Jacob Widell Zetterstrom - SIGNED, FINALLY - 3yr deal

Nuwtfly

sounds like zetterstrom signing is going to happen and what a brilliant acquisition that may turn out to be! just need a bit of patience, will probably feature in the Middlesbrough game 🐏 

Next target if we sign anymore if definitely a 6ft+ Centre forward number 9 for me and perhaps a couple of loan signings may be too much to ask but with the GK and a CF I am very confident we can finish 18th- 12th 

17 minutes ago, Carl Sagan said:

Zetterstrom will obviously play in the European game tomorrow night. With Jacob Rinne seemingly not having signed officially yet, I'm expecting our boy will also play on Thursday 15th, and then sign for us in the days following. I don't see how Rinne could be registered for this round of European matches. I hope whatever happens, Djurgården get knocked out so that excuse for this rather farcical situation doesn't continue.

I think Rinne only needs to be registered before midnight

42 minutes ago, Carl Sagan said:

Zetterstrom will obviously play in the European game tomorrow night. With Jacob Rinne seemingly not having signed officially yet, I'm expecting our boy will also play on Thursday 15th, and then sign for us in the days following. I don't see how Rinne could be registered for this round of European matches. I hope whatever happens, Djurgården get knocked out so that excuse for this rather farcical situation doesn't continue.

I might be being slightly hopeful, but not being announced doesn’t necessarily mean not signed and registered. Until the lineups are announced, I’m keeping my fingers crossed!

Hopefully the announcement from his former club is a sign that a move has been formalised already.

20 minutes ago, Dimmu said:

This case shows that many fans can't handle even a tiny bit of the reality of the football business. Quite a few would have a better life if they only heard about the transfer when it's done.

Do I wish too much that this might work as an eye-opener for those ridiculing agents and media all the time?

image.gif.bbcfae114214a5ea75acb6fe2f02b338.gif

https://documents.uefa.com/r/Regulations-of-the-UEFA-Conference-League-2024/25/Article-31-Player-lists-Online

As others have said, these rules state they need to register any new players they want to play by midnight the night before the first leg of each round. So if this other keeper isn’t all sorted tonight, it looks like we won’t have our man until August 16 at the earliest. I assume then his first game will be Watford on August 24, as Boro on the 17th will presumably be too soon. 

4 hours ago, TheRamOfSwad said:

sounds like zetterstrom signing is going to happen and what a brilliant acquisition that may turn out to be! just need a bit of patience, will probably feature in the Middlesbrough game 🐏 

Next target if we sign anymore if definitely a 6ft+ Centre forward number 9 for me and perhaps a couple of loan signings may be too much to ask but with the GK and a CF I am very confident we can finish 18th- 12th 

That’ll be worth an overture.

Djurgården just announced their squad to play in the qualifier game and JWZ is as expected included, but where usually they say it’s their squad for the round they’ve specified this squad is for only the first game of the qualifying round.

”Truppen till den första matchen i kvalomgång 3 i Europa Conference League mot Ilves”

translates in English to 

“The squad for the first match in qualifying round 3 in the Europa Conference League against Ilves”

51 minutes ago, RamsFan10 said:

https://documents.uefa.com/r/Regulations-of-the-UEFA-Conference-League-2024/25/Article-31-Player-lists-Online

As others have said, these rules state they need to register any new players they want to play by midnight the night before the first leg of each round. So if this other keeper isn’t all sorted tonight, it looks like we won’t have our man until August 16 at the earliest. I assume then his first game will be Watford on August 24, as Boro on the 17th will presumably be too soon. 

I assume if Vickers plays well against Blackburn/Boro  he will keep his place for the Watford game

34 minutes ago, Eoghan1884 said:

Djurgården just announced their squad to play in the qualifier game and JWZ is as expected included, but where usually they say it’s their squad for the round they’ve specified this squad is for only the first game of the qualifying round.

