Kenzo Goudmijn - signed to 2028

21 minutes ago, Reggie Greenwood said:

If someone with better eyes than mine could see what it’s says on the receipt by the knife and fork  we might find out where he is 😅

I can't see it properly, but I'm fairly sure at the top it's something like "Bub, something, something, something, s"

Posted (edited)
33 minutes ago, Elwood P Dowd said:

Most probably he does speak very good English but the Dutch commentary will have a Dutch bias, it makes the game much more enjoyable. 😂😂

I sincerely hope its the same as here... ex-team mates who couldn't manage for toffee,  saying what a top bloke he is but that he's got it all wrong.

Edited by Chester40

My guess is everything is agreed and he's gone back to the Netherlands whilst we sort out his work permit.

I remember Warne mentioning something at the Q&A about it being easier to sign players from abroad because the work permit rules had changed? Or something along those lines?

Did I dream this?

Anyone know what it entails getting a work permit?

That can be the only thing holding this up now. Because the medical and deal was agreed last week.

1 hour ago, MACKWORTHRAM said:

My guess is everything is agreed and he's gone back to the Netherlands whilst we sort out his work permit.

I remember Warne mentioning something at the Q&A about it being easier to sign players from abroad because the work permit rules had changed? Or something along those lines?

Did I dream this?

That can be the only thing holding this up now. Because the medical and deal was agreed last week.

Already answered a couple of days ago by Caerphilly Ram

Could be none of us know the answer, sorry to disappoint…. 🤷🏻‍♂️ 

I googled the rules however and found this helpful article;

https://analyticsfc.co.uk/blog/2023/06/21/introducing-esc-the-new-gbe-guidance-opens-up-recruitment-post-brexit/

Backing up what @IlsonDerby said, post Brexit the rules were pretty strict and favoured the premier league clubs and in the last year they (the FA, PL, EFL and Home Office) relaxed the process meaning clubs in the champ can sign 4 “foreign” players if they meet the relaxed rules and league 1/2 can sign 2. The relaxed rules (according to that article) seem linked to the status of the league the player is coming from and if they’ve played youth internationals,so it looks likely we will get a work permit for him as he’s come from the Dutch league and played u19 international

1 hour ago, MACKWORTHRAM said:

Did I dream this?

👍👍

"Kenzo Goudmijn will play for Derby County next season. Sources confirm this to AZAlerts. The 22-year-old midfielder has previously been linked to the English club from the Championship, but now the transfer is final (subject to the medical examination).

Goudmijn went through the youth academy of AZ and was rented out to Excelsior for the past 2 seasons. In Rotterdam he grew into a permanent starter under trainer Marinus Dijkhuizen. In his first season, the midfielder managed to promote to the Eredivisie with Excelsior.

However, a definitive breakthrough at AZ failed to materialize. After his 2 rental periods, Goudmijn has not yet managed to convince the staff of the Alkmaarders. This summer, Goudmijn was also allowed to look for a new employer. FC Heerenveen was interested in the services of Goudmijn, but the choice ultimately fell on the English Derby County.

Derby County plays at the second level of England, in the so-called Championship. There is a chance that Goudmijn will not be the only AZ player to cross the channel: goalkeeper Mathew Ryan is also in the interest of the Rams. Goudmijn will sign for several years."

11 minutes ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

professor farnsworth futurama GIF

….provided he doesn’t then end up going to Preston via QPR…bloody teasing Danish journos

Dont trust these danish Journos after last night 

1 hour ago, DCFC1388 said:

"Kenzo Goudmijn will play for Derby County next season. Sources confirm this to AZAlerts. The 22-year-old midfielder has previously been linked to the English club from the Championship, but now the transfer is final (subject to the medical examination).

Goudmijn went through the youth academy of AZ and was rented out to Excelsior for the past 2 seasons. In Rotterdam he grew into a permanent starter under trainer Marinus Dijkhuizen. In his first season, the midfielder managed to promote to the Eredivisie with Excelsior.

However, a definitive breakthrough at AZ failed to materialize. After his 2 rental periods, Goudmijn has not yet managed to convince the staff of the Alkmaarders. This summer, Goudmijn was also allowed to look for a new employer. FC Heerenveen was interested in the services of Goudmijn, but the choice ultimately fell on the English Derby County.

Derby County plays at the second level of England, in the so-called Championship. There is a chance that Goudmijn will not be the only AZ player to cross the channel: goalkeeper Mathew Ryan is also in the interest of the Rams. Goudmijn will sign for several years."

“so-called Championship” 🤣

7 minutes ago, Srg said:

I really hope this one comes off. I’ve fell in love with a YouTube highlights reel. Sucker, I know, sue me. 

Know what you mean though. Looks a baller.

Few folk having a moan about our signings and those we've failed to sign (allegedly), but I'm pretty happy so far. Seems like we're refusing to pay asking price unless we've assessed the player to be worth their valuation and we've certainly spread the net a deal wider in trying to source and secure best value. Fingers crossed the report is correct, would be my take.

1 hour ago, DCFC1388 said:

Permanent deal then, not a loan. Sounds like it could be our first long term one too since admin (4/5 years maybe)