Pompey fan in peace

5 hours ago, Mucker1884 said:

I don't recall... but having just Googled the fixtures, it was followed by...

4-0 at Spurs... home loss to Brum... 6-0 at Anfield... I think it must have been around this time that doubt started to... oh... but wait... what's that you say?... Newcastle at home.?.. We're saved!  Hoorah!  Bring on The Arsenal...  🤣

Went to that 4-0 at white hart lane. We were 3-0 down after 13 mins, think even Darren Bent managed to score and he was crap at spurs 

8 hours ago, Alan Ramage 4 EVA said:

Is the "Red, white and blue " still going ? been in there before !

I'm afraid it's gone 😞 

The official away pub is The Good Companion - a five/ten minute walk from the ground.  Decent sized - but standard Greene King pub.

There are a few pubs nearer the ground that are probably fine if you're not in away colours and/or well behaved - though the John Jacques (Wetherspoons) near the station is probably not a great idea.  Other than those really near the ground reckon you're okay regardless.

Edited by downsouth
updated text

1 hour ago, downsouth said:

The official away pub is The Good Companion - a five/ten minute walk from the ground.  Decent sized - but standard Greene King pub.

There are a few pubs nearer the ground that are probably fine if you're not in away colours and/or well behaved - though the John Jacques (Wetherspoons) near the station is probably not a great idea.  Other than those really near the ground reckon you're okay regardless.

There's not many decent pubs over here with really good English beer on tap, however, there is a place in Pasadena called

Baldwins, and they have old speckled hen, it's absolute magic, not one bubble in sight, best draught pint I've had

in 37 years!

9 hours ago, downsouth said:

I'm afraid it's gone 😞 

Shame it was a proper old fashioned pub

On 28/03/2024 at 21:23, Bluebazooka said:

League one, what a s*** show of a league it is. It's a tough league to get out of. This is our 7th season in league one, and we spent the prior 4 seasons in league 2. 

Like yourselves we have been proper turned over by owners in the past. 

So it's 11yrs for us in the bottom two leagues. 

Not counting my chicken's, because 3 of the past 5 seasons we've been top of this league and blown it. 

You'll be hard pressed to find a pompey fan that thinks promotion is guaranteed this season. We're only two defeats away from blowing it. 

I thought it was a while but wouldn't have guessed at 11 years! Flipping Nora. Derby fans would burn the place down if we went to League Two.... 

12 hours ago, Alan Ramage 4 EVA said:

Shame it was a proper old fashioned pub

It wasn't a regular haunt of mine, by any stretch, but I have fond memories as I ended up in there after the midweek game in which we secured promotion to the Premier League about 20 years ago.  Proper, old-school pub as you say.  Thankfully we still have a few of those (for now).

13 minutes ago, downsouth said:

It wasn't a regular haunt of mine, by any stretch, but I have fond memories as I ended up in there after the midweek game in which we secured promotion to the Premier League about 20 years ago.  Proper, old-school pub as you say.  Thankfully we still have a few of those (for now).

Any idea who your two new injury doubts are?

18 hours ago, Jimbo Ram said:

Any idea who your two new injury doubts are?

My guess would be Swanson and Lane based on Saturday; but is only a guess.

Kamara and Ogilvie (mentioned upthread) would be bigger losses.

Best of luck for the rest of the season after tonight.

22 hours ago, downsouth said:

My guess would be Swanson and Lane based on Saturday; but is only a guess.

Kamara and Ogilvie (mentioned upthread) would be bigger losses.

Best of luck for the rest of the season after tonight.

Was there last night , great game , 2 good sides , fantastic atmosphere, good luck for the rest of the season mate, smash Bolton for us please

7 hours ago, Premier ram said:

Was there last night , great game , 2 good sides , fantastic atmosphere, good luck for the rest of the season mate, smash Bolton for us please

I would have come on last night but I'd had a few 'settlers' before the game and followed up with a couple of glasses of wine when I get in to decompress  - so was less capable of typing than usual.

Proper game of football last night - not sure whether the conditions were a leveller or just added to the spectacle - but suspect both sides were happy with the draw, whilst wondering what might have been.

I thought you were set up really well (credit to both Warne and the players for executing) - you looked better than any of the other top sides who we've hosted this season.  I genuinely hope we both make it up via the automatics.

Take care of yourselves, Rams.  Hopefully see you all next season in the league above.

15 minutes ago, downsouth said:

I would have come on last night but I'd had a few 'settlers' before the game and followed up with a couple of glasses of wine when I get in to decompress  - so was less capable of typing than usual.

Proper game of football last night - not sure whether the conditions were a leveller or just added to the spectacle - but suspect both sides were happy with the draw, whilst wondering what might have been.

I thought you were set up really well (credit to both Warne and the players for executing) - you looked better than any of the other top sides who we've hosted this season.  I genuinely hope we both make it up via the automatics.

Take care of yourselves, Rams.  Hopefully see you all next season in the league above.

I might get to the match next season (live near Eastleigh).......went to the 0-0 last season but got caught up with work last night.

Here's to a close scrap for the remaining few games Pompey fans 👍