Paul Warne

Day

10 hours ago, FlyBritishMidland said:

We’ve won 2 on the bounce with an aggregate score of 6-0 and gone clear in 2nd, even if others win their games in hand.  We’re now back to psychoanalysing everything Warne and his staff say.  You couldn’t make it up!!

I think the Lincoln team need their piss testing ASAP.  11 goals in 2 games.  3 points of the playoffs now.  Don't know what's happening there other than this league is bobbins which I already knew.

3 minutes ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

I think the Lincoln team need their piss testing ASAP.  11 goals in 2 games.  3 points of the playoffs now.  Don't know what's happening there other than this league is bobbins which I already knew.

Makes our 0:0 draw at their place look like a decent result!

8 minutes ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

They play Portsmouth last game of the season.

Fair play, deserves a lot of credit. Adams obviously a huge game changer, hopefully isn’t tempted to deviate from this set up even if we get a fit Nyambe / Elder / Forsyth unless they rotate in the centre back spots.

The wing backs need to be attacking players

59 minutes ago, YouRams said:

Think we made the right decision sticking with Warne. It might not be pretty at times but this group of players look so together and run themselves into the ground for him. Let's all get together and behind the lads for the run in. 8 cup finals left.

I may have missed something but I am not aware there was ever a decision to be made….except in virtual reality on here!

14 hours ago, Tamworthram said:

I am confident (but not sure. How can you possibly be sure?) hence why I said “unless it’s mathematically certain” but, there are various scenarios whereby we could be going into the last two games with it all still to play for even if we won our next seven. Imagine if Barnsley and Peterborough both won all of their games prior to the last two. They’d only be 2 and 1 points behind. They may be unlikely scenarios but are they any less likely than Derby winning every game? Even if Portsmouth lost against us, Peterborough and Barnsley but won all their others they’d only be 3 points behind. 

Essentially, don’t celebrate too soon. 

If Barnsley, Peterboro and Derby win all their games going down to the last 2 matches, that would mean all three would beat Pompey which would only give them a maximum of 89 points (that would include them winning the other 3 games, one away to Bolton). Barnsley would have just Blackpool away and Northampton at home, Peterboro would have Bristol away and Bolton at home. We would be 4 points clear of Pompey, 2 points clear of Barnsley and 1 point clear of Peterboro with Cambridge away and Carlisle at home. The bookies would not bet against us in the scenario.

10 minutes ago, plymouthram said:

If Barnsley, Peterboro and Derby win all their games going down to the last 2 matches, that would mean all three would beat Pompey which would only give them a maximum of 89 points (that would include them winning the other 3 games, one away to Bolton). Barnsley would have just Blackpool away and Northampton at home, Peterboro would have Bristol away and Bolton at home. We would be 4 points clear of Pompey, 2 points clear of Barnsley and 1 point clear of Peterboro with Cambridge away and Carlisle at home. The bookies would not bet against us in the scenario.

I agree but I imagine Posh thought they had it in the bag last year in the play offs, not long ago we only needed a draw in the last game at home against lowly Reading to reach the play offs but we managed to lose the game and didn't Forest mess it up from a winning position fairly recently?

It doesn't matter what the bookies say, only a fool would celebrate until it's certain and only a bigger fool would brag.

12 hours ago, Tamworthram said:

Didn't work in some cases though did it? 😀

Seriously though, of course we all want to get out of this division as soon as possible but maybe DC is a pragmatist and realises that promotion last season would have been outstanding, promotion in season two is a realistic hope (although we're still under the restrictions of the business plan we had to get agreed etc.), promotion by the end of season three (at the latest) is the expectation. That's where my thinking is. The only things that may have brought forward a possible parting of the ways (sacking or "by mutual consent") IMO is if we'd been way off the pace and not close to being contenders in years 1 or 2.

I agree, but I can't see how we could afford to sack a manager that we must have offered strong contractual terms to poach from a side he had managed for six years, and played for for nine!  It would have totally destroyed our business plan.

Before it is said, LR was never appointed to the top job, just interim, so would not have been a ruinous pay off.

3 minutes ago, CBX1985 said:

I agree, but I can't see how we could afford to sack a manager that we must have offered strong contractual terms to poach from a side he had managed for six years, and played for for nine!  It would have totally destroyed our business plan.

Before it is said, LR was never appointed to the top job, just interim, so would not have been a ruinous pay off.

We don't need to have sacked him if you agree.

8 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

We don't need to have sacked him if you agree.

I do agree; I have never wanted him to be sacked.  Lots did, but I think them delusional if they ever thought it would have happened.  

7 hours ago, CBX1985 said:

I do agree; I have never wanted him to be sacked.  Lots did, but I think them delusional if they ever thought it would have happened.  

Your comment “but I can’t see how we could afford to sack a manager……..it would totally destroy our business plan” confused me. I thought you were implying we should have sacked him but our business plan wouldn’t allow it.

It's this situation, right now, that Clowes brought him in for.  Rosinior or AN Other may well have got us into the exact same position with 8 to go, but Warne's experience of multiple run ins should give us an edge.  I don't give a crap if his interviews are a little disjointed and waffly for some taste (I for one like 'em), but you know for a fact he knows exactly what to say to the players.

On 12/03/2024 at 12:10, FlyBritishMidland said:

We’ve won 2 on the bounce with an aggregate score of 6-0 and gone clear in 2nd, even if others win their games in hand.  We’re now back to psychoanalysing everything Warne and his staff say.  You couldn’t make it up!!

The Bucks Fizz Kids on here could!!

Reds, Blues, Greens, Yellow tops, skirts and chino’s all over the shop! 😂

Up The Rams 🐏

It feels like PW read the post I made after Charlton talking about how the manager isn't going to change things so we need to change the manager and said "f*** you guy on the internet - I CAN change things" and suddenly we are playing entertaining and attractive attacking football. It's been good. With a couple of different decisions from players yesterday, we'd have been rolling them over. Was good to watch.

1 hour ago, The Running Man said:

It feels like PW read the post I made after Charlton talking about how the manager isn't going to change things so we need to change the manager and said "f*** you guy on the internet - I CAN change things" and suddenly we are playing entertaining and attractive attacking football. It's been good. With a couple of different decisions from players yesterday, we'd have been rolling them over. Was good to watch.

I think having Gayle has made a huge difference.

4 hours ago, The Running Man said:

Or maybe he’s thinking the lads are really starting to get to grips with what I want , let’s hope that that guy on the internet can see it 🤷🏻‍♂️

11 hours ago, ramsbottom said:

It's this situation, right now, that Clowes brought him in for.  Rosinior or AN Other may well have got us into the exact same position with 8 to go, but Warne's experience of multiple run ins should give us an edge.  I don't give a crap if his interviews are a little disjointed and waffly for some taste (I for one like 'em), but you know for a fact he knows exactly what to say to the players.

I was thinking that Warney's interviews had become a bit 'David Brent' recently, so I tend to chuckle at them now.  Anyhow, as things stand, none of that matters. Just have to hope he's got what it takes to get us promoted.