What Are You Listening To?

AndyB

• 2 weeks later...

Glastonbury.

Idles excellent as ever.

Paul McCartney, not so much. 

He's a headliner with 60 years of great tunes in his pocket, yet plays a set only his mother could love. 

Redeemed only by pulling Dave Grohl and The Boss out to rescue him, although quite bizarre to headline a gig, and invite someone else on and dish up one of their songs as part of your headline set!

55 minutes ago, Animal is a Ram said:

Currently watching Elbow's set.

Honestly think they're my ideal festival act. Saw them at V Festival, just everyone feeling the love.

Guy Garvey is top of my 'would have a pint (or 5) in a pub with' list.

Goosebumps. 

I will fight anyone who doesn't think One Day Like This by Elbow isn't one of the best songs in the world.

Robert Plant and Alison Krauss were truly excellent - and could actually sing in tune unlike quite a few other acts…

Macca was just sad - though to be fair, he’s not been able to sing for the past 25 years. Ditto Diana Ross who sounded like a karaoke singer and seemed more interested in plugging her new album than entertaining the crowd.
Only watched a little bit of Billie Eilish but couldn’t really see what all the fuss was about - she has an ok voice but didn’t really have much stage presence at all…..

I’ll have to trawl through iplayer for the ones I missed - looking forward to seeing Sam Fender and Idles….