Barrow (A) - Match Thread

Sean

4 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

Would you take Rowett ? He’s available and local and wins games in the championship but we have left it very late in the transfer window 

I hope you are joking....worse football and I'd have to put put up with that hideous droning,nasally Brummie accent to boot.

Rowett nearly put me off football for life,I at least like Paul warne.

11 minutes ago, Andicis said:

If performances frequently allow posters to progress a narrative, then perhaps it's not a narrative and just a fair reflection of our position. 

That was atrocious tonight would never even try and argue against that 

The teeth grinding mind numbing perpetual negativity of a certain hard core of forum members win lose or draw is what drags the debate down all of the time. 

20 minutes ago, Derant said:

Was you surprised when we got promoted and broke all sorts of records last season? 

With a team that could have been several points clear at the top  with matches to play, but ended up limping up on the last day of the season. And there is only one reason for that - the same reason we lot tonight.

Just now, Tyler Durden said:

The teeth grinding mind numbing perpetual negativity of a certain hard core of forum members win lose or draw is what drags the debate down all of the time. 

That's a figment of your imagination though. The vast majority of posters are buzzing on here when we win. The fact is, people have genuine concerns about the level of performances. There are a couple that are perpetually negative, however people's concerns now are valid given the manner of our performances so far. 

15 minutes ago, Nuwtfly said:

Fair point. I have never used the ignore function on here but have done so tonight as it was confirmation for me that I will miss absolutely nothing by doing it. 

Be careful not to let curiosity get the better of you. Rest assured it will not contain anything of insight.

1 hour ago, Brammie Steve said:

Neither is it the poor crowd of 3003 who expected to see a game of football.

It's a BARROW load of manure!!

episode 17 buzz GIF

did they announce the away component of this low total given the capacity of 6500?

6 minutes ago, Andicis said:

That's a figment of your imagination though. The vast majority of posters are buzzing on here when we win. The fact is, people have genuine concerns about the level of performances. There are a couple that are perpetually negative, however people's concerns now are valid given the manner of our performances so far. 

It's genuinely not a figment of anyone's imagination though that's the sad fact.

I respect that folks get concerned when they view what was served up tonight. 

I find it really difficult to understand how, for example, when we beat Boro at home the same element on here find bits to moan about. It's truly mind boggling.

This is just an extension of that tonight. You know who they are too, just skim read back the last few pages. 

Or even better refer to the people whom gave your post the hand clapping emoji. 

Edited by Tyler Durden

21 minutes ago, Eatonram said:

Terrible performance. Terrible performances happen. We had about 10 shockers last season including like home to Crewe. They are unpleasant to watch, hard to take and hurt. But we always get past them. We will have poor runs of results but we will get though them. League cup games of all the games we play are the worst indicator as to how the season as a whole will pan out. We just have to take it on the chin. No one will hurt more than Warne. 

I bet you a lot of fans are, especially those who shelled out and travelled all that way to watch a load of millionaires or soon to be millionaires totally underperform. The travelling fans should be refunded - out of Paul Warne's pocket.

1 minute ago, Tyler Durden said:

It's genuinely not a figment of anyone's imagination though that's the sad fact.

I respect that folks get concerned when they view what was served up tonight. 

I find it really difficult to understand how, for example, when we beat Boro at home the same element on here find bits to moan about. It's truly mind boggling.

This is just an extension of that tonight. You know who they are too, just skim read back the last few pages. 

It’s a forum where people can express their opinions ! Just ignore if you don’t like it !

1 minute ago, Tyler Durden said:

This Forum was set up for debate amongst a group of people who love Derby County. Paul Warne did a magnificent job getting us back into the Championship and I don’t even need to mention DC, who is an absolute legend.

The debate has to be had though if we are going to stay up this season. Is Warne a good enough coach at this level? Can we park the bus every week and rely on the odd breakaway or set piece goal to keep us up ? Or do we need a better quality coach ?

There were no patterns of play tonight and the players were making it up on the hoof as well as hoofing it. It’s not entertaining in anyway whatsoever and we are struggling to recruit any decent players by the looks of it.