Transfer rumours

6 hours ago, LazloW said:

Derby Fans: We must never allow ourselves to get in the same financial mess as we’ve just been in.

Also Derby Fans: It is great the DC wants to run us sustainably and, in any event, we know he isn’t as well off as Mel so we know we can’t spend big bucks anymore.

Also Derby fans: It’s going to be hard in the championship. We’re still rebuilding after being decimated by administration. Staying up is the main aim, mid-table would be great.

Also also Derby Fans: Oxford have signed somebody. Wah wah wah, why haven’t we signed anybody. Wah wah wah. Why hasn’t DC bankrupted himself yet to buy a striker. Wah wah wah we’ve lost two away games to teams who are better than us. It is the end times! (Wah). 

I know, I know, it’s not how much we’ve got to spend it’s who we’ve spent it on (wah). I know, I know DC said we had a competitive budget (wah). I know, I know, Warne’s football puts people off (unlikely but wah). I know, I know, you can criticise the club it doesn’t make you disloyal to DC or ungrateful for what he did (well, it might do just a bit… but wah!)

And finally… I know this isn’t everyone and I may be exaggerating for effect. For what it’s worth, I’m also a little disappointed we haven’t been able to fill all the obvious gaps in the squad. It’s also obvious we need several more players. But if we don’t then my rattle will stay in my pram.  DC isn’t a sugar daddy, he is a saviour and he’s doing his best - but we aren’t going to be fishing in the same pond as many of our competitors for some time and until that changes I think we just need to be mindful of our limitations. 

Lin Manuel Miranda Love GIF by Tony Awards

8 hours ago, McMuffin said:

But but but we are not here to make up the numbers, we will be competitive. I smell bs again. We’ve been here before 

I heard a rumour at the back end of last season that Warne walked out of a transfer meeting when it was revealed he had a grand total of just over £1m to spend on signings this season. I’m sure on accuracy but if you do a quick estimate , most of the signings we’ve made matches pretty close to the sell-on clauses we’ve received. 

9 hours ago, FlyBritishMidland said:

Of course you do if you have a long term view.  Send Brown on loan this season to continue his development.  He comes back for next season with another year of regular football ready to fill the one of the spots left by Collins, Yates and Washington and be regular part of the first team.  Then it’s done in a controlled way allowing the player to grow and develop.

That was always Cocu’s approach and he’s the manager most bought into player development than any other we’ve had in the last 10 years (not counting Rooney as he was forced into it due to circumstances).  His plan was always loan a player in a position where your academy players are lined up and let them develop further rather than be rushed.  That way you allow them to grow, whilst only blocking their path for a year.  Throw them in to soon, you could ruin them.  Make a permanent signing and you block their path for 3 to 4 years and they may leave.

Back on the bench, then?

7 hours ago, LazloW said:

Derby Fans: We must never allow ourselves to get in the same financial mess as we’ve just been in.

Also Derby Fans: It is great the DC wants to run us sustainably and, in any event, we know he isn’t as well off as Mel so we know we can’t spend big bucks anymore.

Also Derby fans: It’s going to be hard in the championship. We’re still rebuilding after being decimated by administration. Staying up is the main aim, mid-table would be great.

Also also Derby Fans: Oxford have signed somebody. Wah wah wah, why haven’t we signed anybody. Wah wah wah. Why hasn’t DC bankrupted himself yet to buy a striker. Wah wah wah we’ve lost two away games to teams who are better than us. It is the end times! (Wah). 

I know, I know, it’s not how much we’ve got to spend it’s who we’ve spent it on (wah). I know, I know DC said we had a competitive budget (wah). I know, I know, Warne’s football puts people off (unlikely but wah). I know, I know, you can criticise the club it doesn’t make you disloyal to DC or ungrateful for what he did (well, it might do just a bit… but wah!)

And finally… I know this isn’t everyone and I may be exaggerating for effect. For what it’s worth, I’m also a little disappointed we haven’t been able to fill all the obvious gaps in the squad. It’s also obvious we need several more players. But if we don’t then my rattle will stay in my pram.  DC isn’t a sugar daddy, he is a saviour and he’s doing his best - but we aren’t going to be fishing in the same pond as many of our competitors for some time and until that changes I think we just need to be mindful of our limitations. 

image.jpeg.6353775ecc3dd058974bd41412277044.jpeg

On 28/08/2024 at 21:17, AljosaAsanovic said:

Id love to be proved wrong but from what I've seen Daj at this moment in time is no where near ready for a run of games at this level. 

Honestly believe academy tinted glasses are being used a lot here. 

Well July last year they gave a 17yr Daj Brown a 3 year contract, so somebody at the club thinks he's worth it. And it does'nt seem to be Warne.

2 hours ago, jono said:

I think our versions of desperate state might not be quite the same 😛

After the Barrow game , how would you describe the prospects for the rest of the season ? In May , most fans said “Mid table budget=mid table finish”. Pearce had built up the expectations. Now I would take a 10 goal striker to help Yates . 

I would'nt be surprised during the mad last day tomorrow; we shift a few out on loan and bring in maybe 2 or 3 new faces. My money is on Washington and Barks to go out on loan. Maybe Brown, if we get a striker in, but he might have a call back clause. Linked with Liam Cooper who was nearly a Hull player today, but the deal fell threw. He would be a good signing and it's his birthday tomorrow (33).

15 minutes ago, jimtastic56 said:

After the Barrow game , how would you describe the prospects for the rest of the season ? In May , most fans said “Mid table budget=mid table finish”. Pearce had built up the expectations. Now I would take a 10 goal striker to help Yates . 

I would say DC had set the expectations, not Pearce.

1 minute ago, plymouthram said:

I would'nt be surprised during the mad last day tomorrow; we shift a few out on loan and bring in maybe 2 or 3 new faces. My money is on Washington and Barks to go out on loan. Maybe Brown, if we get a striker in, but he might have a call back clause. Linked with Liam Cooper who was nearly a Hull player today, but the deal fell threw. He would be a good signing and it's his birthday tomorrow (33).

There's no such thing as a "call back clause" except in the next transfer window in January. If Brown goes, it's not possible for him to return until then. 

39 minutes ago, Simmoram2024Ramsrontheup said:

I heard a rumour at the back end of last season that Warne walked out of a transfer meeting when it was revealed he had a grand total of just over £1m to spend on signings this season. I’m sure on accuracy but if you do a quick estimate , most of the signings we’ve made matches pretty close to the sell-on clauses we’ve received. 

If that is true, and I can see it being so, imagine Warnes reaction when he saw the Clowes interview..

Competitive budget my arse 

Anger GIF by One Chicago

Just looking at a few names who probably will be on the move the next couple of days, or certainly available from the Premier League: 

Ethan Nwaneri - Arsenal
Omar Rekik - Arsenal
James Hill - Bournemouth
Myles Peart-Harris - Brentford
Paris Maghoma - Brentford
Josh Acheampong - Chelsea
Deivid Washington - Chelsea
Harvey Vale - Chelsea
Alex Matos - Chelsea
Jimi Tauriainen - Chelsea
Amario Cozier-Duberry - Brighton
Freddie Ladapo - Ipswich