”Truppen till den första matchen i kvalomgång 3 i Europa Conference League mot Ilves”

translates in English to 

“The squad for the first match in qualifying round 3 in the Europa Conference League against Ilves”

Din Svenska är oklanderlig.

Jag är väldigt imponerad. 

A new interview with the man himself, still sounds very much like he’s joining, and also that he’s staying there for a bit which has been widely reported;

The move to Derby is taking time for Jacob Widell Zetterström.

Not against the goalkeeper.

- It feels good that it will not be an abrupt end, says Jacob Widell Zetterström.

Jacob Widell Zetterström has been on his way to Derby County for quite some time now. But Djurgården still has its goalkeeper. Tomorrow he will, as usual, guard the posts for the club he grew up in. Also in an important European qualifying match. And the goalkeeper does his best to live in the moment.

- You don't reach this round in Europe without being a good team. So it will be a tough, exciting and above all fun match against Ilves, says Jacob Widell Zetterström.

By all accounts, you are on your way to the Derby shortly. At the same time, you must play important matches for Djurgården. How to deal with it?

- Actually, like most other things. Life happens around you all the time, but when you go out on the field, you only focus on the match. It's the same thing now. What I have in front of me is 90 minutes of fun football with a wonderful team. You have learned over the years to focus on just that.

But now it's a little different, in that you're basically ready for another club?

- Yes, of course, it's a different situation. But I would say that the ways of thinking are really the same. You go into this match with full focus on what lies ahead - and nothing more than what lies ahead.

What awaits are Djurgården's most important matches of the season so far. Against an attacking Ilves, Jacob Widell Zetterström may play a key role.

- Regardless of whether you are in my seat or another seat, you can always speculate on what will happen next. If Djurgården advances from this round, Maribor or Vojvodina await. But it's not something you think about, you have full focus on the match in front of you. I don't even think any of us are really thinking about Ilves at home next week, says Widell Zetterström.

You have been in Djurgården for a long time, and now you are also getting a long farewell. Does it get extra nostalgic when it goes on over so many matches?

- It is clear that it is special. But in a way quite nice too. It won't be so abrupt. Although there may come times in life when you have to deal with such things as well. In this case, you can almost say that there has been a weaning period. But like I said, all this time I've been trying to take one day and one game at a time.

Jacob Widell Zetterström started in Djurgården as a kid, but left the club for IFK Lidingö in his early teens. Since 2021, he has been the team's first option at the goalkeeper position. But now the stay is coming to an end.

- It has always been a dream to be able to play in England and of course it will be incredible to be able to do it. So I don't mean anything I say now in a boring way. But I have grown up in the club and it is very familiar. I have enjoyed every day I have been here. At the same time, it will also be very cool to test the wings in a country that I have followed all my life, says Jacob Widell Zetterström.

As always, translated by an online search engine that rhymes with doogle so don’t know how accurate the translation is, maybe our Swedish contingent can verify. 

He sounds like he has his head screwed on. It's almost like a reverse Lampard situation in that you have no problem letting the guy follow his dreams but the manner he dragged us along left us in the lurch. JWZ (and the club) saying sure, follow your dreams, but first we have to qualify. It's a pain in the rear for us, but we'd be demanding the same if roles were reversed.

I think he looks a decent signing but because he’s still playing for them it all feels a bit meh …

perhaps stay another few weeks if it suits his club …its not like we need a goalkeeper or anything lol 😂 

I know we aren’t perhaps a massive pull like a United or a City but for pity’s sake let’s not be made to look like we don’t matter …we have an important first season back where I believe every point will count so a few games missed might cost us …get it done ffs 🤦‍♂️ 

25 minutes ago, MaltRam said:

Last time a new signing waited to help his club out before joining us was Seth Johnson. So we'll get an amazing 3 years out of JWZ then sell him to leeds for £100m, at which point he decides football isn't really his thing... 

I think you got some of that the wrong way around.

He decides football isn't really his thing, and THEN signs for Leeds for £100m.

Then, changes his mind re football, re-signs for us on a free, and helps us reach the Premier League.

🫡