Barrow (A) - Match Thread

Sean

11 minutes ago, Jubbs said:

Disappointed, but not shocked, that Brown isn't starting. If I was him, I'd be begging for a loan move away.

I hope he's banging on Warne's door in the morning to demand a loan out. How can it be that L1 sides are trying to sign him, yet we won't even start him against L2 opposition?

1 start this season and 1 assist. What have our other CFs done so far?

3 minutes ago, i-Ram said:

Struggling to see why Yates or Brown are not ahead of Collins tonight. Yates needs game time, and Brown needs opportunity.  Barkhuisen is a strange pick for me too. 

Also - given that it's a Carabao Cup game against Barrow - just glancing at the team sheet (and subs) makes you realise how few youngsters we have who are anywhere near first-team contention. 

Very happy with the line up. Want Brown given a good half hour though. Get Collo’s buzz back if he can score, get to see the new guy and pleased that Ward is ready to whip those balls in. I also think Kenzo and Tommo might just suit each other so the more they play together the better. 

2 minutes ago, vonwright said:

Also - given that it's a Carabao Cup game against Barrow - just glancing at the team sheet (and subs) makes you realise how few youngsters we have who are anywhere near first-team contention. 

I am not convinced that’s the issue. Warne puts paying respect to the opposition above developing his younger players.

4 minutes ago, i-Ram said:

Struggling to see why Yates or Brown are not ahead of Collins tonight. Yates needs game time, and Brown needs opportunity.  Barkhuisen is a strange pick for me too. 

Indeed. I like Collins but if we are relying on him for serious game time this season things are worse than I thought. 

I am not sure what message it sends to Brown when he did reasonably well against what I would expect is a good L2 team and has not seen the pitch since, including in a game we lost and is benched for the next round against a probably worse L2 team. 

2 minutes ago, i-Ram said:

I am not convinced that’s the issue. Warne puts paying respect to the opposition above developing his younger players.

Unless they're on loan. Then they get plenty of chances to play through their mistakes and adjust to competitive football.

Opportunities for our own youngsters are extremely limited unless we're playing Wolves U21s.

41 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

Even if he was going out on loan he should be starting this one as he is actually cup tied unless of course he is starting for us on Saturday 🤷‍♂️

Unless a loan is lined up, subject to us bringing someone in, and we don’t want to risk injury.  He’s on the bench in case we’re chasing the game.

9 minutes ago, EnigmaRam said:

I’m guessing he sees Collins as his second striker in the pecking order therefore he needs game time. He’s also the one most likely out of all our strikers to actually score with his head with Ward playing 

Even so. This is an ideal chance to give much needed experience to a player who we could be relying on if we have injuries. We all know what Collins can do. Unless the choice to loan Brown out has already been made, then this sends all the wrong signals again. If we had loaned Brown from a different team he would be starting.

33 minutes ago, vonwright said:

But why are they not in contention? It may be because they aren't up to it, but there may well still be another reason. Why the hell is Collins playing? He did naff all striker wise he last time he played.

Edited by DavesaRam