Your next manager would be?

RYRAM

17 minutes ago, Comrade 86 said:

Think that was part of it @Jimbo Ram Rowett himself has cited lots various other reasons too, but there was no major fallout was the point I was trying to make.

He said in about 3 interviews as well I think the route Mel wanted to go down ie the academy rowett felt he wasn’t up to it and also little money to spend. We then got frank lampard in and Mel spent a tonne again which I think rowett said if he had known that now he would have stayed. Stoke came knocking with parachute money and I think Robert thought he had a better chance getting them up 

2 hours ago, DCFC Kicks said:

Where has it been confirmed we have no money? Why would Clowes say we have a competitive budget? I can't think of any reason why he would say it if it wasn't true. We also got a fair few million from sell on fees recently. 

Ok we have some money but Warne has repeatedly stated we don’t have the money that other clubs have and has appeared genuinely envious that other clubs can bring £4m players off the bench.

43 minutes ago, Justa said:

Ok we have some money but Warne has repeatedly stated we don’t have the money that other clubs have and has appeared genuinely envious that other clubs can bring £4m players off the bench.

A £4m player off the bench is an extreme instance that not many Champ teams do. But when Clowes says its "a good championship budget", doesn't that suggest its probably about an average budget? 

3 hours ago, RoyMac5 said:

Which is what his brief was when employed by Clowes, getting us up. But when there's not that what is there? You chose what makes you happy and if watching the negative game played by Warne's Derby makes you happy that is your choice. Why on earth would we swap places with Bolton, there are other ways to achieve plaudits. At the minute there's no doubt Warne is going for the sympathy vote. 

Strewth, we are 3 games in, two of them away to established sides and the window hasn’t closed. Warne can’t arrive at a style for his Championship team because it’s not complete and in any case we’ve barely got started. You can’t say “what’s left” when you haven’t even looked in the box.  Thank the Lord you aren’t a manager .. can you imagine .. the first poor bit of work and it’s “sack him” .. You may not like the current style of football but your personal style gets worse by the minute. 

52 minutes ago, DCFC Kicks said:

A £4m player off the bench is an extreme instance that not many Champ teams do. But when Clowes says its "a good championship budget", doesn't that suggest its probably about an average budget? 

It probably does .. and as 80% of the championship is skint .. it isn’t very much

30 minutes ago, jono said:

It probably does .. and as 80% of the championship is skint .. it isn’t very much

If we're believing Clowes believes that we've a competitive budget then shall we ask who told him it is?! 😄

15 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

If we're believing Clowes believes that we've a competitive budget then shall we ask who told him it is?! 😄

Heh heh. But seriously .. there’s “competitive” and “competitive” .. it will most likely be average when that average is drawn from 80% of championship clubs. But that rather ignores that 6 or more clubs operate in a different financial world so the actual perceived funds available don’t buy what you want because the market  is skewed.

my guess is that we are in the middle of the also rans for available purchase funds. Lower middle for wages but pretty good as a club you’d want to play for

2 minutes ago, jono said:

Heh heh. But seriously .. there’s “competitive” and “competitive” .. it will most likely be average when that average is drawn from 80% of championship clubs. But that rather ignores that 6 or more clubs operate in a different financial world so the actual perceived funds available don’t buy what you want because the market  is skewed.

my guess is that we are in the middle of the also rans for available purchase funds. Lower middle for wages but pretty good as a club you’d want to play for

Look, the top of the Club has limited footballing experience and knowledge at this level, there's only Pearce. He's the one who did deals for Mel, who spent Mel's money. But he's Clowes man now.

Added to that we have ourselves a manager who emphasises we're not 'Championship ready' ie we're going to struggle, and so we're looking an attractive club to sign for?

Then we've got 'data guys' who are going to unearth some gems, just not now.

It's a real sh*tstorm. 😄

Reading various posts, to get us playing the type of football that will not only see us still in the Championship come the end of the season, that will also be joyous and entertaining to watch. Is to replace Warne with a proven championship manager.

And this proven manager is? I'll guess most managers with a good track record in the Championship, are already employed by another club.

If and when we identify the manager we want, will we be able to convince them to join us? I'm assuming whoever would be interested in becoming our new manager, will require a guarantee on the size of the available transfer budget, before putting pen to paper. If they are already employed how much money will it take to prise him away from his current club? Have we got the financial clout to pay out a compensation fee and provide a decent transfer budget?

Will they come with a guarantee to get our squad playing the style of football that is being called for by some fans? Of cause they won't even the best managers in the Prem couldn't promise that.  It will probably be a case of getting through to the end of the season avoiding relegation. Allowing him the chance to improve his playing staff, thats assuming we've got the budget to carry this out. 

