Barnsley FC v Derby - Match Day Thread

Heisenberg

2 minutes ago, Returning ram said:

We were, so we're they. It was a third tier game, must admit don't get best view from behind goal, but thought a draw would have been fair.

Fair enough on criticism, but have you posted any positive comments towards PW for the recent form we been on ?

Probably not.. remember many think we’re only second cos all the other teams are crap 

6 minutes ago, Returning ram said:

We were, so we're they. It was a third tier game, must admit don't get best view from behind goal, but thought a draw would have been fair.

Fair enough on criticism, but have you posted any positive comments towards PW for the recent form we been on ?

Nope, I've left that to others as no-one would believe me anyway. 😄

I have no complaints with Warne playing 3 at the back today. Bradley was decent last week and it would have been harsh to drop him. He defended well again today. Maybe Sibley could’ve played LWB as Elder is too defensive for that position, but after last week it was understandable for him to play higher. I thought Sibley was like the old Sibley for the first half hour too, harrying everything until he hurt his foot.
We are just so toothless up top for obvious reasons. 2 sloppy mistakes cost us, but there was very little in the game and they barely troubled us either. My main issue was the start of the second half, we were terrible. The passing was appalling, from everyone. Wildsmith included. Also, Wilson gets into some great positions but he has to deliver more once there. A frustrating one. 

28 minutes ago, Kernow said:

There's a difference between criticising decision making, and reading comments like "if we go up it'll be in spite of Paul Warne". Sometimes it's like some are itching for us to lose just so they can get their teeth in to the manager.

Thank god we're not Bolton, if we lost 4-1 today with Cashin being sent off then it would be mayhem on here.

Sorry, being critical of Warne’s style of play and tactical nouse does not equal to ever wanting the team to lose. That’s plain nonsense.

16 minutes ago, Returning ram said:

Warne has made us a difficult team to beat but we are pretty woeful on the ball given the players at his disposal.  How many chances do we create from open play?  We've been bang average in possession for weeks now so I don't think there is a lot of credit to give to Warne for our attacking output.

5 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Nope, I've left that to others as no-one would believe me anyway. 😄

And that's why it's tedious to some, you're inconspicuous by your absence when we win, but then when they lose, it's all PW fault. 

I get it, you don't like him, however we are going to lose games, this forum becomes unbearable when we lose, rationale goes out the window and it becomes a crusade against the manager. Once again, everyone has an opinion, nothing wrong with it, but to sometimes it would be nice to have a bit of balance.

1 minute ago, Returning ram said:

And that's why it's tedious to some, you're inconspicuous by your absence when we win, but then when they lose, it's all PW fault. 

I get it, you don't like him, however we are going to lose games, this forum becomes unbearable when we lose, rationale goes out the window and it becomes a crusade against the manager. Once again, everyone has an opinion, nothing wrong with it, but to sometimes it would be nice to have a bit of balance.

Oh get real, I couldn't win because as I said no-one would believe it. Like others you're just looking for an excuse to make comments about the poster not the post.

You don't get to say what 'balance' is. The point is it's a forum to make comments about football and Warne is the manager of our football club, geddit.

Edited by RoyMac5

5 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

Sorry, being critical of Warne’s style of play and tactical nouse does not equal to ever wanting the team to lose. That’s plain nonsense.

On the flip side, when we win, are you as quick (not you personally) to praise the play and tactical style.

1 minute ago, RoyMac5 said:

Oh get real, I couldn't win because as I said no-one would believe it. Like others you're just looking for an excuse to make comments about the poster not the post.

Ok, I'll ask you straight...do you think PW has contributed to the good position we are in by the league and deserves credit for that ?

1 hour ago, S8TY said:

I think Gayle is a good signing but we need CBT getting up to speed and quick....we didn't chase after him to have no impact this season....433 NML Gayle CBT is a good front 3 for L1 

Great signing, but he needs the ball to his feet, watch his goals, he is a poacher. No use lumping the ball into the box to him. Hopefully Paul adapts to his skills.

8 minutes ago, Blondest Goat said:

Warne has made us a difficult team to beat but we are pretty woeful on the ball given the players at his disposal.  How many chances do we create from open play?  We've been bang average in possession for weeks now so I don't think there is a lot of credit to give to Warne for our attacking output.

So we are the lowest on goals scored in the league ? Or has he just made us an effective team ?