Transfer rumours

People need to recognise that we are currently not the most attractive girl at the party.

Players are not wowed at the prospect of playing for us.Sure we have a great training ground, stadium and crowds but has mentioned on the talk in last night a bottom six budget in the championship.

Players have better financial options and we do not have a big name manager to attract them either.So we have to sell them a plan to improve both themselves and the team with the prospect of achieving greater things.

Patient them people and hope Warne has good line in chat and a great makeup artist to make us the most attractive we can be.

Edited by Rambalin

25 minutes ago, EnigmaRam said:

Nyambe weighed up his options. Should we sack hIm off too?

Great point but i don't remember his name being linked with us all summer. He probably was in negotiations but because we didn't know about it his signing was seen as a bonus. 

I personally don't see what Dembele is going to achieve by waiting much longer. 

23 minutes ago, Rambalin said:

People need to recognise that we are currently not the most attractive girl at the party.

Players are not wowed at the prospect of playing for us.Sure we have a great training ground, stadium and crowds but has mentioned on the talk in last night a bottom six budget in the championship.

Players have better financial options and we do not have a big name manager to attract them either.So we have to sell them a plan to improve both themselves and the team with the prospect of achieving greater things.

Patient them people and hope Warne has good line in chat and a great makeup artist to make us the most attractive we can be.

And we never will be. Do you think any of our current team dreamed of playing for Derby County? Maybe Ben Osborn & that’s it, and he still spent 16 years at Forest first. Every single player would leave if a more attractive offer was put in front of them, that’s no different for players who haven’t even signed for us yet.

I don’t get why there is such a demand for players needing to fall in love with the team and have a burning desire to play for us above anybody else. As long as a player is fully committed and gives their all when they wear our shirt, then I couldn’t really care less if they took a couple of weeks to weigh up their options before signing.

48 minutes ago, EnigmaRam said:

Nyambe weighed up his options. Should we sack hIm off too?

I was going to say something similar. Nyambe didn't sign until 19th Sept, and was clearly waiting for a Championship team to come in with a decent offer. Derby almost certainly weren't his first choice.

I wouldn't mind getting another player of his calibre if it means waiting another 6 weeks.

Prem teams have only just come back from various tours, transfers & loans will happen in a flurry, and will filter downwards.

1 hour ago, Rambalin said:

We barely had a bottom 6 championship budget in League One, therefore I expect it to within the top 12 this season - although we will have to wait for the figures to come out. 

8 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

We barely had a bottom 6 championship budget in League One, therefore I expect it to within the top 12 this season - although we will have to wait for the figures to come out. 

How do you work that out? 

1 hour ago, Rambalin said:

Interesting opinion 👍

2 hours ago, Srg said:

Between Dembele and JWZ there's a weird new thing among some fans where if they don't immediately sign then we should sack them off. It's proper odd.

There's a very weird thing that's happened with Forest supporters for about 10 years where they go on about cupping players sacks when they have a good game.. Joe Lolley was a particular favourite.  Bet the poor fecker feigned injury for 2 years in fear. That's very much odder. 😂

Regarding Dembele and other players weighing up there options …this is why the transfer window is w***! because players and agents wait until the last knockings trying to get the best deal …yes great for the player I hear people commenting but it’s not good generally for the clubs …scrap the prohibitive window and players might take what’s on offer and not let agents string the whole shabang along until the last few days ….im also of the opinion if you take too long and mess us about deciding then do one …but with the current situation and the fact players and agents seem to dictate we’d probably end up with no one 

Edited by S8TY

4 hours ago, Kernow said:

And we never will be. Do you think any of our current team dreamed of playing for Derby County? Maybe Ben Osborn & that’s it, and he still spent 16 years at Forest first. Every single player would leave if a more attractive offer was put in front of them, that’s no different for players who haven’t even signed for us yet.

I don’t get why there is such a demand for players needing to fall in love with the team and have a burning desire to play for us above anybody else. As long as a player is fully committed and gives their all when they wear our shirt, then I couldn’t really care less if they took a couple of weeks to weigh up their options before signing.

Where is the magic in that? I don’t want to think I’m watching a bunch of blokes doing their job, even if it’s true.

If I imagine, even for a second, seeing Derby County as an employer of footballers who are only here because it’s a job, I feel my love of football evaporating.

It’s the most joyless thing I’ve ever allowed myself to imagine.

1 hour ago, S8TY said:

Regarding Dembele and other players weighing up there options …this is why the transfer window is w***! because players and agents wait until the last knockings trying to get the best deal …yes great for the player I hear people commenting but it’s not good generally for the clubs …scrap the prohibitive window and players might take what’s on offer and not let agents string the whole shabang along until the last few days ….im also of the opinion if you take too long and mess us about deciding then do one …but with the current situation and the fact players and agents seem to dictate we’d probably end up with no one 

Agreed. 

Just end the window at the start of the season or a week in if you want to be generous. 

Too much messing around until deadline day. Which would happen anyway, but why string it out for a month in to the season? 

4 hours ago, RoyMac5 said:

How do you work that out? 

Difficult to know for certain until the accounts are released but wouldn’t be surprised if our figures are comparable with: Millwall, Huddersfield, Preston, Cardiff, Sheffield Wednesday, Swansea and most certainly more than Plymouth and Rotherham. It will in all likelihood be a bottom 6 budget, but with the additional income I do anticipate we increase proportionally - I suspect there is more from us to come in the window. I would be surprised if not, anyway. 

1 minute ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

Wasnt Harry Soutter said to be one of the players sold the dream by Paul?

I see he has signed for Sheff United.

Would have been a good one.

Think he wanted a centre back with pace, though? Soutter is a good player, but not exactly the profile we’re after and would’ve cost a fair wedge.