Ebou'ts It Wide

SK47

17 minutes ago, Day said:

It’s a miss that you would have been gifted in a compilation on VHS by your auntie for Xmas.

Luckily for Ebou they don’t make VHS anymore….ahem.

Gutted for the lad though, I’m sure he would have loved to celebrate that one in front of the South Stand 🫡

Nick Hancock Football Nightmares was and is an absolute classic. I could probably recite it word for word I watched it that much as a kid. 

Ebou definitely would of made the cut! 🤣

I've seen exhausted players do worse things, and often far more impactful things too.

As bad as it was, and if that was the 20th minute he'd be crucified for it, we all knew his legs were jelly before that run, he'd shown signs, so at least he has an excuse. 

For some reason as he entered the box I lost all confidence that he was going to score, cant place why though.

Edited by SaintRam

8 minutes ago, Will Hughes Hair said:

To use the preferred parlance of the gaffer, the lad was gassed at 75 minutes but he refuses to stop.

Created it from sheer grit, I honestly think he was exhausted by the time he shot.

Love the boy.

This is spot on. 

He'd sprinted from penalty spot to penalty spot, winning a 50/50 header on the way, through sheer bloody mindedness in the 97th minute when he was clearly knackered well before. 

I look at it as a great piece of pressure release play, rather than the worse miss I've ever seen.

34 minutes ago, SK47 said:

Nick Hancock Football Nightmares was and is an absolute classic. I could probably recite it word for word I watched it that much as a kid. 

Ebou definitely would of made the cut! 🤣

Sure that video had an ending sequence talking about 'beautiful football' and it had a clip involving Fiorentina Baiano providing and Batistuta scoring after some liquid football!?

In fairness, Ebou is not in the team to score breakaway goals. It’s not a familiar situation where you can rely on muscle memory or instincts.

Had it been Mendez Laing, Harness or Jackson, they would have been more comfortable in that scenario and it’s 2-0 and game over.

It’s not always easy to get right. You have an open goal and the Cardiff defence chasing back trying to create pressure or a distraction and there’s always a chance you can lose your footing trying to race clear.

For me, it’s a good one to miss. It shows we are doing something right as we have the ability to force mistakes and be a threat on the break at any time.

28 minutes ago, Rev said:

This is spot on. 

He'd sprinted from penalty spot to penalty spot, winning a 50/50 header on the way, through sheer bloody mindedness in the 97th minute when he was clearly knackered well before. 

I look at it as a great piece of pressure release play, rather than the worse miss I've ever seen.

He's gone "jelly legs"...the brain works but the legs have no feeling/control 😬