Official: Tom Ince joins Huddersfield Town

Nuwtfly

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, GadFly said:

Perhaps yeah. My point is that there MUST be players out there as good as Ince, and on less money, that don't cost £11m. 

The hyperbole on this forum is astounding at times. 

Name a few please I'm scoobied 

3 minutes ago, Simsy said:

just because they are at a higher level doesn't make them bigger.

Totally agree with this. Different discussion really but he's right. There's more measures of success than whether you're in the prem or not. 

2 minutes ago, GadFly said:

I don't know, but then again I'm not a professional football manager with a team of scouts behind me like Rowett is.Unless I'm mistaken, nobody on this forum is. I don't even watch much football besides the Prem and the Championship - there could be an absolute gem available for £500k elsewhere for all I know. Didn't Mahrez cost Leicester less than that?  

At the end of the day, we have to accept that the manager likely knows better than we do on these things. 

He almost certainly has a better grip on the clubs finances than we do - perhaps FFP is looming larger than we realised, and this decision, and the Hughes one, are a necessary evil. 

If it was that easy to find a mahrez we would have found one with all those 'professionals' .

Arsenal wouldn't be paying 50m on a striker if they could find a gem and they have all the best scouts.

FFP may be an issue but if it was that serious we would of accepted the 7.2m offer and we wouldn't have signed wisdom and Davies for a potential 5m.

17 minutes ago, SuperDerbySuperRams said:

Ince wants to leave. What's your suggestion, keep an unhappy player? 

Has he said that?

just because a player's ambition is to play in the Prem, doesn't mean that they are unhappy.

don't all the players want to play in the Prem?

5 minutes ago, Simsy said:

It's not happened because of ince though. It's happened because others have not been good enough. Ince is one of a rare few who can say it's not because of him we haven't gone up.

and we are bigger than all those clubs in my opinion just because they are at a higher level doesn't make them bigger.

First part, I agree with, but he has done what he could do, and now he, like Hughes, feel they deserve a crack at the highest level.

Define bigger? Some metal in a trophy room? Foot count on the terraces? They have TV money, and they can attract the better players in world football because of this, as well as playing against the best. 

1 minute ago, Inglorius said:

Name a few please I'm scoobied 

Might not be someone you or any other derby fan have heard of but its our scouts job to find someone....so many years back who had heard of Mahrez? Comes and plays over here and eventually wins pfa player of the season. Ince is a very good player but thats it, not world class, there are plenty of other very good players out there we just have to hope to find them but knowing our fans because he isnt a 'big name' they will instantly write him off

Just now, SuperDerbySuperRams said:

Define bigger? Some metal in a trophy room? Foot count on the terraces? They have TV money, and they can attract the better players in world football because of this, as well as playing against the best. 

Man Utd would be a bigger club then us if they were playing in the National League 

1 minute ago, DCFC1388 said:

Might not be someone you or any other derby fan have heard of but its our scouts job to find someone....so many years back who had heard of Mahrez? Comes and plays over here and eventually wins pfa player of the season. Ince is a very good player but thats it, not world class, there are plenty of other very good players out there we just have to hope to find them but knowing our fans because he isnt a 'big name' they will instantly write him off

There's scouts from Premiership clubs watching kids play football on Copacabana beach in the hope that they unearth a gem, what says we can even compete against that 

It's a fantastic move for Hughes and Ince, The are pretty much certain to start each week, they can shine in relatively  low key surroundings, if both clubs fail they won't be held culpable and could easily earn another move. I guess they will earn a few extra bob too!

Just now, SuperDerbySuperRams said:

First part, I agree with, but he has done what he could do, and now he, like Hughes, feel they deserve a crack at the highest level.

For me bigger is size of fan base, Standard of facilities; stadium, training ground and history comes into it a bit as well.

current position and tv rights don't make you big IMO.  How would you define bigger?

as for the first bit they absolutely deserve to be at the top level but so do many championship players. That's why you have to be smart in trying to keep them. 

1 minute ago, Simsy said:

For me bigger is size of fan base, Standard of facilities; stadium, training ground and history comes into it a bit as well.

current position and tv rights don't make you big IMO.  How would you define bigger?

as for the first bit they absolutely deserve to be at the top level but so do many championship players. That's why you have to be smart in trying to keep them. 

I'd define being big as being attractive to potential signings 

Archived