DERBY COUNTY FANS FORUM: MARCH 2024

9 minutes ago, Stive Pesley said:

100% - that's really disappointing from Radio Derby. Trying to cause controversy where literally none exists

I came away thinking that, for once, there was nothing really controversial said. 

The only bits even vaguely contentious were Matt Hale saying that they taught the academy players to "cheat" 

and PW saying that he completely respects the rights of the fans to boo his players off the pitch at full time if you feel that they haven't performed well enough

And even that comment about booing was said to make the point not to do it during the game itself, to keep supporting the players during the game because it does lift them.

10 hours ago, Jram said:

Hourihane, Smith, Collins, Waghorn will be released if we’re promoted I reckon. Although I think you could argue a case for retaining them

Forsyth and Barkhuizen 🤔 I’d keep Barks and Fozzy still seems to be doing it so I’d keep him too 

I'd like to keep all of Fozzy, Smith, Barkhuizen & Collins as squad options even in the Championship.

It's important to maintain some degree of continuity given the togetherness that's obviously been fostered within the squad.

3 minutes ago, Carnero said:

I'd like to keep all of Fozzy, Smith, Barkhuizen & Collins as squad options even in the Championship.

It's important to maintain some degree of continuity given the togetherness that's obviously been fostered within the squad.

We have:

Forsyth, Loach, Hourihane, Waghorn, Collins, Smith, Barkhuizen, Gayle, Wildsmith, Sibley, Robinson (I think) and Thompson all out of contract.

Of that list, I'd be open to keeping Forsyth, Loach, Barkhuizen, Gayle, Wildsmith, Sibley, Robinson and Thompson around. Some more than others.

3 minutes ago, Carnero said:

Have you considered the wages those 4 are likely on though? I think the evidence suggests we had to offer top money to get Smith, Barks, Collins and Hourihane to come here as we were desperate at the time. Others too like Chester who has since gone. I'd keep Fozzy but let the rest go and spend the wages on some younger players

1 minute ago, Srg said:

Of that list, I'd be open to keeping Forsyth, Loach, Barkhuizen, Gayle, Wildsmith, Sibley, Robinson and Thompson around. Some more than others.

Agreed, the only difference for me is I'm not against keeping Smith & Collins too.

Hourihane & Waghorn have both reached the end of the line unfortunately.

1 minute ago, Gerry Daly said:

Have you considered the wages those 4 are likely on though? I think the evidence suggests we had to offer top money to get Smith, Barks, Collins and Hourihane to come here as we were desperate at the time. Others too like Chester who has since gone. I'd keep Fozzy but let the rest go and spend the wages on some younger players

Not my job to consider the wages.

There's no rule that we have to offer the same or more wages is there?

We can make what we consider a respectable offer then it's up to them, the same applies with any player. This will include Sibley who may well be on a high wage given he signed a new improved contract in the Mel Morris era.

1 hour ago, angieram said:

Well said.

We were told not to record or anything last night, as the Club would be putting out the full video today.

I was therefore a bit disappointed to find out that Dietrich was live tweeting, but putting out his own slant on what was said. His headline on X 

Fallout? Hardly, and the subtext makes it sound like Brown has left as well as Fleming.

Just slightly seedy and not at all a reflection of the mood of the room last night.

I agree and poor form by Radio Derby.

I don't think I'll bother listening to their podcast. Certainly not until I have watched the full recording from last night.

1 hour ago, angieram said:

Well said.

We were told not to record or anything last night, as the Club would be putting out the full video today.

I was therefore a bit disappointed to find out that Dietrich was live tweeting, but putting out his own slant on what was said. His headline on X 

Fallout? Hardly, and the subtext makes it sound like Brown has left as well as Fleming.

Just slightly seedy and not at all a reflection of the mood of the room last night.

'hear the fallout' - doesn't actually mean hear about a fall out.. it just means hear about the points raised/discussed from the fan forum lol. 

12 hours ago, angieram said:

He said that the independent regulator would be able to intervene with owners if needed, no mention of Morris, and that it may lead to a more even distribution of broadcasting monies.

He said that there has been virtually unanimous support from the 72 EFL clubs, apart from a few clubs in receipt of parachute payments. 

Apart from the clubs with parachute payments - well surprise surprise!!! This is precisely why we need the regulator to put these greedy self interested premier league/parachute payment clubs back in their box and stop them creating a closed shop for 23 clubs at the top of the pyramid which is what’s happening. The English Super League!!

13 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

'hear the fallout' - doesn't actually mean hear about a fall out.. it just means hear about the points raised/discussed from the fan forum lol. 

It's poor judgment from Dom, the old adage "don't give the referee a decision to make" comes in here. Sure, technically speaking one meaning could be general discussion, but overall, the most common understanding of the word by a landslide is negative slanting. Dom could've easily used a different word that'll not be confused.

Likewise with seemingly suggesting that Brown has left the club entirely. Very poor choice of wording and sentence structure from him. Whether he's trying to create a media story and bait engagement remains to be seen. I'd more likely put it down to naivety and the inexperience of trying to use big words where basic words would do the job fine.

5 minutes ago, angieram said:

Wrong. Fallout is almost always used in a negative context. Its dictionary  definition is 

"the adverse results of a situation or action" 

13 minutes ago, Ram@Lincoln said:

It's poor judgment from Dom, the old adage "don't give the referee a decision to make" comes in here. Sure, technically speaking one meaning could be general discussion, but overall, the most common understanding of the word by a landslide is negative slanting. Dom could've easily used a different word that'll not be confused.

Likewise with seemingly suggesting that Brown has left the club entirely. Very poor choice of wording and sentence structure from him. Whether he's trying to create a media story and bait engagement remains to be seen. I'd more likely put it down to naivety and the inexperience of trying to use big words where basic words would do the job fine.

If you want to take things out of context, Warne said he’d like to sign Jude Bellingham 😂

2 hours ago, Carnero said:

I agree. We need to evolve and improve the sqaud not rip it up for team cohesion.

2 hours ago, Stive Pesley said:

Most importantly PW has pledged to start the bounce if we get promoted 😁

if that is to occur we need a GIF of it to be pinned to the front page of the forum, so certain members' piss can be boiled every time they log in.  Admin, make it happen 👍

Edited by ramsbottom