Barrow (A) - Match Thread

Sean

11 minutes ago, Kooklaram said:

Really really looking forward to Sat now.🙄

Me too mate

... I'm off to Southern France for 17 days, from Thursday.
Missing the next two games seems like a good deal just now!  😎

Just now, Andicis said:

It's just not an overreaction though is it? It's another absolutely s**** performance (you acknowledged it yourself) where we made a league 2 opposition look good. It's embarrassingly poor.  

It allowed the same posters to progress their narratives which I'm happy for them.

They need every excuse after all.

11 minutes ago, DCFC Kicks said:

That shootout highlights just how few technical players we have now. Even our designated penalty takers (Collo/NML) aren't that good.

collins is our first choice pen taker, but has missed 32% of his career penalties

Edited by Chris_Martin

This just goes to show what a well polished team Warne has created, they can't lower themselves to primitive ball played by the likes of Barrow.  Bodes well for the season I say.

spacer.png

Warne:

Not great in the first half and no threat in behind [and he expected Collins to offer that?]

Didn't control possession well enough

Goudmijn and Thompson were feeling a bit tight (calves?).

We need a few new faces in 😱 Need an extra "2 or 3"

Confirmed Chirewa is mainly an 8 but can also play on the wing, with us using him as a "narrow 7" tonight.

14 minutes ago, thischarmingram said:

Tbf how many times have we seen various Derby teams, under various managers go out in turgid league and fa cup games - I’m numb to it. 

Going back the past 10 years, I believe we've only gone out of the cups to lower league opposition 5 times ... Pompey in the 15/16 season, Chorley in 20/21 when covid took out the 1st team so we had to play kids, and then 3 times under Paul Warne (Crewe who we failed to beat over 2 games, Bradford and now Barrow).

icegif-665.gif

Edited by Cam the Ram

Just now, Nuwtfly said:

Fair point. I have never used the ignore function on here but have done so tonight as it was confirmation for me that I will miss absolutely nothing by doing it. 

And if it means me missing out on your posts then ditto.

Before starting to cast aspersions on other forum members you need to have a long look at how you come across on here.

6 minutes ago, EulogyForEvolution said:

I think the thing that says it all is that Goudmijn gets dragged off every game. This time he only got 45 minutes.

I'm not saying he's a world beater but he's a progressive passer of the ball - and he seems to be making fewer forward passes with every game.

It's like any invention is quickly being stomped out of him. 

We just don't look like we're going anywhere at the moment. I'm hoping for a big reaction against Bristol.

Is this why flair players of quality won’t join us ? Any sign of a footballer gets squashed out of them and the ball generally by passes them anyway 

where’s this amazing recruitment team too???