Paul Warne

Day

8 minutes ago, Jourdan said:

Maybe if you said ‘let’s wait and see’ more often, you wouldn’t have so many people quoting you and tearing down your opinions.

Just a thought.

If everyone said 'lets wait and see' what would be the point of the forum? 

You're assuming I don't like people "tearing down" my opinions. It's fine because its just someone's opinion and it adds to an interesting discussion. I'm not afraid of people thinking I'm wrong unlike you. 

3 minutes ago, Andicis said:

I mentioned in the prior post, the painting of the scepticism in Warne being based on just a few games this season. It's inaccurate as you well know, hence why you're misrepresenting the point 

You don't seem to quite understand that post, so I'll explain it for you :

The thing that's done most to kick off the recent arguments has been the unwillingness of some posters to cut Warne any slack as the team finds its feet in the division. Those particular posters have carried their almost constant opposition to Warne from the last 18 months into the current season, a stance which some of us think is unreasonable (to put it politely). This is a reference to those posters who said things like "we'll never get promoted with this guy" and suchlike. It's a rebuttal of those same posters who have played down the promotion in various ways and constantly criticised Warne through preseason and who made it clear that they wanted Warne out regardless of results. I didn't name any such posters, so who would feel unfairly criticised?

The idea that we should find things like calls for the managers head after a home win against a good side two games into a new season in a higher league "fair comment" is simply unconscionable to me. I'll always call it out, but I'll never suggest that such posters should be banned. This is a specific example referring to the reaction of some after the Middlesbrough game, who solely focused on the method of victory rater than the battling quality of the victory itself. Again, I named no-one. You might not like the words I chose, but it reflected my honest view. I have loads of mates who went to that game and not one of them has raised the same criticisms, so I'm not an outlier.

You've managed to fit in a few veiled criticisms of your own, which I think misrepresented my posts, but if you genuinely think I'm reactionary, emotive and silly, all I can say is you're misguided.

2 minutes ago, DCFC Kicks said:

If everyone said 'lets wait and see' what would be the point of the forum? 

You're assuming I don't like people "tearing down" my opinions. It's fine because its just someone's opinion and it adds to an interesting discussion. I'm not afraid of people thinking I'm wrong unlike you. 

Not rushing to judgement and letting things play out is usually a sign of intelligence. Ever heard the saying ‘fools rush in’?

So, if you don’t like people thinking you were wrong, why spend a week trying to convince people we were lucky v Boro?

You’re desperate for attention, and what’s worse is you don’t pay attention.

After all, everyone knows I am pro Warne and I was anti Rooney, Rosenior and Cocu.

All I am waiting for is to see Warne take us to Wembley.

39 minutes ago, The_Sheriff said:

We win 3 0 everyone's happy. If we lose that game playing the same way the Warne out bridge would have been on here.

We had less possession this game then any other yet everyone's now happy with the style?

Stats can be deceptive.  

We were more than a match for Bristol City - sure another day it could have ended 3-3 but we played some very good football at times and created a shed load of chances.  A marked improvement on previous games this season. 

3 hours ago, DCFC Kicks said:

I'll admit I wasn't expected that yesterday. Credit to Warne. That sort of game is him at his best. BC fell into his trap perfectly. I still stand by what I've previously said but I enjoyed the game which is all that matters. As long as I continue to enjoy games I'll gladly be wrong about Warne all along.

Huge credit to you for just coming on a talking about it. Because you’ve had the grace to do that I’ll have much more enjoyment and satisfaction exchanging views and opinions with you. Perhaps in turn,  you might see why others plea patience. ? 

Warne is only the second manager in the entire modern history of the club who has had 50+ games in charge of DCFC  and have a plus 50% win rate. 

Another poster said it was valid to have concerns given his relative inexperience at this level. I agree. The thing is, the contest of the championship needs to play out, that has just started, it isn’t perfect but it’s very solid considering circumstances. 

50 minutes ago, Crewton said:

You don't seem to quite understand that post, so I'll explain it for you :

You've managed to fit in a few veiled criticisms of your own, which I think misrepresented my posts, but if you genuinely think I'm reactionary, emotive and silly, all I can say is you're misguided.

Oh the irony. I'll leave you to it chap.

3 hours ago, May Contain Nuts said:

Nope, another misrepresentation. I've never said that unpleasant views are welcome and free to be espoused without comeback. The point is that the comeback is not limited to those who express such views, and that in some cases even views whch aren't objectionable are being treated as such.

You're now seemingly openly admitting to ridiculing people because their opinion is 'alien' to the norm, but that may be me misinterpreting your own post.

