Jacob Widell Zetterstrom - SIGNED, FINALLY - 3yr deal

Nuwtfly

16 minutes ago, CapeTownRams said:

I suspect Vickers will start the first one or two games no matter when he arrives…. It’s the way PW normally handles new signings…. Barring some emergency scenario..

Depends how good they are. Didn’t Adams and Nyambe come straight in?

6 hours ago, ImARam2 said:

The one thing no one has mentioned is, does he speak English well enough in order that he can communicate with the defence and does he know the English swear words when that defence lets him down?

There's always been a myth in this country that the Dutch are incredible English speakers. And you go to the Netherlands and it's true everyone can get by in English, and understand you and make themselves understood - all very impressive. But then you go to Scandinavia and everyone speaks perfect English. It is extraordinary. And they use English words for new terms that didn't have a word in Swedish/Norwegian etc before.

His ability to communicate with the defence isn't in question. Everything else about this weird transfer is in question. What is going on?

2 hours ago, Baiano_knows said:

Jacob Widell Zetterstrom is a Ram 
He wears a Petr Cech hat
He’s not a Forest b******
Or a Leicester t***
He came here from Sweden
His feet stick out of beds
And when he came to Derby 
He said he hates the f****** reds

If it replaces Stan Collymore is a master baker, I’m all for it.

2 hours ago, Baiano_knows said:

Zetterstrom’s a keeper
He wears Petr Cech’s hat
He’s not a Forest b******
Or a Leicester t***
He came here from Sweden
His feet stick out of bed
And since he came to Derby 
He hates the f****** reds

Tidied it up in the hopes it gets picked up one day because ‘his feet stick out of bed’ to ‘he hates the f****** reds’ is absolute perfection 

5 hours ago, RamInSweden said:

Depends how good they are. Didn’t Adams and Nyambe come straight in?

I did say ‘normally’….. sigh…. PW has even said this in interviews…..

Still believe Vickers will start….

4 hours ago, CapeTownRams said:

I did say ‘normally’….. sigh…. PW has even said this in interviews…..

Still believe Vickers will start….

Vickers isn't good enough he's OK for backup off the bench if he is ever needed

6 hours ago, Leicester Ram said:

We’ve had a solid decade of the Collymore chant now and in those ten years Craig Forsyth hasn’t even had one

Creativity’s in the gutter

He's been here for so long

He's never had a song

Craig Forsyth wo-o-o-oh

Craig Forsyth wo-o-o-oh

23 minutes ago, Dcfcsr92 said:

Vickers isn't good enough he's OK for backup off the bench if he is ever needed

I thought Vickers was pretty experienced, but looking at his league career record he has only played 179 games, and 56 were below League 2 level. Only 3 Championship appearances, and his most appearances in any one season was 35 back in 2019 with Lincoln City.  Has anyone ever seen me and @Ghost of Clough in the same room?

I don't understand why people find this transfer so odd. 

A deal has been struck which means that at a certain point Derby get JWZ for a certain fee. That fee is dependent upon JWZ not joining until after a certain date.  The reason for that date is that it allows for them to push qualifying in the Europa Conference league in which they are in the 2nd leg of the 2nd qualifying round. Qualification to the group stages is worth approx €2.5m and any win in the group stages is €500k with  draw €166k.

So the Europa Conference league money is key here.

We haven't given him a medical, signed him and then said don't worry you can go and play elsewhere. 

We've done a commercially sensible deal, with a preliminary medical to allow us to comfortably say we'll do a deal at X price in 2 weeks subject to him then passing and full medical ans hopefully helping his club take a step towards to Europa Conf League Qualifying and a far heftier prize for them than the reported fee we're paying. 

The Goteberg game strikes me as odd if he plays in that but perhaps there's an agreement that he plays and is subbed off for the fans to say thanks and for him to say goodbye?

In doing so you potentially instill in the player how much you want him as your No1, you get your first choice keeper at a price you're willing to payand you potentially contribute to a bigger European earning for his existing club.

Seems like a thoroughly sensible approach to me.

And just to point out that they did the same thing with Dahl last week who was allowed to okay two additional games  before joining Roma.

15 hours ago, ImARam2 said:

The one thing no one has mentioned is, does he speak English well enough in order that he can communicate with the defence and does he know the English swear words when that defence lets him down?

If I had a 6’6 teammate charging towards me I’m not getting in his way, even if he’s not speaking English.

4 minutes ago, gccrowdpleaser said:

A deal has been struck which means that at a certain point Derby get JWZ for a certain fee. That fee is dependent upon JWZ not joining until after a certain date.  The reason for that date is that it allows for them to push qualifying in the Europa Conference league in which they are in the 2nd leg of the 2nd qualifying round. Qualification to the group stages is worth approx €2.5m and any win in the group stages is €500k with  draw €166k.

We haven't given him a medical, signed him and then said don't worry you can go and play elsewhere. 

We've done a commercially sensible deal, with a preliminary medical to allow us to comfortably say we'll do a deal at X price in 2 weeks subject to him then passing and full medical ans hopefully helping his club take a step towards to Europa Conf League Qualifying and a far heftier prize for them than the reported fee we're paying. 

The Goteberg game strikes me as odd if he plays in that but perhaps there's an agreement that he plays and is subbed off for the fans to say thanks and for him to say goodbye?

In doing so you potentially instill in the player how much you want him as your No1, you get your first choice keeper at a price you're willing to payand you potentially contribute to a bigger European earning for his existing club.

And just to point out that they did the same thing with Dahl last week who was allowed to okay two additional games  before joining Roma.

Exactly this. Also, they are second in the league and he is their key player. It makes a big difference to their next season's budget if they qualify for the Champions League instead of the Conference.

It's all about the money and as the transfer window is still open, they'll make the most of it. I'll be happy if he is here before the season starts, not at the end of August.

1 hour ago, gccrowdpleaser said:

No Problem Thumbs Up GIF Spot on mate, great post