Paul Warne

Day

9 minutes ago, The_Sheriff said:

Warne haters...

We've been over this so many times. But you clearly cannot grasp it and feel you have to surface whenever the first team win a game.

Ok, here it is again, please try to understand it this time....

We do not "hate" Warne.

We just believe he should do better with the squad he has, the resources that he has available and make better use of the academy.

We do not agree with many of his team selections, his tactics or his substitutions.

Yes, we beat a very poor, low lying Port Vale, rah, rah, rah but can you look further than that - at the longer term future of the club?

Edited by IslandExile

Good job from the gaffer today. Tactics good, formation worked, subs were fairly seamless. It actually could have been 5-0 without flattering us. I am still perplexed by our tendency to disappear into our shell as we did the last 15 minutes of the 1st half. It was like we'd collectively lost our minds for a while there, with even the senior players looking rattled, but that aside, no real grumbles at all. 

I thought the back 5 worked well too, with Ward and Sibs the standouts. I think I'd still favour a 4 if Ryan and Fozzy were fit, but 3 goals scored and none conceded, to some extent, tells its own story, even against a poor side like Vale and I'm chuffed we've at least stopped the rot. We will need to back that performance up though as it's likely Brizzle will prove a significantly sterner test with our arch-nemesis, the Wardrobe lying in wait 👀

3 hours ago, IslandExile said:

We've been over this so many times. But you clearly cannot grasp it and feel you have to surface whenever the first team win a game.

We do not "hate" Warne.

We just believe he should do better with the squad he has, the resources that he has available and make better use of the academy.

We do not agree with many of his team selections, his tactics or his substitutions.

Yes, we beat a very poor, low lying Port Vale, rah, rah, rah but can you look further than that - at the longer term future of the club?

yeah but, why do you hate warne?

Ok here goes ,, surprise surprise, I have a bit of a gripe/ concern today even after a win which I’m really pleased with but my issue is not this I don’t like warne style football or I much prefer liam style stuff , I’ve already said today that if I saw a flaw and fair stick to beat the manager with it’s the home results and yes I know we won today but I really was surprised we went in at 2-0 half time because I really thought here we go again after we went 1-0 up and I thought we were poor first half , ive not really been able to pin down where or why it’s been going wrong at home but it came to me very simply during that first half that warne and the staff really need to put a rocket up these players backsides at time and my concern is whether he is too nice a bloke to tear them a new one when needed , I realise I may be miles off the mark and it’s just guess work or gut feel on my part 🤷🏻‍♂️,

there’s so much anti warne that I’ve taken a look at what it was I liked about his sides when he first came and all the games I’ve really enjoyed where some just don’t like any ,, well here it is , when it’s right the gas’s out idea of warne and being super fit covering the ground is was all about pressing the poo out of teams , not giving them a second to breath on the ball and when we get the ball back and or get in front going for the opponents throat for 90 mins , we hunted in packs and by hell I really enjoyed that , for some reason we have lost or gone away from that , even the simple thing of our throw ins shows it clear as day , no bugger is moving ,demanding the ball and the thrower is left standing like a lemon and all too often launches a long 50/50 throw up the line ,

get back to the game style you like mr warne because plenty of us fans enjoy that , it’s gets us off our seats and right behind the team , for me game management is not about slowing it down and trying to play tika taka keep ball that just invites teams on to us and we start panicking and hitting loose passes , has warne lost his way a bit under criticism of not playing pretty pretty football? If so I hope he goes back to type for the rest of the season because if he does and gets the players fired up and back on it this squad will be top two 

42 minutes ago, Archied said:

Ok here goes ,, surprise surprise, I have a bit of a gripe/ concern today even after a win which I’m really pleased with but my issue is not this I don’t like warne style football or I much prefer liam style stuff , I’ve already said today that if I saw a flaw and fair stick to beat the manager with it’s the home results and yes I know we won today but I really was surprised we went in at 2-0 half time because I really thought here we go again after we went 1-0 up and I thought we were poor first half , ive not really been able to pin down where or why it’s been going wrong at home but it came to me very simply during that first half that warne and the staff really need to put a rocket up these players backsides at time and my concern is whether he is too nice a bloke to tear them a new one when needed , I realise I may be miles off the mark and it’s just guess work or gut feel on my part 🤷🏻‍♂️,

there’s so much anti warne that I’ve taken a look at what it was I liked about his sides when he first came and all the games I’ve really enjoyed where some just don’t like any ,, well here it is , when it’s right the gas’s out idea of warne and being super fit covering the ground is was all about pressing the poo out of teams , not giving them a second to breath on the ball and when we get the ball back and or get in front going for the opponents throat for 90 mins , we hunted in packs and by hell I really enjoyed that , for some reason we have lost or gone away from that , even the simple thing of our throw ins shows it clear as day , no bugger is moving ,demanding the ball and the thrower is left standing like a lemon and all too often launches a long 50/50 throw up the line ,

get back to the game style you like mr warne because plenty of us fans enjoy that , it’s gets us off our seats and right behind the team , for me game management is not about slowing it down and trying to play tika taka keep ball that just invites teams on to us and we start panicking and hitting loose passes , has warne lost his way a bit under criticism of not playing pretty pretty football? If so I hope he goes back to type for the rest of the season because if he does and gets the players fired up and back on it this squad will be top two 

Come on Archied…..what do you really think 😉

1 hour ago, Archied said:

C’mon @Archied don’t let them get to you on here. Up The Rams 🐏

4 hours ago, IslandExile said:

We do not "hate" Warne.

You know what pragmatism is the keyword here, the objective is to get out of League 1 and if we achieve that then the means will justify the ends 

Edited by Tyler Durden

3 hours ago, Srg said:

Have your opinion, fine, but if that will never ever change regardless of anything, why are you even here discussing it?

exactly why would you nail yourself so rigidly to an opinion and not let anything that actually happens change it?

that is just petty and makes the points you make kind of irrelevant because you arent judging them objectively

i am not warnes biggest fan at all but hands up today was very good and if it continues i will be more than happy

2 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

You know what pragmatism is the keyword here, the objective is to get out of League 1 and if we achieve that then then means will justify the ends 

this is the bottom line we need to get out this division and it doesnt matter how we do it

but the issue becomes if we dont get out of the division we are in big trouble because yet again we will need another rebuild but thats warnes way. if it doesnt work and we dont go up that its been a terrible decision to hire and keep him but if we go up then its paid off . whether he can take us to where we want to be as a championship club thats a different discussion because based on what i have seen and history i am not sure he will take us much further than mid table of the championship at the most but lets hope we have that problem

1 hour ago, Archied said:

I don't think he's changed his style, so much as circumstances have made it necessary. 

Injuries, and heavy pitches this time of year have led to a more cautious approach. 

Bradley summed up the approach in his post match interview, knock it around the back, invite the press, play it to the wingback and hit the channels is the prescription, and the players pretty much followed that to the letter today.