract. 

Explain to him Huddersfield are a small club who could be a league below us next season (no chance now)

He has the chance to play at the pinnacle level now. Small club? Burnley, Bournemouth, Watford, Swansea etc are all bigger clubs than us right now. He's had 2 and a half years here to try and help us get up and it hasn't happened. 

Yes Ince had been a quality player but he isnt Derby County, he isnt the be all and end all, if he was then he would never have joined us in the first place. Accept the sale and move on, whoever replaces him will have alot of expectation on them but whether its someone fans rate or not they could easily be a top quality signing. Not all fans were keen on Martin on a free after his loan spell with us but now look, we have made money on him with a loan fee and got him back.

Only player at Championship level who we could bring in who's as good as Ince is Jota from Brentford. But he's been linked with Premier League moves, and been touted to be worth as much as Ince! 

We'd probably be wiser to spend half of the Ince cash on some one younger and more raw (Solly March or Tom Lawrence) and then use the other half for a loan move on someone like Ibe or Sako. 

33 minutes ago, Jayram said:

How the hell is it a win win situation? We're selling a 15 goal a season winger with no obvious replacement in a squad still chock full of overpriced mediocrities. I guarantee we will not replace Inces goals from that position but hey, in Rowett we trust eh?

It's a win/win on the basis we've more than doubled our investment and the player gets to ply his trade in the Premier League. Ergo win/win ?

Just now, Simsy said:

Like who....?

I don't know, but then again I'm not a professional football manager with a team of scouts behind me like Rowett is.Unless I'm mistaken, nobody on this forum is. I don't even watch much football besides the Prem and the Championship - there could be an absolute gem available for £500k elsewhere for all I know. Didn't Mahrez cost Leicester less than that?  

At the end of the day, we have to accept that the manager likely knows better than we do on these things. 

He almost certainly has a better grip on the clubs finances than we do - perhaps FFP is looming larger than we realised, and this decision, and the Hughes one, are a necessary evil. 

Martin was at Fulham and Nugent joined late on.... so them pair in the mix for us together this season with players like Thorne and Fozzy back along with the other two new signings so far, I'm as always the forever optimistic Rams fan even if / when Ince goes.

2 minutes ago, SuperDerbySuperRams said:

He has the chance to play at the pinnacle level now. Small club? Burnley, Bournemouth, Watford, Swansea etc are all bigger clubs than us right now. He's had 2 and a half years here to try and help us get up and it hasn't happened. 

It's not happened because of ince though. It's happened because others have not been good enough. Ince is one of a rare few who can say it's not because of him we haven't gone up.

and we are bigger than all those clubs in my opinion just because they are at a higher level doesn't make them bigger.

Archived