Match Thread: Wycombe (a)

I don't think Bolton are the dangers now or won't be unless they beat Pompey. But we've let Peterborough in and they have got their tails up big time following their day at Wembley. Their fixtures prior to that last game you'd be surprised if they were dropping any points which means we're going to the last day one way or another. 

6 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

Some predictably reactionary comments after a goalless away draw.

If we'd have got beaten jeez, doesn't even bear worth thinking about. Teddies flying out of prams all over the forum. 

Can take a draw Tyler with a performance. That performance was awful looked like a group of strangers 

21 minutes ago, Anag Ram said:

What has happened to NML?

He looks like a man who has forgotten how to play football. He needs a rest I think.

He has been the driving force in our season but when he’s out of form we create little.

I thought he had been resting for the last four games….

14 minutes ago, Chester40 said:

Agreed.

But also we were such a stupid team ...no game management/understanding at all.

Stupid off-sides, terrible free-kicks, shooting that was eye-bleedingly bad, poor anticipation,  giving away free kicks, passing to nobody, running into dead-ends... on and on... just amateurish.

Warne has to take responsibility today, failure to go up and I wouldn't cry if we decided he'd had his chance and looked elsewhere. 

Add to that list what looked like time wasting. We seemed to take ages over throw ins and goal kicks at the start of the 2nd half.

No attempt to build momentum at all.

2 minutes ago, jimtastic56 said:

I think our home crowd will drag us over the line , but games like tonight’s show what a massive re-build David Clowes has on his hands . 

This summer will be our first without being under an embargo or strict business plan for …. Someone tell me cos iv lost track 

I stumbled on a Youtube video of all of Chris Martin's goals (97, I think).Oh what memories. And no, I am not calling him to be brought back to Derby, his day is done. But if only we could see team football like that again. We have the players to make a passable imitation of it, but with this coaching team, it ain't going to happen.

9 minutes ago, PrideParkhead said:

I'd happily get Neil Warnock in for the last 3 games & the Play-Offs. That performance tonight was disgraceful & not for the first time this season either. 

Just had a look through your recent posts. Woeful.

Just now, strawhillram said:

A point closer to where we want to be ? BS

To be honest I’m sick of hearing his baffoonish BS and the players talking things up.

Even more so after the Northampton  fiasco the players and mgmt turn in such a turgidly abject performance as that tonight !!?? Pathetic. Spineless.

They don’t deserve us.

1 minute ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

The Hourihane sub made some sense, we took off the ineffective CBT and changed shape which got Wilson further up the pitch. The delay to make any further changes is the bit I’m more irked by. But I’m not putting it all on Warne, collectively it wasn’t good enough tonight from those on the pitch and off it. 
Credit to the fans who were singing throughout and doing their bit. 

Wilson the one who loses the everytime and nml has been poor for the last 8 or so games? The subs are too predictable! How did it make sense please answer, we are trying to win the game you take of a attacker for a real slow midfielder who gives you nothing! 

We always seem to drop our standards to the team we’re in front of & not impose our game…when we played on the ground we cut through them but that was twice all game…hoof it for the other 99%. Technically 1 point away and 3 at home will see us up…but 7 shots & 0 on target for a team away to a hoof-ball side is stark. 

Warne got it wrong playing Washington and Collins together, it did'nt work. Taking Smith off, when he was one of our better players, also did'nt make sense. When is Gayle fit, he would have put one of the chances away tonight that others fluffed.

2 minutes ago, DavesaRam said:

I stumbled on a Youtube video of all of Chris Martin's goals (97, I think).Oh what memories. And no, I am not calling him to be brought back to Derby, his day is done. But if only we could see team football like that again. We have the players to make a passable imitation of it, but with this coaching team, it ain't going to happen.

Warne isn't interested in good football. Or it's probably more accurate to say that Warne's idea of good football is very different to your average Derby fans idea of good football.

3 minutes ago, DavesaRam said:

Funny enough I happened to look at a YT vid last night of some of Johnny Russell’s goals for Kansas… some classical finishes in there…

What makes me laugh sometimes is that …yes the players get pelters for not playing well but at what stage do we think the manager might also be to blame because Warne is not blameless  it’s his players team and formations I just want to see the end of this season and want to see better football with more direction