Paul Warne

Day

I was listening to the Rest is Football the other day and David Moyes and Alan Shearer were talking about being on the same managerial course a while ago. 

Moyes would have already been in management a decade at that point. There are lots of courses to do and managers don't have an awful lot of spare time.

On 22/06/2024 at 11:45, CBX1985 said:

Everyone; of course - at the peak of his powers he found the magic sauce that made things work: the "professor of football".  Wonderful football, great ethos.  Superb.

Then those tactics became stale and defendable; the players he had were not as good as the players he used to have.  His approach was - stick with the scintillating football, rather than "win at all costs".   Arsenal were probably the most entertaining side in the EPL until he left, but they could never again meaningfully challenge for the title under him for nearly twenty years.  Chelsea were tedious, but were always there or there abouts.

I don't think Warne cares about style but for winning.  I think it is whatever gets over the line.  I want the team to win and would rather a turgid drawn out game with a last minute winner than a game that is 5-5 and then we concede in the last minute. 

I want the 5-5 with us getting the last minute winner 🤣

10 hours ago, Srg said:

Was going to say, maybe I’m reading too much into the table set up, but looks like everyone around the table is sort of squared at him with him talking. 

Think they're arranged so they can see the front. 'Working with a board'? 😉

Edited by RoyMac5

On 25/06/2024 at 05:32, islandram said:

it just shows peoples paranoia in trying to find fault with our manager. posting rather than thinking.

Find fault? How is pointing out he’s attending a course finding fault? I couldn’t care less if he only has a C in P.E GCSE as his qualification. 

Apologies, I thought this was a forum to share things about Derby.

55 minutes ago, Mckram said:

Find fault? How is pointing out he’s attending a course finding fault? I couldn’t care less if he only has a C in P.E GCSE as his qualification. 

Apologies, I thought this was a forum to share things about Derby.

perhaps you just get used to the same old attitude from lots of posters that Warnes is not good enough. we could have ended up with Rooney.

I guess this is as good of a place to put it.

Fixtures are out and the Super computer says... A league table has already been produced that has predicted the outcome for next season. And it is good news for Paul Warne's side who are set to avoid the drop as they are predicted to finish fifth from bottom on 49 points.

https://www.derbytelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/derby-county-predicted-league-table-9369042?int_source=nba

2 minutes ago, Ram-Alf said:

I guess this is as good of a place to put it.

Fixtures are out and the totally pointless at this stage computer says... A league table has already been produced that has predicted the outcome for next season. And it is good news for Paul Warne's side who are set to avoid the drop as they are predicted to finish fifth from bottom on 49 points.

https://www.derbytelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/derby-county-predicted-league-table-9369042?int_source=nba

Fixed that for you.