Match Thread: vs Northampton Town (a)

3 minutes ago, Van der MoodHoover said:

Oh well..... seemed a good plan in my head. But somehow it seems we've failed every objective, which is really quite poor......🙄

Perhaps you need to set some new, negative, objectives for the Blackpool game and the team/manager might fail all of those as well. 😀

19 hours ago, Millenniumram said:

3 subs and Hourihane remains on the pitch.

Boos and “f*** off you Rotherham w*****” from the away end

This was from the guy just along from me, 4 rows from the front, shouting personal abuse at the Derby players from the kickoff and clearly within earshot of them.

At halftime he was asked by the elderly guy behind him why If he is going to stand up all of the time did he buy a ticket near the front, his reply was “ I’m just going to ignore you “.

Around the 85th minute I noticed that he had gone quiet, I looked across and he had gone. Supporters eh.

1 hour ago, ram59 said:

Very poor performance from everyone, I can't think of one player who shouldn't be disappointed with his own performance.

On the subject of Waggy, his recent awful finishes have both come quickly to him on his 'wrong' foot, I've seen him score with his wrong foot but they've been when he's had time to think about it. I wonder why modern footballers who are coached at the highest level from a very early age aren't coached to be comfortable with both feet, maybe it's not possible to coach a player to be instinctive with both feet?

I like Waggy and his undoubted commitment to us a lot but he's always missed sitters in front of goal for us. If he didnt he would have played at a higher level. however in previous stints with us he got more chances/service from our style of play so it wasnt so crucial. In this team the fewer chances the forwards actually get make it seem a worse miss. Noone will be more disappointed than Waggy.
At least knowing our lack of striking options he didnt headbutt an opposition player in the dying moments of the game ensuring he was then suspended for key matches 🙄

2 minutes ago, Foreveram said:

This was from the guy just along from me, 4 rows from the front, shouting personal abuse at the Derby players from the kickoff and clearly within earshot of them.

At halftime he was asked by the elderly guy behind him why If he is going to stand up all of the time did he buy a ticket near the front, his reply was “ I’m just going to ignore you “.

Around the 85th minute I noticed that he had gone quiet, I looked across and he had gone. Supporters eh.

I’m not sure you’ve got the definition of “supporters” quite right there.

38 minutes ago, IlsonDerby said:

My point was more than the passes that reached their team mates just weren’t good enough. No momentum being built because they were constantly having to stretch to get the ball or turn and run back to get it after it was played 5 yards behind them. The pitch didn’t look great but it’s the same pitch for both teams isn’t it? 

Thanks for clarifying - you're right about the quality of many of the passes. Re :  the pitch, I guess if NTFC are playing on it every couple of weeks, they're more familiar with its difficulties and they play accordingly? I know many will guffaw at this but perhaps we tried to play a little too much "football" on it instead of letting the bounce cause THEM problems.

Apologies if I've missed this anywhere, but has anyone seen evidence definitively (either directly at the game or from video clips etc) that Bradley actually "headbutted" the Northampton defender? I've replayed the incident several times from the highlights and it's out of shot. I did notice that the "victim" did the classic "rolling on the ground holding his face" to make sure the ref knew what Bradley had done, only then to have a sneaky look to check that the red card had come out and it was safe to get back up, completely unmarked as far as I could see. 

I did though see Cashin being wrestled horizontal by a defender at the same corner, before being flattened by the keeper, so maybe that explains why Bradley got narked and the defender decided to make the most of whatever contact Bradley made with him i.e to deflect from the clear foul on Cashin?

Not clutching at straws here, just want to know if it was a legitimate red card.

49 minutes ago, Carl Sagan said:

Obviously very disappointing, buckling yet again when having the opportunity to pull away and put one foot in the Championship.

Warne's substitutions prioritised experience over energy, which seemed the wrong approach. I get that Adams was having an off day, but still twice he came closest to scoring. Sibs always has a goal in him whatever position Warne puts him in, as well as picking out Waghorn with an amazing ball, only for it to be smashed over. We had to keep Adams on and move Sibley into a more advanced role. And as I said at the start of the thread, I'd have had Weston on the bench for a youthful attacking option, given our lack of strikers. 

