Official: Tom Ince joins Huddersfield Town

Nuwtfly

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, duncanjwitham said:

The problem for me is that if Keogh goes, and Wisdom and Davies are coming in, the back 4 are getting worse and worse on the ball.  So Thorne is going to be getting less possession out from the back, and going to be less and less effective.  And if we're not getting midfielders on the ball and playing into Martin's feet, he's going to be less effective as well.  

Agreed. For all the qualities of Hughes and Ince (and I would have kept both of them), it could be argued that Keogh is even more influential in how Rowett wants to set the team up, particularly with the return of Thorne and Martin.

28 minutes ago, Parsnip said:

Looks like Keogh for Davies

Doesn't Davies play the other side of defence? So, if we sell Keogh, I'd imagine we would have to sign a right sided centre back, as Davies is a leftie that spent most of his career at LCB.

4 minutes ago, Andicis said:

Doesn't Davies play the other side of defence? So, if we sell Keogh, I'd imagine we would have to sign a right sided centre back, as Davies is a leftie that spent most of his career at LCB.

Wisdom is a centre half...

I wouldn't be at all surprised to see another centre half come in. Gary has a big wad of cash in his chinos and there's plenty of time. It's shaping up. Panic not.

Just now, ramsbottom said:

Wisdom is a centre half...

Yes, but from what was said from the signing, it seems like the signing was made with the intent to play right back, coupled with the chance that Christie may leave.

Just now, Parsnip said:

I wouldn't be at all surprised to see another centre half come in. Gary has a big wad of cash in his chinos and there's plenty of time. It's shaping up. Panic not.

I just hope if we sign another centre half that they can play a pass. We need a Keogh esque signing, not a Hanley esque one, in my opinion.

Just now, Andicis said:

I just hope if we sign another centre half that they can play a pass. We need a Keogh esque signing, not a Hanley esque one, in my opinion.

Do we need another centre half? Currently have Davies, Keogh, Pearce, Shackell, Rawson as well as Baird and Wisdom who can fill in there???

Keogh and Ince would both need replacing IMO, as they are both key parts of our starting XI. Add that to the three players Rowett has already stated he is keen on bringing in and we could be looking at between 3-5 new signings. 

Just now, ramsbottom said:

Just thinking if needs must

Agree, if it becomes a necessity, it's a nice option to have, I'm sure Baird and Fozzy can also cover CB if needed, however I feel like we should have somebody who has commonly in England played RCB rather than a makeshift. 

Just now, Jimbo Ram said:

Do we need another centre half? Currently have Davies, Keogh, Pearce, Shackell, Rawson as well as Baird and Wisdom who can fill in there???

They don't all play the same side. Keogh is the only RCB (not sure about Rawson) that we have. Pearce, Shackell and Davies all play LCB, and as proven in the past, just because you can play well on one side, doesn't mean you can on the other, they get used to where they need to be in their own position. There is still no proof Rawson will ever make it at Derby.

They don't all play the same side. Keogh is the only RCB (not sure about Rawson) that we have. Pearce, Shackell and Davies all play LCB, and as proven in the past, just because you can play well on one side, doesn't mean you can on the other, they get used to where they need to be in their own position. There is still no proof Rawson will ever make it at Derby.

Arent you forgetting wisdom also can play central defence And with Ince gone he could be replaced with an up and down type of winger who could help cover some of Christies weaknesses  who would in turn be able to use his attacking skills

Just now, TommyPowel said:

Arent you forgetting wisdom also can play central defence And with Ince gone he could be replaced with an up and down type of winger who could help cover some of Christies weaknesses  who would in turn be able to use his attacking skills

No, but Wisdom was brought in to play RB, as I stated earlier up, if you read the interview after signing, it makes it clear that first and foremost he's a right back. Why use a make shift right back, as opposed to purchasing one who has played the position his whole career? Wisdom hasn't had a notable spell at CB in England.

1 minute ago, TommyPowel said:

he could be replaced with an up and down type of winger who could help cover some of Christies weaknesses  who would in turn be able to use his attacking skills

Do you mean Johnny Russell?

Archived