Pompey fan in peace

6 minutes ago, maydrakin said:

I remember going to John Harkes’ last game, which was at Pompey (I think!).

Lasted about 30 mins on the pitch and was then subbed off and never played again.

There’s another player I have little to no time for!

That's right. TBE pulled him off*, never to be seen again 😅

* It's not what you're thinking

Been to Fratton Park quite a few times in 70s.Grandmother lived in Petersfield but I went on train to Pompey. Still travel down on occasions and love the Spinnaker area as well as the old partof Portsmouth. Lived in Hampshire in 1990s and always took kids to Pompey pier and funfair. Great times. Is Leighs Park still bad? Anyway hope we both go up with Bolton. Proper football cities. Best wishes except for Tuesday! 

On 29/03/2024 at 23:38, Eddie said:

Cripes, I can remember a guy in navy clobber with a bell back in 1967 at the Baseball Ground. That game finished 0-0, I think. I'd settle for the same on Tuesday.

I have that same memory. For me, that's reassuring because I think many of our memories are made up. In my mind I can see him walking down the side of the pitch towards the Normanton End. At that game or perhaps a game against Charlton I have a memory of the ball going in and out of the net without a goal being given against us. That seems unlikely so maybe that's one of my false memories.

Cripes, I can remember a guy in navy clobber with a bell back in 1967 at the Baseball Ground. That game finished 0-0, I think. I'd settle for the same on Tuesday.

I also remember the sailor 

I remember that game watching from the Ossie end but I thought we lost 1-0. The memory of him singing “play up Pompey, Pompey play up” has stayed with ever since

1 hour ago, Bessie1 said:

Our first game in “the 11-point season” was a 2-2 draw against Pompey.  I remember leaving the ground thinking “that was pretty good, I think we’ll do alright this season”.

Yep.  And 4 days later, on the way out of the CoM Stadium, having only lost 1-0 to Citeh, I thought "I REALLY think we'll do alright this season"!  🤣

49 minutes ago, Mucker1884 said:

Yep.  And 4 days later, on the way out of the CoM Stadium, having only lost 1-0 to Citeh, I thought "I REALLY think we'll do alright this season"!  🤣

Do you remember how many games it was before we realised we were wrong?  I guess it wasn’t many!

2 hours ago, Bessie1 said:

Our first game in “the 11-point season” was a 2-2 draw against Pompey.  I remember leaving the ground thinking “that was pretty good, I think we’ll do alright this season”.

I did the same after that game saying to my son I think we will be ok this season 🤣

On 28/03/2024 at 20:14, Bluebazooka said:

Evening lads. Looking forward to our match next Tuesday. 

Think we'd both be happy with a draw? 

I'm a moderator on a pompey forum and we'd love to read your views on the match. 

Were a friendly bunch, so if you want to exchange views with pompey fans please feel free to register and post on our forum. 

You'll be welcome. 

They'll be a match thread going up after tomorrow's games are done and dusted. 

We look forward to welcoming you. 

Good luck for your remaining games. 

Please register and post your views here 

https://www.thepompey.uk/

Is the "Red, white and blue " still going ? been in there before !

1 hour ago, Bessie1 said:

Do you remember how many games it was before we realised we were wrong?  I guess it wasn’t many!

I don't recall... but having just Googled the fixtures, it was followed by...

4-0 at Spurs... home loss to Brum... 6-0 at Anfield... I think it must have been around this time that doubt started to... oh... but wait... what's that you say?... Newcastle at home.?.. We're saved!  Hoorah!  Bring on The Arsenal...  🤣