Retained List

1 hour ago, TomTom92 said:

Is the delay due to some ‘key’ players holding out for a better deal? Wildsmith and maybe Sibley spring to mind. 

It does seem for whatever reason that we’re sitting on this topic, would be surprised if there’s no particular reason for it.

No, look at retained lists of every other club. Those players would just be filed as Contract Offered. 

6 minutes ago, Carnero said:

They were heavily suggesting on Radio Derby tonight that Hourihane has a one year option in his contract...  😬

Awkward Season 4 GIF by The Office

You’d let him go on a free to anyone who wants him (like I would a few others) or hope he knows it’s time and retires. 

1 hour ago, Srg said:

No, look at retained lists of every other club. Those players would just be filed as Contract Offered. 

True but it doesn’t exactly breathe excitement having Collo, Smith and Barkz extended and then Sibley, Wildsmith and Thompson as maybes. 

Theres probably nothing too it. I just thought I’d fire a theory out as to why it’s taking longer than others. 

3 hours ago, TomTom92 said:

Is the delay due to some ‘key’ players holding out for a better deal? Wildsmith and maybe Sibley spring to mind. 

It does seem for whatever reason that we’re sitting on this topic, would be surprised if there’s no particular reason for it.

I would imagine that the kind of person Paul Warne is - that he would want to tell each player “face to face “ if they were being released .

2 hours ago, Carnero said:

They were heavily suggesting on Radio Derby tonight that Hourihane has a one year option in his contract...  😬

Awkward Season 4 GIF by The Office

I said that on here about a month ago. He triggered it based on number of appearances. He’s 100% under contract.

Posted (edited)

Heard from a source close to the club that Wildsmith hasn’t been offered new terms. Be interested to see how the list looks. 

Edited by Ramdale

19 minutes ago, Ramdale said:

Heard from a source close to the club that Wildsmith hasn’t been offered new terms. Be interested to see how the list looks. 

I am little confused why he hasn't? Surley there are other areas we need strengthening more than in goal (with the best defence in the league). 

Unless PW is wanting something else in a GK for some reason? Or Wildsmith wants to move on for strange reason.

6 minutes ago, trappatoni said:

I seem to remember Warne saying Vickers had been unlucky at Rotherham being behind one of the best in the Championship - Johansson? - apparently he has a release clause 

I do remember him saying something along these lines about Johansson being one of the best in the championship too. Just feel Wildsmith would be solid in the Championship like wise would Johansson but for a reported 900k though..

20 minutes ago, Ram1988 said:

I am little confused why he hasn't? Surley there are other areas we need strengthening more than in goal (with the best defence in the league). 

Unless PW is wanting something else in a GK for some reason? Or Wildsmith wants to move on for strange reason.

This may not be correct and just an impression but he always seems a bit less close to the others than most of team (but what do I know!) - PW does believe in his team being very close for success and perhaps Joe doesnt and thinks he can get better deal elsewhere. Did we ever find out why we had a spell with Vickers starting?

2 hours ago, DCFC1388 said:

Potentially Barkhuizen & Sibley staying...

Screenshot_20240513-205856_Instagram.jpg

Or we're letting them train to be fit to get deals elsewhere? Or Sibley and Thommo had bust up on break at the cabin and he's letting off steam at least! 🤷‍♀️

11 hours ago, TomTom92 said:

True but it doesn’t exactly breathe excitement having Collo, Smith and Barkz extended and then Sibley, Wildsmith and Thompson as maybes. 

Theres probably nothing too it. I just thought I’d fire a theory out as to why it’s taking longer than others. 

I don't know the answer, but if I were to guess. It would probably down to the fact that Derby (due to the restrictions of the last few years) have a bigger task of patching up a team that have been promoted with a bunch of mercenaries. 

Loans, freebies and a good few now out of contract.

PW and the team now need to balance what they have v what they want. Then decide who to release, without knowing who they can get to replace them in certain positions.

I have no doubt they will have a wish list, but it will be just that a wish, because we know nothing rarely goes to plan.

I would imagine that task is bigger than most stable clubs.

Just my opinion.