Match Thread: vs Port Vale (H)

Rampant

7 minutes ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

Crowd and atmosphere sounded good through t’telly, interested to hear if that was the case from those proper fans who were there today? 

Us proper fans were there Caerphilly and just on our way home now lol 😉 No seriously it was a good atmosphere today and yes the fans are still fully behind our manager 👌

2 minutes ago, DiggerB said:

I thought Nels was fairly sluggish all afternoon. Probably his least effective game for us.

I agree, though I thought he got better as the game wore on. As someone else suggested above, I think he sometimes struggles in a back 3. It's something I hope the coaches are working on if this is the formation we're going to run with (TBH, with all of the conventional full-backs injured, do we have a choice?)

6 minutes ago, BaianoPOTY98 said:

Us proper fans were there Caerphilly and just on our way home now lol 😉 No seriously it was a good atmosphere today and yes the fans are still fully behind our manager 👌

I wasn’t looking to spark that debate, just often wonder if the mics pick up more/less noise than is actually going on. I thought there was a real warmth to the applause when Ward got man of the match, does that sound weird? Just felt like it was a clap of agreement and acknowledgement for his efforts. 

I need to find an opportunity to get to another game or two before the season ends, I may need some B4 like inspiration to secure a pass from the Mrs and kids though 😬

4 minutes ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

I wasn’t looking to spark that debate, just often wonder if the mics pick up more/less noise than is actually going on. I thought there was a real warmth to the applause when Ward got man of the match, does that sound weird? Just felt like it was a clap of agreement and acknowledgement for his efforts. 

I need to find an opportunity to get to another game or two before the season ends, I may need some B4 like inspiration to secure a pass from the Mrs and kids though 😬

My son has just got us tickets for the Bolton game……and I thought he liked me 🤣

Inspired by the first page of this thread, I thought AI could catch my thoughts on the game:

With eloquence befitting the ages, let this critique unfold upon the recent footballing spectacle. Derby County's recent triumph, gracefully and rightfully achieved, ascends our memories akin to noble birds in the radiance of a sunset.

As the football ensemble of Derby County graced the pitch, they conjured a spiritual melody, resonating with the echoes of past grandeur and steadfastness. The fate of Port Vale seemed sealed, as Derby's players maneuvered the ball with the finesse of courtly virtuosos.

The goals, three in number, rose like magnificent spires, painting a tableau of triumph as iconic as a masterpiece from the Renaissance. Derby County's victory narrates a tale of tradition and artistry interwoven into the very fabric of football. Port Vale, a respectable adversary, found themselves eclipsed in this theatrical performance, where Derby County's gems shone brightly until the game's final act.

Played well today and going 1-0 up so early we carried on going for them which was good too see, could of been a cricket score if we kept going, not sure who was worse them or Exeter 

35 minutes ago, Crewton said:

I agree, though I thought he got better as the game wore on. As someone else suggested above, I think he sometimes struggles in a back 3. It's something I hope the coaches are working on if this is the formation we're going to run with (TBH, with all of the conventional full-backs injured, do we have a choice?)

I think he has more of the ball and also space to carry it into or make a pass. Not his strength.

where as in a four you generally have the full back to pass too so is noticeable on the ball as much.

if we insist on the three, nyambe a better fit for the right sided centre back. Nelson in the middle and cashin left?

2 hours ago, Anag Ram said:

Is Sibley claiming that first goal? Was going wide til their defender knocked it in.

I wonder if there were two deflections - one taking it away from the goal and one back in. Not sure

For me we normally play to the level of the opposition.   We didn't really play any worse than Barnsley or any better than Shrewsbury or Burton.   Most games that we win or lose the beaten manager could probably claim with some justification it could have been a draw.   We win more than we lose but maybe because we have more individuals that can produce moments of quality. 

Today I don't think anyone could argue we weren't worth the 3 points - it wasn't particularly flowing football but on the balance of chances created/conceded we were a distance ahead. 

Good to get back to winning ways, atmosphete good, 2nd and 3rd goals very well taken, Ward was man of the match, followed closely by Adams and Sibbo, enjoyed a very stress free time this afternoon, could have got a few more goals, but hope we are saving a few goals for Bristol Rovers away next week.