Match Thread: Carlisle United (h)

HT

Very good start and lovely goal followed by a bit of a collapse, but we’re slowing getting back into it.

Adams has been a colossus as usual driving us forward. Bird and Smith near and tidy at times.

After a good start NML and Collins have been very up and down. Their press was very poor after the goal and put huge pressure on our midfield to cover the gaps, allowing Carlisle to get a foothold in that area and run the game.

Second half we need to get back to getting the basics right. More effective attacking press, will help the midfield and help us take back control.

Keep believing and we’ll get there!

7 minutes ago, i-Ram said:

Against a pretty poor team, we are looking pretty woeful. We are clearly going up, but there is much work to do. Seen nothing to suggest I would want Warne managing us in the Championship. 

It's crazy ... I've felt that way after a good 75%+ of games this season despite the results, but since late October we've got more points than anyone in the EFL so he must be doing something right 😆

Just now, ariotofmyown said:

Ok Bris

Not sure why you want to call me Bris? You can’t tell me we played well first half can you? If Bird hadn’t scored his goal many would be rightfully be bricking it on here. We look so poor with the ball, unless it’s from a dead ball. We are going to win, and we are going up. All great news. But we should be looking a lot better than this surely?

12 minutes ago, AutoWindscreens said:

Shouldn't have been offside because the ball came to him via a defender deliberately trying to play the ball!

Classed as a save. Wouldn't say it was deliberate play by the defender tbh. Correct decision imo. 

2 minutes ago, i-Ram said:

Not sure why you want to call me Bris? You can’t tell me we played well first half can you? If Bird hadn’t scored his goal many would be rightfully be bricking it on here. We look so poor with the ball, unless it’s from a dead ball. We are going to win, and we are going up. All great news. But we should be looking a lot better than this surely?

Because Bris loves to talk about next season at strange times. Leave that conversation for the summer.

Goals change games. Rather the early goal and let them have it for a bit, than play well and create loads of unconverted chances.