Why So Many ITKs?

This isn’t a moan at all. We’ve all loved the recent resurgence of ITKs after a number of years of hearing zilch.

But why are there so many genuine ITKs all of a sudden? Are there leaks at the club? Or were the previous regime more concerned with keeping deals secret, which meant less filtered out?

Edited by DarkFruitsRam7

10 minutes ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

This isn’t a moan at all. We’ve all loved the recent resurgence of ITKs after a number of years of hearing zilch.

But why are there so many genuine ITKs all of a sudden? Are there leaks at the club? Or were the previous regime more concerned with keeping deals secret, which meant less filtered out?

Vastly expanded recruitment department leads to more potential leaks?

I think Mel went in very hard to prevent it. David Clowes doesn't seem to have, so far, regarded it as enough of a problem to stop. 

I also wonder if stopping the leaks is a good idea. Theoretically it could alert other clubs that a player is available, but I suspect that with agents so prevalant, every club knows anyway. The leaks keep the fans interested and engaged fans spend more money. I do wonder if any of the leaks are actually clever marketing. 

5 minutes ago, Comrade 86 said:

I think also that official announcements are being delayed, sometimes significantly. Very hard to keep a lid on deals that are already done, but yet to be announced. 

This is going to come off very entitled, but it's been irking me this time tbh. If it gets to the point that the media are reporting on why deals are not being announced (Ozoh & Goudmijn) then we're probably delaying a bit too long. In Kenzo's case, it just seemed to be we wanted to wait for the day that England played the Dutch, which just looked a bit tinpot to me, to be honest...

Edited by YorkshireRam

20 minutes ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

I don't know

12 minutes ago, YorkshireRam said:

This is going to come off very entitled, but it's been irking me this time tbh. If it gets to the point that the media are reporting on why deals are not being announced (Ozoh & Goudmijn) then we're probably delaying a bit too long. In Kenzo's case, it just seemed to be we wanted to wait for the day that England played the Dutch, which just looked a bit tinpot to me, to be honest...

To be honest, my only concern is that the players are signed. The window has so far, been excellent and that's what's key for me. I think with the new keeper, it's simply that he's agreed to play a last game and he's therefore not officially our player until he has. It's obviously now what Warne wanted, but again, at least we have our man. 

30 minutes ago, Carnero said:

Vastly expanded recruitment department leads to more potential leaks?

Two to tango as well - either buying club or selling club could have a leak that leads to someone being in the know. Once word is out hard to get back in the bottle, and people will start asking questions. 

55 minutes ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

image.png.283744204ce5e6bd8a460826d5c71bf6.png

35 minutes ago, CornwallRam said:

I think Mel went in very hard to prevent it.

Or maybe he just picked up the phone out of the blue and said "we'll give you x millions for y player" and the other club immediately agreed. Remember when Sam always got his man?

I think I could always get my man too if I was allowed to pay vastly over the odds to buy players from an agency I was allegedly involved with.

26 minutes ago, Comrade 86 said:

To be honest, my only concern is that the players are signed. The window has so far, been excellent and that's what's key for me. I think with the new keeper, it's simply that he's agreed to play a last game and he's therefore not officially our player until he has. It's obviously now what Warne wanted, but again, at least we have our man. 

I agree, it's such a trivial gripe to have, and most definitely a reflection mainly of my lack of patience. But when it's just sort of an open secret and everyone knows it's been done, just get it announced ASAP. 

If that's still my biggest issue of this transfer window when it slams shut, i'll be a very happy man overall 😂