What Are You Listening To?

AndyB

8 hours ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

How she must have laughed when The Fugees used this for Ready or Not without any permission.

GrimyBewitchedDiplodocus-max-1mb.gif

Settled out of court, they got off too easy.  Ignorance of law...

Enya's Boadicea is a beautiful piece, surely envied by those who cannot create anything of that magnitude.

whilst watching coverage of Glastonbury, saw a bloke called Declan McKenna playing. So thought I'd give it a listen on Spotify. Selected the latest album, but the Spotify algorithm that links music of similar genre has thrown up hours of quality tunes that I've never heard and bands/artists I'm totally unaware of. Coin, Born and others. Really enjoying this.

3 hours ago, Mostyn6 said:

whilst watching coverage of Glastonbury, saw a bloke called Declan McKenna playing. So thought I'd give it a listen on Spotify. Selected the latest album, but the Spotify algorithm that links music of similar genre has thrown up hours of quality tunes that I've never heard and bands/artists I'm totally unaware of. Coin, Born and others. Really enjoying this.

Yeah Declan McKenna is brilliant, got a lot of very good songs. Obviously Brazil is a great song, Zeros is a great album too.

He probably won't remember me, but i knew Rúnar way back when we both spent most days at the Reykjavík downtown bus station, i a young good for nothing, Rúnar a downtown bum of some local fame.  Wherever he went he carried his multi party worn guitar, a bottle of something in the other hand and a baggy of something in his jean pocket.

Found him once banging his head against the concrete wall of the station, but he scolded me for shoving my leather jacket between his head and the wall, complaining that it would take too long to kill himself like that.

Just over a decade later Rúnar released an instrumental album of the highest quality, as he had recently stopped abusing his body.  He's an old timer now with a long list of albums.  He has an excellent radio program that i listen to, where he invites musicians to talk shop.

Good on you Rúnar

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...