Transfer rumours

23 minutes ago, Crewton said:

Oh yeah, because he's fully in control of other clubs decisions whether to release players or not........🤪

But he is in control of the expectations he sets with the fans in interviews.

Rock and a hard place for him, it's why I get the impression he dislikes transfer windows and would rather just focus on coaching the team.

Eric Steele said on Radio Derby, last night - that a goalie should be included in all defensive drills . Therefore Vickers will probably play V Blackburn . You can see Warne’s problem - how do you formulate a winning system/ style , when you don’t know what players are coming in ? 

6 minutes ago, jimtastic56 said:

Eric Steele said on Radio Derby, last night - that a goalie should be included in all defensive drills . Therefore Vickers will probably play V Blackburn . You can see Warne’s problem - how do you formulate a winning system/ style , when you don’t know what players are coming in ? 

Get it forward, get it wide, cross it in. 

22 minutes ago, MaltRam said:

If he says nothing, he cops flack for not feeding our demand for gossip.

If he tries to be honest he's at the mercy of events, and cops flak when any one of the hundred things that can go wrong does go wrong.

Same for all managers. 

Basically. Damned if he does, damned if he doesn't.

Doesn't help either when there seems to be a tendency by some not to even actually listen to what he says themselves and either take it second hand or read it, which removes a lot of context.

Not everyone has time or is always in the right environment to find wherever the interview is playing, navigate and listen to it in full. As such they rely on someone quoting him or providing a written summary.

His interviews often end up trying to be everything to everybody and there's usually an element of stream-of-consciousness style waffle, sometimes contracting himself the very next second after he's said something. That and the obligatory jokey comments tend to confuse matters.  There's also the issue that some things are harder to convey when put to text and don't always come across as intended, especially true of intended humour.

He could help himself out at times by not trying to be the comedian, or by giving the occasional stock answer, but then again he needs that to maintain the cult of personality that surrounds him.

Edited by May Contain Nuts

3 minutes ago, May Contain Nuts said:

Not everyone has time or is always in the right environment to find wherever the interview is playing, navigate and listen to it in full. As such they rely on someone quoting him or providing a written summary.

His interviews often end up trying to be everything to everybody and there's usually an element of stream-of-consciousness style waffle, sometimes contracting himself the very next second after he's said something. That and the obligatory jokey comments tend to confuse matters.  There's also the issue that some things are harder to convey when put to text and don't always come across as intended 

He could help himself out at times by not trying to be the comedian, but then he needs that to maintain the cult of personality that surrounds him.

I mean there's a lot of nonsense in that post, but the first paragraph is fair enough. The massive caveat to this is, if that is the case, don't speak with the confidence of someone who has taken the time to actually listen to it.

4 minutes ago, Srg said:

I mean there's a lot of nonsense in that post, but the first paragraph is fair enough. The massive caveat to this is, if that is the case, don't speak with the confidence of someone who has taken the time to actually listen to it.

Who are you accusing of doing that?

Like his interviews. He tries to be as honest as he can and I’m sure he’s just as frustrated as anyone when he can’t get the players in he wants. After all, he’s the one that’s judged by performances and more importantly results. 

I’m sure that he wishes he could click his fingers and have Zetterstrom, Clarke, Dembele. A number 9, a LWB and a pacey CB already in the squad but transfers just aren’t like that. 

The club is constrained by budgets and releasing clubs allowing their players to be transferred when they’re ready.

5 minutes ago, Srg said:

Various posters, you only need to see the likes of @Caerphilly Ramcorrecting people based on the facts of what was actually said after practically every time Warne speaks.

And you don't think there's anything Warne could say or do differently that would help stop these misunderstandings from happening in the first place? Nothing at all about his interview style that leads to misinterpretation?

20 minutes ago, May Contain Nuts said:

And you don't think there's anything Warne could say or do differently that would help stop these misunderstandings from happening in the first place? Nothing at all about his interview style that leads to misinterpretation?

You're asking him to change who he is because people are either too lazy or don't have the time to listen to him? Come off it.

52 minutes ago, Srg said:

You're asking him to change who he is because people are either too lazy or don't have the time to listen to him? Come off it.

Unless I'm talking to Paul Warne directly here, I'm not asking him to do anything, I'm asking whether he could, and whether you consider the higher than average number of misinterpretations of his interviews to be solely down to idiotic and lazy fans.

You don't have to change your entire personality to be a bit more concise and clear in interviews.

Aside from a few standout moments (people refusing to accept what McClaren said about Newcastle) I can't remember other managers interviews requiring this much explanation to people.

Edited by May Contain Nuts