Official: Tom Ince joins Huddersfield Town

Nuwtfly

HUDDERSFIELD CLOSE IN ON INCE 

Huddersfield and Derby are still negotiating the structure of a deal for Tom Ince, according to Sky sources, but there is a broad agreement on a fee which could rise to £11m. 

He has not yet completed a medical, but this could happen early next week.

(Sky)

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, DcFc Dyycheee said:

HUDDERSFIELD CLOSE IN ON INCE 

Huddersfield and Derby are still negotiating the structure of a deal for Tom Ince, according to Sky sources, but there is a broad agreement on a fee which could rise to £11m. 

He has not yet completed a medical, but this could happen early next week.

(Sky)

I think we're bang on the money with that fee. Similar to what I've heard 

14 minutes ago, feisty said:

I'm not totally sure but I think that is highly unlikely. I think revenue can only be booked when it is received. I think we're all wanting to clutch at straws to get some comfort on how close to FFP we are. That's not a criticism of you at all. I'd like to know as well.

I think unless Mel or someone official talks about it in an interview we won't really know

"Revenue is booked" in full at the date of purchase/sale, not date of payment.

4 minutes ago, SuperDerbySuperRams said:

I think we're bang on the money with that fee. Similar to what I've heard 

Never like the phrase "could rise", depends what the add-ons are - in my opinion we should only be selling for a guaranteed minimum price of £10m.

3 minutes ago, Saul Pimpson said:

Never like the phrase "could rise", depends what the add-ons are - in my opinion we should only be selling for a guaranteed minimum price of £10m.

I can only imagine this will be structured in a similar way to the Hendrick deal. We received a decent fee for Burnley staying up, and have already guaranteed most of the £10.5m fee 

At the moment, I'm sure we'll be trying to get a much guaranteed as possible. I'm sure we'll get near 10

1 hour ago, Mostyn6 said:

You make it sound as though Keogh is Franco Baresi! He ain't. For whatever passing ability you insist Keogh has, I'd say he's been more likely to run the ball into trouble or pass a teammate into trouble then ping out a worldie pass! 

Now Buxton could pass! 

It's not about playing 'worldie passes', it's about moving the ball quickly out from the back into the midfielders feet. And Keogh does that as well as anyone in this league.  He's consistently at the top end of the pass completion stats (across the whole league), and consistently at the bottom end of the 'giving the ball away'-type stats.  Believe what you like, but we won't get a better passer of the ball the Keogh for the kind of money we'll be spending.

1 hour ago, G STAR RAM said:

I think Rowett is pretty clear that he no longer wants our centre backs with the ball at their feet for 30 minutes every game.

He's not interested in possesion for possessions sake stats.

Well in that case, Thorne and Martin may as well leave. There's no point them being here if we aren't interested in playing to their strengths.  If we spend the entire season with Thorne watching 50 yards balls sail over his head to Martin, who can't then deal with them, we're going down.

1 hour ago, Mostyn6 said:

For whatever passing ability you insist Keogh has, I'd say he's been more likely to run the ball into trouble or pass a teammate into trouble then ping out a worldie pass! 

5 minutes ago, duncanjwitham said:

it's about moving the ball quickly out from the back into the midfielders feet. 

We've had a massive problem the last season or two with connecting the ball between defence and attack - Without Thorne or Hughes doing it we've had a real struggle as for some reason the other can't do it consistently - That transition from "we have the ball" to "we're having an attack" is crucial and the missing element of doing that seems to have been lacking in our midfield for a while

Keogh has been having to do that job himself

22 minutes ago, duncanjwitham said:

Well in that case, Thorne and Martin may as well leave. There's no point them being here if we aren't interested in playing to their strengths.  If we spend the entire season with Thorne watching 50 yards balls sail over his head to Martin, who can't then deal with them, we're going down.

Think what the g star was saying buddy is its no good with Centre backs with the ball at their feet.

I appreciate they need some ability on the ball but I'd like to think that if they win possession back they just lay it off to the midfield.

With that in mind I want Thorne on the ball pinging it to Martin's feet who can lay it off to however is breaking onto a through ball. 

I'm with you in that the ball getting smacked from penalty area to penalty and getting people to pick up the scraps when it drops is about as enthralling an idea as bread and water for every meal.

Just don't want the centre halves doing it and loosing the ball in bad areas.

What we don't want to see is what has been happening, defender to midfielder one twos constantly. 

Quick swift moving football with players doing give and goes has always been great to watch. 

Throw in George Thorne dominating the middle of the pitch and we could be in for good exciting football.

If not get Dave Bassett as manager and clog the f.....r long! 

9 minutes ago, ollycutts1982 said:

I don't quite know what to think to this. I do hope they announce a very very good replacement very soon to try and get some positivity out there. If we replace Ince with a 30+ premiership cast off I won't be very happy. Interesting few days ahead. 

I can't understand the logic of selling a top performing player for a large transfer fee then replacing them with another top performing player with a similar transfer fee,  why not just keep the original player in the first place? Which says to me we will be getting a downgraded version of Ince for a far smaller fee otherwise I can't understand the logic of selling him in the first place 

Archived