What Are You Listening To?

AndyB

4 hours ago, richinspain said:

Lost my dad in July and discovered this song not long before. Love him or hate him you must be moved by this incredible performance as he sings about his father who was fighting (successfully) cancer at the time.

Shaking like a leaf while he was singing that. Powerful stuff from a much maligned songwriter. Nice to hear his dad beat the cancer too.

• 2 weeks later...

Been searching for new speakers, the object being a big oomph in a small package, read studio monitors.  Found a Genelec that i do like, a bit pricey but doable, but then i made the mistake of continuing my search and discovered a pair so awesome that i am hopelessly in love and the Genelec now sounds meh in comparison.  i am not a music engineer, or a musician, but i adore excellent sound.  Can´t afford them, but that doesn't stop me dreaming. 

Will have to go to the music shop again, just to get another fix of orgasmic purity.  i will ask them to play this for me on Monday just before closing time, so we can crank em up just a tad.

What am i doing to myself?

https://www.focal.com/en/pro-audio/monitoring-speakers/sm6/monitoring-speakers/trio6-be

I picked up some lovely vinyl at Ignite Records in Brum for record store day.

Happy Mondays - Balearic Beats

Future Sound of London - Life in Moments

Carter USM - 30 Something picture disc

Thin Lizzy - Live and Dangerous

The Cure - The Show picture disc

My daughter got the Taylor Swift one as well, so a very successful trip.