What Are You Listening To?

AndyB

Much to my delight, our cat Baldur is a music lover and has his own sense of taste.  Not much into the hard rock, yet.

I can tell when he's enjoying a tune, he'll jump into my lap, pretend to nap, or begin grooming.

Of course he enjoyed this.

I have absolutely no idea wtf I've been listening to for the past 2 hours, other than to assume it comes under the "Techno" umbrella, and I can't be arsed to go around the corner and down 7 doors to ask!

... But then, I caught a blast of that "pump it up" ditty, so had great joy in skipping around the back garden doing Eboooooooooooou's balcony version!

I can be quite hip when it matters!

BOOM! 

17 hours ago, Comrade 86 said:

Thanks @ramit I love Costello. This is very much a desert island disc for yours truly.

I heard this on the radio when it came out and loved it straight away, it was the first song I heard with Costello, that's one heck of an introduction.  Thanks for this @Comrade 86

Terry Reid, rocks somewhat forgotten man thanks to his management.  Had to turn down some jobs and recommended  Robert Plant to Jimmy Page for one of them.  Plus a rather uptempo version of Gimme some Lovin i've always liked played live at the first Glastonbury.

9 hours ago, Cisse said:

Wow. I never knew he could write and play like this. I always considered him just as a gifted actor. Great lyrics.

That's the thing about artists, they can often do more than one thing and if they're old school, they're required to

Hey thanks for that @Cisse I enjoyed

On 17/05/2024 at 15:08, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

Terry Reid, rocks somewhat forgotten man thanks to his management.  Had to turn down some jobs and recommended  Robert Plant to Jimmy Page for one of them.  Plus a rather uptempo version of Gimme some Lovin i've always liked played live at the first Glastonbury.

How have I never heard of Groundhogs before?  Excellent track, will do some digging now

Terry Reid needs investigating as well, I was shamefully oblivious of his existence

The early 70's really was the golden era of music IMO, so much quality

Thanks for these ear openers

17 minutes ago, ramit said:

How have I never heard of Groundhogs before?  Excellent track, will do some digging now

Terry Reid needs investigating as well, I was shamefully oblivious of his existence

The early 70's really was the golden era of music IMO, so much quality

Thanks for these ear openers

Your welcome. Happy digging. 😊

Now that the early 70's are being mentioned, allow me to introduce Icelandic prog rock from that time.

It's Saturday night and if you're still at home you've got nothing better to do, you might even enjoy a tune or two.

We'll start at 1970 with a band of considerable local stature, Trúbrot

Jump to 1972 for a hypnotic track by SvanfrÍður.  This vinyl album What's Hidden There goes for big money in collector circles.

In 73' Icecross produced this unholy track.  Between the sinful, this album goes for tons of cash as well.  I know the singer-guitarist, am sure he wishes he had kept a few dozen copies for a rainy day.

1974 now, my favorite of the bunch, Pelican

4 hours ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

I like a couple of his songs, but thought this one was crap when I listened to it a few weeks ago. Is the rest of the album in a similar vein?

It’s got all sorts of styles on, really good  album. 

@Reggie Greenwood this is Franks 10th studio album, the last six all hitting the top 3 in the UK album charts and the previous one topping the chart. Where have you been man? Played at the opening of the London Olympics too!