You clearly objected to people being shouted down. ( also known as disagreeing with them)  You implied there was a mood to this forum that didn’t accept dissent. Simply not true. There isn’t a board of directors deciding policy. Could it be that people get ganged up on because what they argue is flawed to a degree that presses everyone’s buttons at the same time ?  

I am happy to admit to ridiculing some posters. Not because they failed to conform to a norm but because they espoused views that were toxic, inflexible and had a destructive agenda thus were worthy of ridicule. .. they don’t have to like the manager or the style of play but they should display an ability to discuss a counter argument and weigh its merits. Some simply refuse to do that. That’s fine, but if you insist, then accept the consequence, argue back, but don’t cry foul. 

3 hours ago, May Contain Nuts said:

Nope, another misrepresentation. I've never said that unpleasant views are welcome and free to be espoused without comeback. The point is that the comeback is not limited to those who express such views, and that in some cases even views whch aren't objectionable are being treated as such.

You're now seemingly openly admitting to ridiculing people because their opinion is 'alien' to the norm, but that may be me misinterpreting your own post.

Edited by Tyler Durden
Waste of time trying to hold a coherent conversation. I did say I was going to stop posting on here despite the temptation so my bad

8 minutes ago, jono said:

You clearly objected to people being shouted down. ( also known as disagreeing with them)

Totally get where you're coming from in the rest of your post Jono, but I do think there's a difference between disagreeing with someone and shouting them down, at least in this online format. 

Disagreement, debate - it's brilliant. Lifeblood of a good forum. It would be so boring if we all had the same opinion or if we were stuck in an echo chamber.

But posters can have that debate and "disagree agreeably", to quote a popular podcast, without being a personally insulting. It doesn't strengthen their argument, it just makes them look like a bit of a door-handle.

As @i-Ramsuggested earlier, I think the forum should be imagined a bit like pub. There's no way some of the responses people get on here would be said if they were face to face with the person. There'd be a fist-fight every ten minutes 😂

At the end of the day people can, and will, post what they like. But it's ultimately the personal insults etc that make the forum a less pleasant place to be, not the amount of Warne-In/Warne-Out debate. 

30 minutes ago, jono said:

You clearly objected to people being shouted down. ( also known as disagreeing with them)  You implied there was a mood to this forum that didn’t accept dissent. Simply not true. There isn’t a board of directors deciding policy. Could it be that people get ganged up on because what they argue is flawed to a degree that presses everyone’s buttons at the same time ?  

I am happy to admit to ridiculing some posters. Not because they failed to conform to a norm but because they espoused views that were toxic, inflexible and had a destructive agenda thus were worthy of ridicule. .. they don’t have to like the manager or the style of play but they should display an ability to discuss a counter argument and weigh its merits. Some simply refuse to do that. That’s fine, but if you insist, then accept the consequence, argue back, but don’t cry foul. 

I was banned about 3 years ago, thought it was unfair at the time but guess everyone says the same thing.

Point being that since then I've fit into the forum rules which are moderated by a highly vigilant team without blowing smoke up their behinds to make sure that the forum rules are followed. 

I've not since fallen foul of the mods as I tend to believe that I've followed the forum rules on appropriate behaviour.

It would appear that this isn't enough for some members whom want to moderate the forum themselves to their own rules which Invariably revolve around when another member has said something to them that they don't like.

Not abusive, not threatening, basically a challenge back to their original comments. 

This isn't about freedom of speech, this isn't about breaking forum rules, this is purely around being challenged back.

Until certain posters get used to that idea then I can't see anything changing anytime soon. 

Edited by Tyler Durden

9 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

I was banned about 3 years ago, thought it was unfair at the time but guess everyone says the same thing.

Point being that since then I've fit into the forum rules which are moderated by a highly vigilant team without blowing smoke up their behinds to make sure that the forum rules are followed. 

I've not since fallen foul of the mods as I tend to believe that I've followed the forum rules on appropriate behaviour.

It would appear that this isn't enough for some members whom want to moderate the forum themselves to their own rules which Invariably revolve around when another member has said something to them that they don't like.

Not abusive, not threatening, basically a challenge back to their original comments. 

This isn't about freedom of speech, this isn't about breaking forum rules, this is purely around being challenged back.

Until certain posters get used to that idea then I can't see anything changing anytime soon. 

I’ll reply to this one seeing as you are quite obviously talking about me here after I called you out the other evening and then you followed up on it in my inbox.

Just to be absolutely clear: I don’t have any problem with anyone’s opinion on anything Derby County related, nor do I mind people disagreeing with me (this happens all the time). 

I just have a problem with keyboard bullies who make unnecessary personal insults at other people from behind the safety of their computer screen.

I think you’re probably smart and reasonable enough to admit and recognise that a few do quite a good job of doing this whilst staying within the boundaries of the forum rules. 