I've watched and rewatched the highlights. Was it really a headbutt from Bradley (I couldn't see anything) or yet more gamesmanship from the opposition? People on here saying he was a fool - was he, or just a victim? 

For their goal, Wilson was probably fouled, Bradley should probably have stopped the cross, and Wildsmith should probably have been better positioned to come and claim the cross. 

Never easy being a Ram, as the injuries stack up.

I was on the side, so had a totally different view of it than the camera angle. I thought I saw Bradley go to ground after the ball was cleared, get back up and square up to their player. As everyone then crowded round I didn't see the actual headbutt so I'm guessing it was red mist after the Northampton player had took him down off the ball. 

Interesting that Sibley's booking also came after he had been fouled and it had been missed by the referee. 

No excuse for the retaliation in either case, but it was strange how the ref was "seeing" every little foul on them but very few against our players. The push on Wilson he allowed to go before their goal being the most obvious example. But it was happening all game. 

2 hours ago, Malagaram said:

Message to Paul Warne "Please will you take Waghorn to see an optamologist to have his eyes tested before allowing him onto the football pitch again,and secondly on Monday morning or when the team are in for training Waghorn needs practice in shooting at goal because he couldnt hit a barn door at 10 yards.Hope he never gets to take a penalty

It's a good chance but not a sitter.

Smashed at him from 10 yards away through a group of players, bouncing in front of him on his weaker foot.

Adams missed the easiest chance by far.

1 hour ago, alram said:

you can copy & paste this for a lot of players, i pray we move on from old over the hill players in the summer regardless of what division we are in. as i mentionedf yesterday our foundations are built of sand, every year we are going to need a rebuild there is nothing long term about our plan

It’s hard to disagree with you after losing Knight , Bird and Wildsmith . Possibly along with Sibley and Thomson in a few weeks time . Looking at the big picture - have we been so desperate to get out of Lg 1 that we have no long-term strategy?

20 hours ago, Kernow said:

It's all hindsight though, isn't it. Without injuries, we'd have enough in my opinion. We have Collins, Gayle, TJJ, Washington and Waghorn. It's just typical that we haven't had more than 2 fit at once nearly all season.

And all those players apart from Collins either had injury prone records, were bought in inured or are over 30 years old and we wonder why we have so many injuries. 

39 minutes ago, jimtastic56 said:

It’s hard to disagree with you after losing Knight , Bird and Wildsmith . Possibly along with Sibley and Thomson in a few weeks time . Looking at the big picture - have we been so desperate to get out of Lg 1 that we have no long-term strategy?

This is what depresses me the most. I could take a few seasons in League 1 if I could see a future, players being bought through or signings who were improving or had some potential. Even if we get promoted its the same over the hill mob on last pay cheques, most of them probably not arsed about the club. No direction at all, much as I despise Warne a lot of that comes from higher up. 

7 minutes ago, Ram-Alf said:

Yep...that's a sign, Walking before the Red was shown...

Yeah, it could be that he knew he was bang to rights (though since when did bothering to argue with a ref ever change red to yellow?), but I'd still like to know the severity of the contact, because the defender certainly looked about as injured as the rest of their players who went down clutching their faces, banging their fists on the floor in agony etc etc

5 minutes ago, Crewton said:

Yeah, it could be that he knew he was bang to rights (though since when did bothering to argue with a ref ever change red to yellow?), but I'd still like to know the severity of the contact, because the defender certainly looked about as injured as the rest of their players who went down clutching their faces, banging their fists on the floor in agony etc etc

I've watched the RamsTV highlights, There's a slight coming together as the ball is cleared...but nowt to see here, Ref pointing for a foul then just a melee of players, With the victim on the ground with both hands on his face, Job done and sent off as the victim takes a good look to see if his 1st stage performance went well 🙄

So was there contact 🤷‍♂️ did the victim play the victim 👍 I'm getting very cynical as the years roll by, It's a win at all cost on the field of play now which sends me further away from the professional game.