Kenzo Goudmijn

jono

20 minutes ago, jimtastic56 said:

Let’s not get too carried away . Certainly a better buy than our last European superstar Krystian Beilik . ( Clumsy Oaf got sent off again last night ). He was supposed to be the beast that guarantees promotion . Kenzo does some nice flicks but does not get enough touches at the moment. I would be happy if he turned out to be as good as Johnny Russell. 

Technically, you can see he's lightyears ahead of someone like Russell. But you're right, let's hope as we improve that we will get more of the ball and there will be more chances for him to showcase what he is. As for Bielik, I guess it speaks to, in part, being able to throw more darts when the price is lower. You can get 10 Kenzos for what we spent on Bielik, and with a bit of decent scouting, you'd like the think half of them would have been better than Bielik turned out to be!

11 hours ago, QuitYourJibbaJivin said:

He’s certainly getting to grips with the physicality of the game as well, he’s smashed a few people in recent weeks. Really enjoying watching him and this is just the start as well.

Technical, quick moving and thinking with great physical balance.  We have a pearl of a player here, indicating that our scouting abroad has improved significantly.

3 hours ago, QuitYourJibbaJivin said:

He’s certainly getting to grips with the physicality of the game as well, he’s smashed a few people in recent weeks. Really enjoying watching him and this is just the start as well.

I've been looking forward to watching a highlights reel like this. He looks like he's 2 steps ahead of just about everyone (including our players!)

He plays a lovely ball inside their left fullback (and through 3 players) that if our speed merchants out wide start gambling on I can see being very fruitful. Our winger seemed like he didn't expect the pass.

It'll take time for everyone to properly switch on to his wavelength by but when they do I think we'll get to enjoy some lovely attacking play.

He also looks pretty decent at winning the ball higher up the pitch which will be invaluable.

Passing short or long, dribbling, vision, positioning, bight in a challenge and seemingly a decent lad.

I think we should be very excited to have him at our club!

1 hour ago, jimtastic56 said:

Let’s not get too carried away . Certainly a better buy than our last European superstar Krystian Beilik . ( Clumsy Oaf got sent off again last night ). He was supposed to be the beast that guarantees promotion . Kenzo does some nice flicks but does not get enough touches at the moment. I would be happy if he turned out to be as good as Johnny Russell. 

I mean that's part of the product with how we play at times. First half he was actively seeking the ball dropping into space, getting on the ball and frankly looked the best player on the pitch. But we tried to play through the middle. The disruption to the midfield and how we shifted to bypassing the midfield is what saw him reduced to being more peripheral.

It's early days but in that McClaren side instead (obviously not out wide) he'd have looked sublime. I'd have loved to see him play with a prime Thorne and Hughes.  

2 minutes ago, samtheram83 said:

I've been looking forward to watching a highlights reel like this. He looks like he's 2 steps ahead of just about everyone (including our players!)

He plays a lovely ball inside their left fullback (and through 3 players) that if our speed merchants out wide start gambling on I can see being very fruitful. Our winger seemed like he didn't expect the pass.

It'll take time for everyone to properly switch on to his wavelength by but when they do I think we'll get to enjoy some lovely attacking play.

He also looks pretty decent at winning the ball higher up the pitch which will be invaluable.

Passing short or long, dribbling, vision, positioning, bight in a challenge and seemingly a decent lad.

I think we should be very excited to have him at our club!

I think there's really signs of the front three already building that connection with him. It's not always coming off but watch how they begin to move when he's on the ball, particularly Jackson. 

6 hours ago, QuitYourJibbaJivin said:

His double drag back flick was missed in those highlights. First half, in-front of the East Stand.

10 hours ago, ramsbottom said:

If you compare Saturday’s game to his debut against Blackburn , you can already see how he’s learning.  In Dutch football it’s easy stay involved in the game as the ball is constantly shifted around the team, so you’re getting plenty of touches, whereas here, and in particular against Blackburn, you can be out the game for a few minutes at a time, and become isolated.  Now he’s proactively seeking out the ball.  He seems to have figured out the pace of our game pretty quickly too.  

Will be interesting to see what happens when teams sit someone on him all game

7 hours ago, On the Ram Page said:

I agree with you. He will become a marked man the more other clubs see him and see he is the catalyst for our attacking play. Max Bird never really played well when he was man marked. I am not sure that Kenzo has quite come to terms with the physicality side yet but hopefully will, as he seems a very intelligent guy and determined to succeed at this level and higher. He has learnt very quickly, so far.

No doubt we have a gem on our hands and hopefully he will continue to blossom as we all wish he will. He does also have a couple of minders to look after him, in his pals Adam’s & Otho (when fit again). Lovely footballer.

The most encouraging thing from what I've seen so far is how keen he clearly is to learn and adapt. It suggests he's going to keep pushing to improve himself, which can only be good for him and us.

I suspect his dad being an ex-pro has helped him think about his game more than most.

6 hours ago, Srg said:

Technically, you can see he's lightyears ahead of someone like Russell. But you're right, let's hope as we improve that we will get more of the ball and there will be more chances for him to showcase what he is. As for Bielik, I guess it speaks to, in part, being able to throw more darts when the price is lower. You can get 10 Kenzos for what we spent on Bielik, and with a bit of decent scouting, you'd like the think half of them would have been better than Bielik turned out to be!

If Kenzo ever scores a 25 yarder in a 5-0 win against Florists like J.R -He will write his name into folklore.

1 hour ago, jimtastic56 said:

If Kenzo ever scores a 25 yarder in a 5-0 win against Florists like J.R -He will write his name into folklore.

While we wait for the three Norns to cut florists thread, or until we transport ourselves upwards, I suggest  there will always be an opportunity against the dirties. 😎

He's been excellent so far. Technically very strong, physical and mobile and has an eye for a goal. He has elements of a number of our better players from the last 10-15 years ago let's hope he can kick on from a really good start.

I'd back him to overcome teams doubling up on him, or at the very least he'll let them know there in a game, don't think he shies away from a tackle. 

Great signing so far. Really excited to see how this attacking unit progresses from here.

14 hours ago, FKANorwichExile said:

He's the best passer of a football I've seen at this club in decades. He could play a quarterback role and just ping balls around, but his touch and movement makes him a real all-round threat. He reminds me a bit of Asanovic.

Woah woah, steady on 

I’ll give you that he’s imaginative and can pass with both feet… not quite Thorne, Mascarell or Huddlestone.