Hopefully as the season goes on, the football improves, and the wins keep coming, the collective mood will improve and there will be a lot less of it. 

Certainly if we play like we did yesterday then the posters that seem to really irritate posters like yourself won’t really have anything to complain about. I think 99% of them ultimately just want to see their club succeed at the end of the day, as you do.

Edited by Nuwtfly

3 minutes ago, Nuwtfly said:

I’ll reply to this one seeing as you are quite obviously talking about me here after I called you out the other evening and then you followed up on it in my inbox.

Just to be absolutely clear: I don’t have any problem with anyone’s opinion on anything Derby County related, nor do I mind people disagreeing with me (this happens all the time). 

I just have a problem with keyboard bullies who make unnecessary personal insults at other people from behind the safety of their computer screen.

I think you’re probably smart and reasonable enough to admit and recognise that a few do quite a good job of doing this whilst staying within the boundaries of the forum rules. 

Hopefully as the season goes on, the football improves, and the wins keep coming, the collective mood will improve and there will be a lot less of it. 

Genuinely wasn't alluding to yourself just to be clear.

I've had certain posts removed, absolutely, as am sure a proportion of other forum members have, so not trying to make out that I'm whiter than white. 

I agree that derogatory comments are totally unnecessary and a person found guilty of that should justifiably be banned. 

I guess what I'm saying to anyone is let the mods do the moderating. 

8 minutes ago, Nuwtfly said:

How do you feel about folk being called door handles? Is that an insult in your opinion and if not, why not? And would you say that responding to a post where the same poster was being labelled 'a weeping sore on the arse of the forum' with a laughter emoji might constitute bullying?, that is both the post and your reaction to it. For reference, you levelled these same accusations at me for responding to one of your posts with a simple CBA, but I can assure you you have my undivided attention now.

What then are the metrics you're using for judging others that somewhat mysteriously, don't apply to you or those whose stance matches your own? I only ask as I've never seen you white knighting for any pro-Warne posters on the receiving end of precisely the same treatment that apparently causes you such concern. 

14 minutes ago, Jram said:

I’m sure we can all agree after yesterday that we’re all now pro-Warne. Close this thread, please, Mods, there’s no longer any need for debate.

Yes. We're destined for promotion. If we miss out on top 2  at least we'll have a Play off final vs Oxford to look forward too. It'll be ideal for us, as we'll have played a warm-up game at Wembley the week before vs Man City and set a new record for most goals scored in an FA Cup campaign.

Unfortunately for us, our 49 game unbeaten run doesn't go unnoticed at FA HQ, and Warne is appointed as the next permanent England manager.

This thread is open and staying open like the wonderful Paul Warne.

We won yesterday it was wonderful.

We are in a great position in the league table.

We continue to attract new and exciting players.

We are creating great chances and scoring great goals.

I’ve skipped loads of pages of “well you only post when we win to have a go at those folk that only post (but post all the time) about when we loose or should have lost or will loose more than we will win and we are doomed before we play again posts, and it’s within everybody’s rights to post there opinions, to share with the rest of the footballing world or any bored soul that might want to waste ones time,  reading about little Derby County and what some folk think about the one and only Paul Warne.

I love Paul Warne and I also love Norman Hull and every other Norman. 🖤 🐏

@Norman Hull

Ps I’m not too keen on Norman’s wife but I’m sure that’s my problem and I’ll soon fall in love with her as well !

1 hour ago, jono said:

You appear to be in total denial that there are any problems on this forum created by anyone other than people criticising Warne.

There doesn't have to be a board of directors setting a policy for there to be a prevalent attitude - it's playground law, not a corporate boardroom.

Simply denying the existence of that attitude doesn't mean it isn't there. If it wasn't there I'd have nothing to comment on, simple as that. I'm not even 'anti-Warne', I've never agreed with the notion that he should be sacked and I have no reason to be making this stuff up.

You'll simply never see it, which usually means you're a part of it. At least I can acknowledge that there thee some boneheads out there being OTT and abusive, but they are still very few in. umber compared to those making and debating reasoned criticism.

If you still apparently can't grasp the idea that there's a difference between disagreeing with people and shouting them down and that both of these things exist on the forum then I'm not really sure what to say.

50 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

Genuinely wasn't alluding to yourself just to be clear.

I've had certain posts removed, absolutely, as am sure a proportion of other forum members have, so not trying to make out that I'm whiter than white. 

I agree that derogatory comments are totally unnecessary and a person found guilty of that should justifiably be banned. 

I guess what I'm saying to anyone is let the mods do the moderating. 

A simple forum protocol would perhaps work in most scenarios:  Disagree with or criticise a post, but don't attack the poster. 

Just a thought.