Birmingham relegated.

On 08/05/2024 at 21:58, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

I consider Mackworth, Breadsall, Duffield and Quarndon as very much part of Derby.  Boundaries or not they are off or within a few miles of the city centre and much closer than Sutton Coldfield to central Birmingham.  Makeney is just off the A6 to my recollection, you turn past the pub on the right

Sheer maths means that the boundaries of small cities  like Derby are closer to the centre than big cities like Birmingham which has around 10x the population of Derby.

There are a number of different ways an area is deemed part of a city, but in my opinion, if you have to drive through countryside to reach a residential area, then you leave the city behind you.

19 minutes ago, ram59 said:

I don't see much difference to comments on this forum.

I know someone who works at St Andrews, he told me that he asked the yank how he felt about the relegation, he replied that it was not a problem and that they've got £50m to throw at it next season. It might be a load of bull, we'll find out next season. But nobody can deny that there is a chance that they could walk away with the lg1 next season, they'll be more equiped for it than any lg1 side was for this season, with the starting squad and the money available.

BTW, they are the early odds on favourites for promotion with the bookies.

I don't recall us saying that Peterborough's best players aren't good enough.  Indeed Burrows, Randall and Knight have been mooted on here as signings with good potential at a level higher than they'll be playing.

They will be favourites as they finished 3rd bottom.  In reality though their best player was a loanee and anyone decent will want out in case they don't come up.  We'll see if it's a problem if they spend millions and don't come up.  The misery of a pitch made of reconstituted sand where the ball ping pongs around the land of the giants awaits.  Takes a while to get used to.

9 minutes ago, ram59 said:

Sheer maths means that the boundaries of small cities  like Derby are closer to the centre than big cities like Birmingham which has around 10x the population of Derby.

There are a number of different ways an area is deemed part of a city, but in my opinion, if you have to drive through countryside to reach a residential area, then you leave the city behind you.

Those areas bar Quarndon, which is about a mile outside, are all classed as Derby urban area on the census.  I can't really say anymore.

9 hours ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

Those areas bar Quarndon, which is about a mile outside, are all classed as Derby urban area on the census.  I can't really say anymore.

Fair enough regarding the other areas, I'm not that familiar with the various districts of Derby. But you've quoted Quarndon as being part of Derby, where house prices are concerned, to my way of thinking, it seems to be a very posh village outside the city of Derby.

On 04/05/2024 at 16:29, 1of4 said:

So which ex ram deserves the most plaudits for arranging this party?

John Eustace

Wayne Rooney

Gary Rowett

Krystian Bielik

Lee Buchanan

Rooney’s agent   (And we’re still recovering from his influence over our club )

• 2 weeks later...