Retained List

37 minutes ago, S8TY said:

Let’s hope the fact we still haven’t publicised the retained list is not indicative of our summer recruitment as we seem behind everyone. 
Teams are snapping up players already crossing my fingers we are going to get things done early and get some exciting players in COYR

As of a couple of days ago, out of the 48 championship and league one clubs only something like 24 had released their retained lists so we’re not behind everyone, and what’s out there in the public domain isn’t necessarily evidence of what the club is doing recruitment wise as we saw with signings in Jan and last summer, a lot of them were kept well under wraps from media and social media accounts. 

1 minute ago, Jimbo Ram said:

Don’t think we need to scrutinise BT…..he’s proven time and time again that he gets around 50% right…..and things do change 🏆

I was implying the club found out, as in they didn't like him leaking info, so took care of him.  Not that he was full of poo...  BT has been the only ITK-er who I pay any attention to.

This is why I despise post season, it's not so much the endless bulls*** that gets thrown around on socials, by divs trying to get clicks & likes, it's the amount of gullible a******** who believe it, then start kicking off when it doesn't happen...

6 hours ago, TooFarInToTurnRed said:

Could you ask you contact what happened with Forsyth and Smith as according to your post on May 2nd both were being offered new deals?

Smith apparently had a bad attitude when he was dropped out the team. As for Forsyth it was 50/50 in terms of loyalty but a risk 

3 minutes ago, simmoram1995 said:

Smith apparently had a bad attitude when he was dropped out the team. As for Forsyth it was 50/50 in terms of loyalty but a risk 

I think Smith is a pretty average footballer so I think we need to look for better.  Bad attitude covers a multitude though.  As long as your turning up for training, putting in the same output and not giving your teammates a hard time then it's OK to be pissed of with your manager and be a bit down temperament wise as it shows your bothered.  The other option is too dance round the changing room like JLingz not giving a crap your getting a shed load of cash for doing sod all. 

1 hour ago, simmoram1995 said:

Dropped out of the team….following the knee injury he suffered on the pitch against Bristol Rovers on 25/11/2023 and subsequent recovery time of several weeks? Having been involved in all 17 league one matchday squads up to that point including playing 90 mins in 10 of those games? The same Korey Smith who seems to be a well liked and respected member of the squad and has from the outside seemingly always conducted himself as a top pro and played out of position for the cause? 🤔 

3 hours ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

I think Smith is a pretty average footballer so I think we need to look for better.  Bad attitude covers a multitude though.  As long as your turning up for training, putting in the same output and not giving your teammates a hard time then it's OK to be pissed of with your manager and be a bit down temperament wise as it shows your bothered.  The other option is too dance round the changing room like JLingz not giving a crap your getting a shed load of cash for doing sod all. 

Personally I think the midfielder tightened up when he came back into the team and him and  Ebu worked great together. With Bird and Houllane we were wide open all the time.

For me thats my 2 centre midfielders for next season .

1 hour ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

Dropped out of the team….following the knee injury he suffered on the pitch against Bristol Rovers on 25/11/2023 and subsequent recovery time of several weeks? Having been involved in all 17 league one matchday squads up to that point including playing 90 mins in 10 of those games? The same Korey Smith who seems to be a well liked and respected member of the squad and has from the outside seemingly always conducted himself as a top pro and played out of position for the cause? 🤔 

Surely you're not casting doubt on simmo's source...

Posted (edited)
23 minutes ago, Carnero said:

Surely you're not casting doubt on simmo's source...

Purely seeking clarification on some inconsistencies of course, the doubt has already been cast by Simmo him or herself 🤣

We’re offering Burrows a contract despite him being under contract at Posh….

Smith had a bad attitude after being dropped, I wouldn’t interpret a 62nd minute knee injury in a game in November that kept him out until February as “being dropped”, and before then he’d played an active part in the side as well as coming back into the team after his injury… BUT maybe I’m mistaken in my interpretation 🤷🏻‍♂️ 

Edited by Caerphilly Ram

4 hours ago, simmoram1995 said:

So on May 2nd all good contract offered but then 2 weeks later it was remembered he had a bad attitude a few months back so they withdrew it? 

Posted (edited)
56 minutes ago, Magicman said:

He always comes over as bright decent family man who pedigree shines out when PW mentions his performances. Doubt there is any truth or evidence for these claims. 

What was it PW said to Smith in the team meeting when he took over? “I tried to sign you last year”, or words to that effect.

Edited by DiggerB