So even with a proven Championship manager there's no guarantee what we'll get for the remainder of the season, will it be no different to what we get if Warne remains as our manager.

When are people going to come to the realisation that even with the large crowds we have, we are financially no longer one of the division's big hitters.

The budget available to any new manager, irrelevant of how experienced they are in this division, will be no different to what Warne as had to work with. They may have a few better contacts that may help them bring in a couple of better players, but ultimately they'll face the same problems when trying to bring in better players. The inability to pay the transfer fees and wage being offered by other clubs.

And until we either get a new investor or the club can generate more money through it's commercial dealing and selling on players. We are going to be second to other clubs when it comes to attracting and buying the better players needed to improve the squad.

Until it's obvious that Warne is failing at this level, then I don't understand the clamour to replace him. If he goes 4 or 5 games where we get taken cleaners, then maybe that will be the time to talk about a new manager.

38 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Look, the top of the Club has limited footballing experience and knowledge at this level, there's only Pearce. He's the one who did deals for Mel, who spent Mel's money. But he's Clowes man now.

Added to that we have ourselves a manager who emphasises we're not 'Championship ready' ie we're going to struggle, and so we're looking an attractive club to sign for?

Then we've got 'data guys' who are going to unearth some gems, just not now.

It's a real sh*tstorm. 😄

No. It’s an understandably tricky situation which as a club, fans, manager, players, staff all need to pull together on the same rope to overcome it. You give respect for people’s individual effort, knowledge and integrity 

You don’t solve it by sacking people Willy nilly 

6 hours ago, RoyMac5 said:

@jono you laughed at this. But I kind of agree. Mr Clowes has only been in charge a short time at league one level. Now in the championship so how does he know exactly what is a competitive budget? 

He may have asked fellow owners but he would then have to judge if that owner was having any success on their budget. 

I am not sure he fully knows to be honest. 

In all seriousness, while we have the budget we have, it’s pointless thinking about other managers.

With the squad we have, survival is the only thing to aim for, and Warne will achieve that.

Also, if this is our budget going forward. Clowes claim if us having a real good go at promotion next season and not just making up the numbers this, we need a significant shift in recruitment, and a miracle in our youth teams.

A change of management would still leave us with a slog of a season, getting out played most weeks, clinging on for dear life to the wins we do get.

We'd all (or mostly) like the team to be playing attractive progressive football but I doubt the squad we have right now would be getting any more points doing that and in this season enough points to stay up is all that matters.

The grass is always greener, but until I think there's a real problem with the squad not believing in what they're doing or the numbers looking very poor then sticking with Warne is the best course.

It takes a lot for me to turn to manager out, and PW is nowhere near that.

I was the same with rosenior and Rooney and cocu.

51 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Okay, yes staying up.

But firstly it's not a good hook to tempt in new signings. So lets offer more but Warne won't or can't (the loan that wanted more than at his parent club).

So then have an experienced manager that has a decent record in the Championship? Not Warne.

And then spend your budget wisely.

You are entitled (lol in the proper sense) to believe Warne will keep us up with his current style but I don't. And it's not just that it's an awful watch, I also think it's unsustainable over a season without an extra 'something'. In the EFL points stealing season that was the extra 'something', what do we have? 

We've done very little rebuilding and everyone has their own opinion on why that is, but it would be a fairly reasonable sized disaster to get relegated again. After all it took even Warne two seasons to get us up last time.

#COYR

The 'entitled' comment made me chuckle 😂

I absolutely agree we're missing that 'something' right now. To be honest, I just think it's firepower. We have a League 1 attack + Kayden Jackson- and what's worse, a League 1 attack that never actually looked that devastating in League 1 itself!

We always knew this would be a vital window, because unlike most promoted teams, we don't have a solid core of players to build around- just a decent defence. I think the new midfield has potential. But we're utterly bereft of quality upfront.

Happy to wait and see, but from what I'm seeing, recruitment and the overall quality of the squad is a bigger issue than how Warne chooses to field them. 

Just now, YorkshireRam said:

The 'entitled' comment made me chuckle 😂

...Happy to wait and see, but from what I'm seeing, recruitment and the overall quality of the squad is a bigger issue than how Warne chooses to field them. 

And we're all 'entitled' to our opinion on Derby. I've seen enough managers and owners, players too, come and go to know what we might be 'entitled' to expect from this Club. I'm at the total other end of the spectrum to you - Warne is and his 'middling' team are the impediment at this level  not the players.