Birmingham relegated.

6 hours ago, Jayram said:

Love their misplaced confidence about how quickly they will get out of L1. They seem to think they can spend their way to an immediate return. I hope they A. realise that there is a cap on how much they can spend on wages, transfers and B. How hard a division this is to get out of, regardless of reputation and finances.

Their fans are such arrogant t**** - I'm going to enjoy seeing them flailing around at places like Shrewsbury & Mansfield and I sincerely hope they finish nowhere. 

To be honest, League One should be a breeze for them as I don’t think they have gone down in turmoil like we perhaps did.

They got relegated because of Rooney. The other 3 managers who were there would have had then mid table over a 46 game season.

Their budget is bigger than ours this season. Their squad is better.

8 minutes ago, Bris Vegas said:

To be honest, League One should be a breeze for them as I don’t think they have gone down in turmoil like we perhaps did.

They got relegated because of Rooney. The other 3 managers who were there would have had then mid table over a 46 game season.

I think a big part of getting out of Lg 1 is acceptance you are there.  Because we were such a basket case, we took it quite well and management appeared humble enough to not feel the big I am.  If you think you are better than it, it will consume - as endless Tuesday night cup ties versus teams like Harrogate Town takes it's toll.

The budget helps, but is not all.  Where BC will have issues is if they don't mentally accept the difference and carry on as though going up is inevitable.  I found that we had the effect of being everyone's cup final: you can defeat anyone if primed for a one off match.  

38 minutes ago, Bris Vegas said:

The best player they had was on loan, anyone remotely reasonable will leave for the delights of Millwall and they'll be left with 40 yr old Juke as they can't get anyone to play in a stadium that looks like it's been savaged by the Luftwaffe and left unrepaired for 80 years, in front of 12,000 candidates for the missing link.

Lovely.

29 minutes ago, CBX1985 said:

I think a big part of getting out of Lg 1 is acceptance you are there.  Because we were such a basket case, we took it quite well and management appeared humble enough to not feel the big I am.  If you think you are better than it, it will consume - as endless Tuesday night cup ties versus teams like Harrogate Town takes it's toll.

The budget helps, but is not all.  Where BC will have issues is if they don't mentally accept the difference and carry on as though going up is inevitable.  I found that we had the effect of being everyone's cup final: you can defeat anyone if primed for a one off match.  

They won't have that problem as it's about their level

Or this one

0Gl1_x.gif

Most of them seem oblivious to the contempt with which a significant section of their fanbase is regarded by fans of many other clubs. They think our p taking over their relegation is purely because of 'that' chant, ignoring the fact that they also bombarded our fans with missiles, ripped out seats and damaged the toilet areas, all on a day on which we held a protest march to which their fans were invited to attend to show their solidarity (and some of them did). I can only imagine those Birmingham fans who did march with us that day were thoroughly ashamed of their brain-dead co-supporters.

9 hours ago, Bris Vegas said:

If it wasn’t for a 21 point deduction we wouldn’t have gone down either.

12 hours ago, uttoxram75 said:

As the game progressed and we saw that they were going down one of them came over and gave me a bit of stick cos of me Derby shirt. 

To be fair to the Brummie fool, you had been standing on a chair singing song about them going down for 2 hours and giving him the W sign, right?!

I do find it weird how moronic Bham fans are though. They must have the highest % of scum fans than anyone.

Mate of mine (Exeter fan) was chased leaving St Andrews last season. He was in away end for a different team his mate supported. Can't remember who, but it was a smaller team with no hate between them. Someone like Preston.

Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, ariotofmyown said:

To be fair to the Brummie fool, you had been standing on a chair singing song about them going down for 2 hours and giving him the W sign, right?!

I do find it weird how moronic Bham fans are though. They must have the highest % of scum fans than anyone.

Mate of mine (Exeter fan) was chased leaving St Andrews last season. He was in away end for a different team his mate supported. Can't remember who, but it was a smaller team with no hate between them. Someone like Preston.

Uh oh, you’ve just made Topknobber’s hit list….! 😲

I don’t think I’ve ever actually met a Birmingham fan in real life, which I find remarkable but probably telling.

Edited by StaffsRam

1 hour ago, StaffsRam said:

I don’t think I’ve ever actually met a Birmingham fan in real life, which I find remarkable but probably telling.

I used to know one as a kid who was a bit of a fool. Remember when Johnathan Hunt was playing ok for them and Barry Fry said he wouldn't expect 25 million or something for him. This kid thought Fry meant it and Hunt was valued as one of the most expensive players of all time. I think he joined us a couple of years later for about 100k and wasn't very good.

1 hour ago, StaffsRam said:

It's also a surprise how small their crowds are, especially as they've been relatively ok within the last 20 years or so. Bham is a huge place and surely they could make it more welcoming to locals and try and grow a bit.

There always seemed to be a line of supposedly rich people trying to make them successul. Maybe they just look at the name of the City and presume they will have a huge catchment area of fans. They probably don't know how much they are disliked. Wolverhamptom, Coventry and West Bromwich are smaller places, but all with bigger crowds and more history.

Someone should form a club called London Town and wait for some rich fool to invest millions.

1 minute ago, ariotofmyown said:

It's also a surprise how small their crowds are, especially as they've been relatively ok within the last 20 years or so. Bham is a huge place and surely they could make it more welcoming to locals and try and grow a bit.

There always seemed to be a line of supposedly rich people trying to make them successul. Maybe they just look at the name of the City and presume they will have a huge catchment area of fans. They probably don't know how much they are disliked. Wolverhamptom, Coventry and West Bromwich are smaller places, but all with bigger crowds and more history.

Someone should form a club called London Town and wait for some rich fool to invest millions.

I think their catchment area doesn't help them. Birmingham is a huge area, but you have Villa, Wolves, WBA (and others) on the doorstep, and those teams have actually won stuff so it doesn't surprise me that most fans gravitate away from Birmingham City. Plus, they're a bunch of c**ts so I wouldn't want to be associated with them either. Those other teams are all better thought of than Brum.

21 hours ago, Bris Vegas said:

Sadly all this is true. Be we can always live in hope of another ownership masterstroke.